Stranger Thing Season 4

The Gnat

10 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I also thought this was the last season, just based on how they rolled out the episodes.  I wish it would have been tbh and they could have had a more satisfying ending.  Would have loved to see all of the friends die other than El and the end is she is alone in the world again with nobody who understands her powers.  That or have a few die along with El.  

I really liked the season up to the final episode.  Had such good build up and then the last episode just fell flat IMO.  

the Duffer brothers have said that even though there will almost certainly be a time jump because of the kids age, they basically envisioned this whole arc as one thing. So like season 4 is part 1 and season 5 part 2. 

I think the way I ultimately end up viewing the season 4 finale will be heavilly dependant on what they do with Max. Her storyline has to payoff. If she is back to normal in a couple episodes then it is no good. But if she is just in a hospital bed all season and then gets fixed at the end, also disappointing. They have a small needle to thread to make it work

1 hour ago, mse326 said:

the Duffer brothers have said that even though there will almost certainly be a time jump because of the kids age, they basically envisioned this whole arc as one thing. So like season 4 is part 1 and season 5 part 2. 

I think the way I ultimately end up viewing the season 4 finale will be heavilly dependant on what they do with Max. Her storyline has to payoff. If she is back to normal in a couple episodes then it is no good. But if she is just in a hospital bed all season and then gets fixed at the end, also disappointing. They have a small needle to thread to make it work

Her being blind and barely able to walk or use her hands, and those cursed by Vecna/The upside down having to die to truly end it, would be a dark wrap up for her and Will.

If that’s the case for her I’m sure there will be some power she gets in terms of connection to him. Even if it is just vibes.

On 7/4/2022 at 10:11 AM, Daniel said:

Tons of really long sequences and speeches that could have been edited down by a lot.

This was really getting on my nerves too. Felt like every episode had multiple scenes and sequences drawn out way too long. That basketball shot/dice roll in the first being the most egregious of them though. 

Still think the season was great. I really hated the jock guy though. Tbh, he should have just stuck that shiny gun of his in his mouth. 

11 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

This was really getting on my nerves too. Felt like every episode had multiple scenes and sequences drawn out way too long. That basketball shot/dice roll in the first being the most egregious of them though. 

Still think the season was great. I really hated the jock guy though. Tbh, he should have just stuck that shiny gun of his in his mouth. 

That's where I am.  Maybe I don't remember it like I should, but I still think this season was weaker than season 2.  That said, it's still Stranger Things, and still good.  I'm still gonna watch season 5 as soon as it comes out, and I'm still excited for it.

I also thought season 3 was maybe the best one, so 4 had a tough act to follow.

15 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Pretty sure we all hated Steve in season 1. Maybe jock guy will improve next season. 

• Like 1

On 7/4/2022 at 3:50 PM, Deadpulse said:

I am gonna go the opposite route here. My dream ending is that they realize even if they do kill Vecna, he has already pushed the upside down so far it wont stop the invasion, the leaks into the real world. This stuff will just keep happening with or without Vecna pulling the strings, it will just get more chaotic. So what they need is someone to take the "crown" so to speak. They need someone to make the sacrifice, stay in the upside-down, and take command to keep things under control. They should allude to Eleven being the only one who can due to her powers but last minute Will realizes his connection to the upside-down allows him to also be capable of taking control and he makes that play. 

So we've got a Harry Potter based prediction, and a Lich King based prediction. I like both, tbh.

17 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

One of the theories I have seen for season 5 is actually related to how much focus they put on that shot/dice scene.  Dustin rolled an Eleven, and that wasn't enough to beat the Vecna.  Lucas hit the shot, while wearing number 8 to win the game.  The thoughts that #8 is back in season 5 to help El beat Vecna because El is not able to on her own. 

2 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

I mean given he's dead I don't see that happening...

27 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Jock guy got destroyed. He aint coming back.

Yikes. I remember Lucas beating him but I can’t remember him dying. Guess I’ll have to rewatch it. 

4 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Yikes. I remember Lucas beating him but I can’t remember him dying. Guess I’ll have to rewatch it. 

It happened kind of in the background but he got destroyed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

It is an improvement for him, though, so you'll get your wish, haha.

--------------------------------

Finally wrapped up the season, it was hard to find time for that last episode. Thought it was really good overall. I want to know what happens next.

Season 5 prediction:

Spoiler

I think Vecna transfers his consciousness into Max, who is now an empty vessel (braindead). Hinted at by El's trip into her mind while she is in the hospital and the song: "I'd make a deal with God, and get him to swap our places". Also, Max is in a coma just like El and Vecna have to be after they exert their powers too much. The 'time jump' mentioned by the creators between seasons 4 and 5 will be the time needed by Vecna to recover and come back in Max's body. I don't think we are getting her back, unfortunately.