The Duke's 2 Round Mock (no trades)

THE DUKE

On 4/15/2022 at 12:16 PM, CWood21 said:

This is really, really bad.  You're probably ~2 rounds too early on this guy, and you passed up on a guy the Packers would almost assuredly not pass.  Jermaine Johnson [EDGE; Florida State] or George Karlaftis [EDGE; Purdue] probably is the pick here.  If you want a darkhorse guy, Travis Jones [DT; UConn] would make more sense.

I'd prefer Treylon Burks [WR; Arkansas] or George Pickens [WR; Georgia] here instead if the Packers went WR.  Like Watson, but this is too early for me.

After going EDGE earlier, this seems more like an OL or DL pick here.  Maybe double-dip on WRs here.

I think I'd be hard pressed to pass on John Metchie [WR; Alabama] here.

You know i think i would be ok with double dipping for the Falcons in round 2 at edge with us passing on edge in round 1.   To me WR's are much easier to get in this and next years draft for us and i think Edge is a bigger problem for us as it sits to get correct. 

How about Falcons grab Bonitto and yall get Pierce just swap the picks for each other and call it a day.    So falcons go   Ekwonu, Bonitto, Williams  and then we can look in round 3 for a WR or 2 as their should still be a solid one there to grab for us. 

I understand drafting 4 defensive players for the Jets and I would secretly love it, they have spent all offseason trying to get a WR.  The main goal is Zach Wilson.  Unless they are trading 2023 picks for DK, Deebo or whoever, there has to be a WR in there.

I won't get into the Sauce debate because he's a stud, but no chance do I see them going Hamilton, especially after taking Sauce.  Joe Douglas has always emphasized the trenches and Saleh's defense relies on the DL which needs improvement.  Willams, Wilson or Jermaine Johnson at 10.

2 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I understand drafting 4 defensive players for the Jets and I would secretly love it, they have spent all offseason trying to get a WR.  The main goal is Zach Wilson.  Unless they are trading 2023 picks for DK, Deebo or whoever, there has to be a WR in there.

I won't get into the Sauce debate because he's a stud, but no chance do I see them going Hamilton, especially after taking Sauce.  Joe Douglas has always emphasized the trenches and Saleh's defense relies on the DL which needs improvement.  Willams, Wilson or Jermaine Johnson at 10.

I kept looking for offense each time they picked after Sauce, but the clear BPA skewed to who I took.

For the Falcons, great pick in the first. You're a little higher on Pierce than I am, but he does have a great fit and the team would love him. Williams likely isn't on the Falcons board because of off-field stuff, but I think the position is right. Falcons are higher on Myjai Sanders than most teams and could take him as early as 58.

• Like 1

Pretty bad for the Packers. Although OT is a premium position I can’t see them passing on Johnson or Karlaftis at 22 and OT isn’t really a 1st or 2nd round need.

Based on the type of WR the Packers like they would most likely take Burkes over Watson, I feel he also has a higher grade. 

Finally, unless they trade for a vet WR I hope they double dip at WR in the first two rounds.