Stranger Thing Season 4

The Gnat

20 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I must have blown past it somehow. Seems silly. For some reason I read the plan as "travel through the wormhole to get back to Hawkins instantly to help" which is just as silly but makes more sense.

It was right at the start of 4.9, when Hopper & Joyce were together - then the US agent called back, and let them know about the kids being in trouble in Hawkins.   Hopper figured out that the particles in the prison were linked to the hive mind, and so destroying the particles would likely weaken the hive mind back in Hawkins.   That's when he convinced Yuri & Jaquen (I refuse to call him by another name) they needed to return to the prison.   It's only when they returned to the prison that they realized the particles re-entered the demons when the latter were revived. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

On 7/19/2022 at 7:54 AM, MikeT14 said:

I must have blown past it somehow. Seems silly. For some reason I read the plan as "travel through the wormhole to get back to Hawkins instantly to help" which is just as silly but makes more sense.

Remember this is a hive mind. Damage one part you damage the whole. So it makes complete sense in the world of stranger things.

As for Eddy they were a distraction to keep the bats away from Steve, Nancy, and Robin. He didn't know they were already getting strangled. His and Dustin's job was to keep the bats away from the trio so Vecna wouldn't know they were coming (again hive mind, if a bat sees them Vecna does too)

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Remember this is a hive mind. Damage one part you damage the whole. So it makes complete sense in the world of stranger things.

As for Eddy they were a distraction to keep the bats away from Steve, Nancy, and Robin. He didn't know they were already getting strangled. His and Dustin's job was to keep the bats away from the trio so Vecna would know they were coming (again hive mind, if a bat sees them Vecna does too)

That's a good sell. 

18 hours ago, mse326 said:

As for Eddy they were a distraction to keep the bats away from Steve, Nancy, and Robin. He didn't know they were already getting strangled. His and Dustin's job was to keep the bats away from the trio so Vecna wouldn't know they were coming (again hive mind, if a bat sees them Vecna does too)

That’s a good point. I thought it was odd that they stuck around once they had the bats’ attention already.

On 7/18/2022 at 8:43 PM, MikeT14 said:

Let me dig deeper. What was he trying to accomplish? It’s not that he died. It’s how he died. 

Seemed to me that he was concerned the bats would follow them back to the real world. He led them away so they wouldn't see the gateway. 

• Like 1

I was late to the party, never watched this show before but binged it over the past two weeks. Because of that I have all of the seasons fresh in my mind.  Here's some general thoughts: 

- In terms of season quality I'd say Season 1 was the best, followed by 4, then 3 then 2. 

- I thought the reveal of One being Vecna was very well done and I didn't see it coming at all. 

- Season 4 was better because the Vecna has a face and personality. The Mindflayer was a lame villain in comparison because its hard to relate to a swarming mass of dust. Still, I thought it was kind of lame they nerfed the Mindflayer into just being a machination by Vecna. I know it easily wraps up the Mindflayer storyline, and it gives the characters a defined way to win the war against the upside down once and for all, but I kind of liked the idea of this upside world having all kinds of nasties waiting to come through. 

- I read through this thread and was surprised to see so many people liking the Max character.  I'm not a fan of her at all. 

- I get that they had a lot of storytelling to wrap up, but couldn't they have just broken out Hopper in the premier and brought him home? He's one of the best characters of the show and sidelining him was a mistake imo. 

- I find it weird that in season 1 the main characters were basically the group of 4 boys, and now all of them are practically side characters. I get that its necessary to bring in new characters to open new storylines, but I don't think I've ever seen a show literally abandon its main characters like that. That being said, other than Dustin the other 3 are pretty boring.