Stranger Thing Season 4

The Gnat

5 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Yikes. I remember Lucas beating him but I can’t remember him dying. Guess I’ll have to rewatch it. 

When the gate opened up he got cut in half, which is what he alluded to earlier in the season when telling Lucas what a first hangover feels like. Was something like ‘feels like your guts are being split in half’, caught it on a rewatch.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kiltman said:

When the gate opened up he got cut in half, which is what he alluded to earlier in the season when telling Lucas what a first hangover feels like. Was something like ‘feels like your guts are being split in half’, caught it on a rewatch.

My wife and I had to rewind because it was a 'blink and you'll miss it' moment. I missed it at first. She said "did Jason just get cut in half?" and I had no idea what she was talking about. We rewound and saw it. Pretty gnarly.

27 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

My wife and I had to rewind because it was a 'blink and you'll miss it' moment. I missed it at first. She said "did Jason just get cut in half?" and I had no idea what she was talking about. We rewound and saw it. Pretty gnarly.

Yeah for such a bastard character, you’d think they might savor his death a little more. But I suppose there was way more larger things happening then.

On 7/11/2022 at 3:03 PM, minutemancl said:

Season 5 prediction:

Hide contents

I think Vecna transfers his consciousness into Max, who is now an empty vessel (braindead). Hinted at by El's trip into her mind while she is in the hospital and the song: "I'd make a deal with God, and get him to swap our places". Also, Max is in a coma just like El and Vecna have to be after they exert their powers too much. The 'time jump' mentioned by the creators between seasons 4 and 5 will be the time needed by Vecna to recover and come back in Max's body. I don't think we are getting her back, unfortunately.

Spoiler

Think you're on the right track, but think it's going to be Mike (EDIT:  LOL, meant Will) who becomes the next host.   Max would be a high-impact choice, but also too obvious IMO.

Edited by Broncofan

22 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I thought this was supposed to be the last season?

Either way, it was a good season. One of the best things about this show is the characters. The plot is only average but you care about the characters.

I thought it would be too, but apparently they are doing 1 more & there will be a time jump.. which is sorely needed

On 7/13/2022 at 4:27 PM, Broncofan said:
  Hide contents

Think you're on the right track, but think it's going to be Mike who becomes the next host.   Max would be a high-impact choice, but also too obvious IMO.

Has there been any foreshadowing to that, or is it just a blind prediction?

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

Has there been any foreshadowing to that, or is it just a blind prediction?

Nothing obvious....wait, I realize I brain-cramped lol

Spoiler

Meant to say Will.   DOH!

The reason why I favor this is it started with Will, and like Max, he is the only survivor (I guess you can add Nancy, but unlike those 2, she wasn't in Vecna's thrall for very long, while we see residual connections with Max still in a coma, and Will can still actively "feel" Vecna).    The convenient part of this is it would eliminate the triangle between Mike - Will and Eleven - Mike.   Had Mike - Will on my mind when I posted, oops at the slip.  

Edited by Broncofan

I just finished. Have questions. 

Eddie’s death seemed pointless in the sense that I don’t get what it accomplished outside of it was the killing of a “main character”. Like why did he cut the rope? Go back? 

I don’t get why they went back to the prison?

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Eddie’s death seemed pointless in the sense that I don’t get what it accomplished outside of it was the killing of a “main character”. Like why did he cut the rope? Go back? 

How could they NOT kill him? He's the scape goat. Most of the town thinks the ground quaked because of his satanic rituals. He is the ONLY viable suspect for the Vecna murders. If he lives through this he is in deep deep hiding and the majority of what is expected to be a short season 5 is the gang helping to clear his name instead of focusing on the final bout with Vecna and the upside down. It was the right move to give the finale space to breath. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

How could they NOT kill him? He's the scape goat. Most of the town thinks the ground quaked because of his satanic rituals. He is the ONLY viable suspect for the Vecna murders. If he lives through this he is in deep deep hiding and the majority of what is expected to be a short season 5 is the gang helping to clear his name instead of focusing on the final bout with Vecna and the upside down. It was the right move to give the finale space to breath. 

Let me dig deeper. What was he trying to accomplish? It’s not that he died. It’s how he died. 

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I just finished. Have questions. 

I don’t get why they went back to the prison?

Because they deduced that if they weakened the monsters in the Russian prison, it would give the kids a better chance to defeat the big baddies back home.   I know, convenient...but it was laid out in the ep.

8 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Because they deduced that if they weakened the monsters in the Russian prison, it would give the kids a better chance to defeat the big baddies back home.   I know, convenient...but it was laid out in the ep.

I must have blown past it somehow. Seems silly. For some reason I read the plan as "travel through the wormhole to get back to Hawkins instantly to help" which is just as silly but makes more sense.

6 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

If he had jumped back down into the real world the bats wouldve just gone after Steve and the girls. 

I guess? I mean they were already FUBAR. I'm nitpicking, but it's the two things that bothered me in the episode at the end.

Great season otherwise. I look forward to the final showdown.