Ace's final 7 RD 2022 mock draft

Washington trades #11 1st Rd pick & #189 6th Rd pick in 2022 to Detroit Lions for #32 1st Rd pick, #34 2nd Rd pick & #97 3rd Rd compensatory pick in 2022.

Washington

#11 1st Rd pick=1250

#189 6th Rd pick=14.2

Detroit 

#32 1st Rd pick=590

#34 2nd Rd pick=560

#97 3rd Rd pick=112

Lions select QB Malik Willis/Liberty in 1st Rd @#11.

Washington Commanders

1sr Rd/#32) --trade with lions--

Treylon Burks
ARK, Jr
WR 6-2 / 225

2nd Rd/#34) --trade with lions--

Trevor Penning
NOIOWA, Jr
OL

6-7 / 321

2nd Rd/#47) 

Devin Lloyd

UTAH, Jr

LB 6-3 / 237

3rd Rd/#97) --trade with lions-- 
Carson Strong
NEVADA, Jr
QB 6-3 / 226

4th Rd/#113) 

Smoke Monday
AUBURN, Sr
S 6-2 / 207

7th Rd/#230) 

Cole Turner
NEVADA, Sr
TE 6-6 / 246

7th Rd/#240) 
Brian Robinson Jr.
BAMA, Sr
RB 6-2 / 225

Edited by aceinthehouse

9 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Washington trades #11 1st Rd pick & #189 6th Rd pick in 2022 to Detroit Lions for #32 1st Rd pick, #34 2nd Rd pick & #97 3rd Rd compensatory pick in 2022.

Washington

#11 1st Rd pick=1250

#189 6th Rd pick=14.2

Detroit 

#32 1st Rd pick=590

#34 2nd Rd pick=560

#97 3rd Rd pick=112

Washington Commanders

Treylon Burks
ARK, Jr
WR 6-2 / 225

Trevor Penning
NOIOWA, Jr
OL

6-7 / 321

2nd Rd/#47) 

Devin Lloyd

UTAH, Jr

LB 6-3 / 237

Carson Strong
NEVADA, Jr
QB 6-3 / 226

4th Rd/#113) 

Smoke Monday
AUBURN, Sr
S 6-2 / 207

7th Rd/#230) 

Cole Turner
NEVADA, Sr
TE 6-6 / 246

7th Rd/#240) 
Brian Robinson Jr.
BAMA, Sr
RB 6-2 / 225

I’d hope we’d get a 1st next year for this trade bc this isn’t a great trade down. We’re moving back 21 spots & we only pick up add picks, a 2nd & 3rd in added draft capital?

Also, why are we throwing in our 6th? I feel we should be getting back a 5th in this trade & keeping our 6th.

Also, no way Devin Lloyd Falls to round 2. He’s a lock in the 1st round & will be the first Lb off the board possibly going top 15. 

My counter to the trade would be:

We need their 2023 1st. We need their 2022 5th & we keep the 6th.

Edited by turtle28

38 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’d hope we’d get a 1st next year for this trade bc this isn’t a great trade down. We’re moving back 21 spots & we only pick up add picks, a 2nd & 3rd in added draft capital?

Also, why are we throwing in our 6th? I feel we should be getting back a 5th in this trade & keeping our 6th.

Also, no way Devin Lloyd Falls to round 2. He’s a lock in the 1st round & will be the first Lb off the board possibly going top 15. 

My counter to the trade would be:

We need their 2023 1st. We need their 2022 5th & we keep the 6th.

In a normal top heavy draft, I would agree. That we would & should command more in draft capital on a trade down. Specially, when moving down 21 spots.

Unfortunately, this draft? I believe the price to move up will be cheaper, than in normal years.

But with 8 Teams in the draft with x2 1st Rd picks, I feel most of them will stay where they are. That leaves only 16 teams with only 1 /1st Rd pick. Cutting your trading partners in half.

Then, of those 16 teams? How many are going to want to trade up for a QB, or any player for that matter.  Not many...

The Lions are in an interesting spot.

They pick too high @#2, to take any QB & possibly too low @#32 to land QB Malik Willis.

Jared Goff sucks something awful & they definitely need to look for a future QB prospect. But his contract is ridiculous.

Willis gives them a cheap option for his replacement while he sits & learn. Possibly replacing Goff if his play is terrible as starter throughout the season. 

Washington needs to do something with only 6 draft picks with 2 of those picks in the top 100.

This trade would give them 4 in the top 100.

I actually expect Washington to do multiple trade downs this draft, but for mock purposes? I chose to just limit to the 1st Rd trade.

Edited by aceinthehouse

4 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

In a normal top heavy draft, I would agree. That we would & should command more in draft capital on a trade down. Specially, when moving down 21 spots.

Unfortunately, this draft? I believe the price to move up will be cheaper, than in normal years.

But with 8 Teams in the draft with x2 1st Rd picks, I feel most of them will stay where they are. That leaves only 16 teams with only 1 /1st Rd pick. Cutting your trading partners in half.

Then, of those 16 teams? How many are going to want to trade up for a QB, or any player for that matter.  Not many...

The Lions are in an interesting spot.

They pick too high @#2, to take any QB & possibly too low @#32 to land QB Malik Willis.

Jared Goff sucks something awful & they definitely need to look for a future QB prospect. But his contract is ridiculous.

Willis gives them a cheap option for his replacement while he sits & learn. Possibly replacing Goff if his play is terrible as starter throughout the season. 

Washington needs to do something with only 6 draft picks with 2 of those picks in the top 100.

This trade would give them 4 in the top 100.

