Do you know enough to give up on Deshone Kizer?

brownie man

Do you know enough right now to say its time to move on from Kizer?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know enough to say its time to move on from Deshone?

• Yes I know enough he will not be a franchise QB in Cleveland ever
    • I will decide after he has more time
    • I will decide after I see him with a better supporting cast
    • I am sticking with him for the forseeable future

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You have no clue what his role was, how much influence (if any) he had on player acquisition, ect.  You seem to think because he worked in the front office he was directly responsible for another GM's decisions??

Common sense tells me that if everyone else, Scheiner, Farmer, Pettine, etc were all fired for their roles in that clusterf*** and Sashi was promoted that he obviously didnt seem to agree with what they were doing.

Sashi was a salary cap/contract guy with the Jags and was well regarded when hired.  Blaming the beer guy in Jax would be just as sensible as blaming Sashi, it wasn't Sashi making the personnel decisions.

You seem to mistake me correcting your illogical criticism with defending him. I'm not defending anything, simply advocating for patience with this front office. 

12 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

Good to know you think the beer guy and a top exec carry the same weight and importance in an organization

I'm curious what you scored on the reading for comprehension section of your S.A.T.

10 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

Good to know you think the beer guy and a top exec carry the same weight and importance in an organization. Common sense and logic have nothing to do with Haslam's running this team. If the beer guy did nothing but miss his quotas and spill drinks for several years, I'd expect him to be out, whereas Haslam might promote him to head custodian or put him in charge of the gift shop. 

My criticism is completely logical - our GM did nothing to earn the role he currently has, but I definitely agree with you in that the only logical thing to do is to give this regime another year of patience in their rebuild, as it was in no shape to be just a 2 year thing, and they've shown some signs of competency despite the abysmal record.

Again, it seems as though this point can't be repeated enough as you refuse to acknowledge it, you have NO IDEA WHAT SASHI DID AND DIDN'T DO WITH THE LAST REGIME.  You're attributing the failures of the previous GM to him without ANY BASIS AT ALL.  I'm not sure what's difficult about that.  That's also not an opinion, but clearly a statement of fact. For all you know he could have been advocating we take Carr and OBJ and Farmer went full retard.  Either way, we have no clue.  

Sashi has to answer for the choices made since he took over, you know, the things you just described as signs of competency.

At least to reasonable folks....

And who says he didn't earn his role?  What qualifications do you need precisely? 

1 minute ago, big poppa pump said:

Sticking up for ur boo???

giphy.gif

Nice gif.  And no, I just don't like dumb straw man takes.  That wasn't what @LETSGOBROWNIES said and @dawgdish is drawing irrational conclusions while putting words in people's mouths.  Sure you're not sticking up for ur boo/other account?  Whoever giffed it dealt it, eh.

2 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Nice gif.  And no, I just don't like dumb straw man takes.  That wasn't what @LETSGOBROWNIES said and @dawgdish is drawing irrational conclusions while putting words in people's mouths.  Sure you're not sticking up for ur boo/other account?  Whoever giffed it dealt it, eh.

Do him a solid and included a link to what straw man means so he doesn't have to google it.

46 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Again, it seems as though this point can't be repeated enough as you refuse to acknowledge it, you have NO IDEA WHAT SASHI DID AND DIDN'T DO WITH THE LAST REGIME.  You're attributing the failures of the previous GM to him without ANY BASIS AT ALL.  I'm not sure what's difficult about that.  That's also not an opinion, but clearly a statement of fact. For all you know he could have been advocating we take Carr and OBJ and Farmer went full retard.  Either way, we have no clue.  

Sashi has to answer for the choices made since he took over, you know, the things you just described as signs of competency.

At least to reasonable folks....

And who says he didn't earn his role?  What qualifications do you need precisely? 

I'm not attributing the failures of Farmer to Sashi, I'm just pointing out that it makes no sense that someone who has been a top executive in nothing but losing organizations, and who had no personnel experience was given the title and authority over personnel that he has now, so I can't understand why people blindly defend him while crucifying, say, Hue (and attributing all of our draft mistakes to the coach who doesn't have the authority). You are absolutely right, we don't really know, and that fact can be used to argue both sides of the fence, so I guess it just which side you stand on. Objectively, the jury is out on Ownership, the GM, and the coach.

If you are in the GM role where final personnel say is in your title (rather than with someone like the coach) as Sashi is now, it seems a no-brainer to me that a general qualification you need is prior success in evaluating personnel. Having drafted winners, or having been part of an organization that has been strong in personnel acquisition and retention. To be clear, I would have zero problem with Sashi in his current position if the say over roster and draft rested with a VP of personnel type or a Parcells type coach who can cook and shop for the groceries.

Archived