Stranger Thing Season 4

The Gnat

On 7/28/2022 at 11:13 PM, MKnight82 said:

I was late to the party, never watched this show before but binged it over the past two weeks. Because of that I have all of the seasons fresh in my mind.  Here's some general thoughts: 

- In terms of season quality I'd say Season 1 was the best, followed by 4, then 3 then 2. 

close. I’m 1,3,4,2. 

- I thought the reveal of One being Vecna was very well done and I didn't see it coming at all. 

I did call it but not early. It was well done. 

- Season 4 was better because the Vecna has a face and personality. The Mindflayer was a lame villain in comparison because its hard to relate to a swarming mass of dust. Still, I thought it was kind of lame they nerfed the Mindflayer into just being a machination by Vecna. I know it easily wraps up the Mindflayer storyline, and it gives the characters a defined way to win the war against the upside down once and for all, but I kind of liked the idea of this upside world having all kinds of nasties waiting to come through. 

- I read through this thread and was surprised to see so many people liking the Max character.  I'm not a fan of her at all. 

- I get that they had a lot of storytelling to wrap up, but couldn't they have just broken out Hopper in the premier and brought him home? He's one of the best characters of the show and sidelining him was a mistake imo. 

100%. Hopper storyline dragged too long. 

- I find it weird that in season 1 the main characters were basically the group of 4 boys, and now all of them are practically side characters. I get that its necessary to bring in new characters to open new storylines, but I don't think I've ever seen a show literally abandon its main characters like that. That being said, other than Dustin the other 3 are pretty boring. 

See I actually never felt like that except for Will always being abandoned