I actually expect Washington to do multiple trade downs this draft, but for mock purposes? I chose to just limit to the 1st Rd trade.

Doesn’t matter, they’re trading for the chance to get near a top 10 pick & almost assured 2 starters who are 22 or younger out of this draft. That’s huge for them & their future!

If we aren’t getting more in this trade down, it’s a hard pass for me.

Goff is a super bowl attending QB, I wish we had a QB who sucked like that and had done that. If he hadn’t missed 3 games with an injury he would’ve thrown for 3900 yds again & 25 TDs which he does regularly. His stats don’t really portray what he was dealing with last year their WR corps was the worst in the NFL. Their #1 WR was a rookie 3rd round pick. 

If the Lions did this pick I’d take Thibodeaux at #2 & Wilson, London or Olave @ 11 to give Goff a #1 type target.

14 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Washington

#11 1st Rd pick=1250

#189 6th Rd pick=14.2

Detroit 

#32 1st Rd pick=590

#34 2nd Rd pick=560

#97 3rd Rd pick=112

Washington Commanders

Treylon Burks
ARK, Jr
WR 6-2 / 225

Trevor Penning
NOIOWA, Jr
OL

6-7 / 321

2nd Rd/#47) 

Devin Lloyd

UTAH, Jr

LB 6-3 / 237

Carson Strong
NEVADA, Jr
QB 6-3 / 226

4th Rd/#113) 

Smoke Monday
AUBURN, Sr
S 6-2 / 207

7th Rd/#230) 

Cole Turner
NEVADA, Sr
TE 6-6 / 246

7th Rd/#240) 
Brian Robinson Jr.
BAMA, Sr
RB 6-2 / 225

Not a fan of the trade down at all, honestly if the Lions want Willis they can take him at 2 or just trade back and pick up more picks on top of getting him a bit later. Just isn’t a realistic scenario IMO. Also I would want a lot more to drop 21 spots in the first round. If it was this years and next years first from the lions I would do that in a heartbeat bc I see them being a bottom 5 team again next year so that would put us in play for a top QB

both your 2nd round picks are going to be picked in the 2nd round. And I also think The 4th is too high for Smoke Monday, Brian Robinson will also be gone by the 7th

i applaud the attempt and creativity, but where you have players going and the trade just doesn’t seem realistic at all

• Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 10:30 AM, lavar703 said:

Sheesh man, that’s quite the drop for what you got in return. There’s no way that would happen. Nobody is dropping 20+ spots in the first round for a second and third. That’s highway robbery. 

Yeah, a trade close to this happened in 2019 and it was just from 10 to 20.

• Like 1

Going to play devil’s advocate here. Forget the chart or the history of draft trade downs. Just look at the players. 

You can have Chris Olave at pick 11 or you can have Jahan Dotson (or *insert late 1st player you like*) and Nakobe Dean (or *insert top of the 2nd player you like*) and Damarri Mathis (or *insert late 3rd player you like*). 

To me, when you stack it like that, it’s kinda hard to see Olave as a better asset than the trio of Dotson/Dean/Mathis. You don’t want to trade down from a top pick if you’re giving up blue-chip talent — but is there really going to be blue-chip talent at 11? In this draft? I’m not convinced there is. I like a lot of those guys…but I’d rather have 3 guys I like rather than 1 guy I like slightly more.

I’m fine with pushing to get more out of the deal based on the chart and the history. That’s just good negotiating. But when we’re talking about the reality of what we can do with 11 versus one of these late 1st pick combos (GB at 22 and 28, KC at 29 and 30, DET at 32 and 34), who do you feel so strongly about at 11 that you wouldn’t be willing to give them up?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

Going to play devil’s advocate here. Forget the chart or the history of draft trade downs. Just look at the players. 

You can have Chris Olave at pick 11 or you can have Jahan Dotson (or *insert late 1st player you like*) and Nakobe Dean (or *insert top of the 2nd player you like*) and Damarri Mathis (or *insert late 3rd player you like*). 

To me, when you stack it like that, it’s kinda hard to see Olave as a better asset than the trio of Dotson/Dean/Mathis. You don’t want to trade down from a top pick if you’re giving up blue-chip talent — but is there really going to be blue-chip talent at 11? In this draft? I’m not convinced there is. I like a lot of those guys…but I’d rather have 3 guys I like rather than 1 guy I like slightly more.

I’m fine with pushing to get more out of the deal based on the chart and the history. That’s just good negotiating. But when we’re talking about the reality of what we can do with 11 versus one of these late 1st pick combos (GB at 22 and 28, KC at 29 and 30, DET at 32 and 34), who do you feel so strongly about at 11 that you wouldn’t be willing to give them up?

That's what I've been thinking & saying this whole time, bball.

Thank you for putting it in this post.

It's why I've been advocating on us trading down, no matter who is on the board.

There's no player at #11 I would rather have, than having 2 picks in the 1st Rd, or more.

Or multiple picks on day 1 & 2 of the draft.  Even if the value doesn't blow me away on a trade down @11.

On 4/20/2022 at 12:39 PM, aceinthehouse said:

It's why I've been advocating on us trading down, no matter who is on the board.

There's no player at #11 I would rather have, than having 2 picks in the 1st Rd, or more.

Or multiple picks on day 1 & 2 of the draft.  Even if the value doesn't blow me away on a trade down @11.

In order for us to trade down there obviously has to be a team who wants to trade up. The only teams I see wanting to do that are those who need a QB or OT. So, like the ones that E listed like New Orleans to get an OT or QB or Pitt who could use an OT or QB as well.