BG82 Final Mock 2 round Mock

BillsGuy82

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

You'll be happy you passed on a QB this year. I dont go off "other peoples mocks" I actually did this on PFF and transferred it to here.

Again you make a good point. Mariota isn't the long term answer, everyone knows that. Some team will gamble on Willis. I dont think itll be Atlanta. 

Truth be told the Falcons are trash with holes all over. I think they take a WR. Jermaine Johnson had consideration. Malik Willis did not. 

I don’t see how WR is considered a bigger hole than EDGe or QB when the roster spots for those aren’t great either. You’re forcing a WR. I’ll leave it at that. 

26 minutes ago, iloxygenil said:

Love the second round for the Falcons. Put Johnson II there in round 1 and I’d be loving it!

I don’t see why people think they need to waste a pick on a running back when they don’t have the lines settled. I’d rather see a guard or DL there. 

3 minutes ago, swoosh said:

QB aside for a second because I have no idea what the Falcons are thinking there, I think WR at 8 is a possibility. Most fans will hate it, but that doesn't mean it's not an option. And don't get me wrong, I see why fans don't want a WR after years of having elite WR's but continuing to fall short. I get it, I really do. At 8 though, unless someone unexpectedly falls, the options are rather limited. You could be looking at your choice of WR, Johnson, Stingley, and Hamilton as the best available players in that range. 

If they like Johnson, that makes a lot of sense. Good value and hits the biggest need. With that being said, Johnson seems to be hit or miss with some people. We have no idea if he's high on the Falcons board or not. And just like WR, DE is deep.

I could see them falling in love with someone like Jameson Williams or Drake London, and having one of those guys higher on their board than Johnson. I do agree though, I personally wouldn't bet on Wilson. Just a gut read from me, but if they take a WR at 8 I think it'll be Williams or London who each bring their own unique elite traits. For example, if you think London is the next Mike Evans, you grab him at 8. 

Ultimately, we're all just guessing here based on the limited information we have. Wilson at 8 confirmed. 

London or Williams are maybes. If they trade down to like 13-20. But I don’t see one at 8. They really love Jermaine Johnson. 

2 minutes ago, scar988 said:

London or Williams are maybes. If they trade down to like 13-20. But I don’t see one at 8. They really love Jermaine Johnson. 

Johnson does make the most sense if they're high on him. I really need to watch more of him. I wasn't blown away on the first look, but it wasn't thorough by any means.

31 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I don’t see why people think they need to waste a pick on a running back when they don’t have the lines settled. I’d rather see a guard or DL there. 

Because when you can get the best RB in the draft and your offense largely runs from play action you take him that far down. Easily BPA imo and while yes I would love to see a Guard brought in, every guard in this class is an upgrade from Mayfield, so that can be addressed later. There isn’t however another back like Walker. 

28 minutes ago, swoosh said:

Johnson does make the most sense if they're high on him. I really need to watch more of him. I wasn't blown away on the first look, but it wasn't thorough by any means.

Well, there’s not a lot of tape and that’s the problem. What you will see is an elite edge setter who does something most veterans don’t do, he keeps his eyes up in the backfield and doesn’t give up on the play. He’s definitely got pass rush traits you want and put up some numbers, I believe he might be best as a 4-3 end but he may also be able to be that SOLB who can really impact the whole play. 

I liked it better when he was a 2nd round pick, but I would not be shocked at all with him at 8 now 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, iloxygenil said:

Because when you can get the best RB in the draft and your offense largely runs from play action you take him that far down. Easily BPA imo and while yes I would love to see a Guard brought in, every guard in this class is an upgrade from Mayfield, so that can be addressed later. There isn’t however another back like Walker. 

But when you don’t have the line to really help that RB, it’s not worth it. You have 3 bridge RBs in Williams, Davis and Patterson who’d be fine for this year. Get the RB when the roster is built out more. 

2 minutes ago, iloxygenil said:

Well, there’s not a lot of tape and that’s the problem. What you will see is an elite edge setter who does something most veterans don’t do, he keeps his eyes up in the backfield and doesn’t give up on the play. He’s definitely got pass rush traits you want and put up some numbers, I believe he might be best as a 4-3 end but he may also be able to be that SOLB who can really impact the whole play. 

I liked it better when he was a 2nd round pick, but I would not be shocked at all with him at 8 now 

Great analysis. That's what I saw at first look too. Really good edge setter who clearly takes pride in stopping the run. I just don't see the burst off the line that I would like to see out of a top 10 pick. He seems more like a complimentary piece than "the guy". With his skillset though, his floor is probably higher than most because of the value he brings as an edge setter. I watched his interview with Chris Simms and loved the way he presented himself. Cool story. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, scar988 said:

But when you don’t have the line to really help that RB, it’s not worth it. You have 3 bridge RBs in Williams, Davis and Patterson who’d be fine for this year. Get the RB when the roster is built out more. 

That's an opinion for sure, and no one is saying that you can't both build out the roster AND get the RB. You're assuming you cannot draft a lineman later in the draft that is going to improve your roster and that's the fallacy.

Just now, iloxygenil said:

That's an opinion for sure, and no one is saying that you can't both build out the roster AND get the RB. You're assuming you cannot draft a lineman later in the draft that is going to improve your roster and that's the fallacy.

I’m just saying that RBs are good for 1 contract really. So why worry about a RB until the rest of the team is built. 

45 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I don’t see how WR is considered a bigger hole than EDGe or QB when the roster spots for those aren’t great either. You’re forcing a WR. I’ll leave it at that. 

WR is a need as well, you have so many needs. I have Wilson as a higher rated prospect then Jermaine Johnson and Karlaftis. I like Johnson, Wilson is my top rated WR. I dont think your OL is awful. 

You made your point on what you would do. 

Just now, scar988 said:

I’m just saying that RBs are good for 1 contract really. So why worry about a RB until the rest of the team is built. 

I hear ya, but if I'm always waiting for the team to be ready for a RB, by the time I get the RB it might be too late. Just give me the best player on the board at every pick if possible. If there's a clump then try to match need to best player, in this case I think Walker is a top 25 player in this draft and you're getting him in the 50s I would feel very good about that pick. I see the point you're making of not wanting to get a RB then by the time his contract is up needing another one. But what if you hit on Walker and he makes your OL look even better because he can work through a tighter hole and he breaks a couple of big runs which loosens up the coverage a little on your best player? 

For me, I feel like it's more important for the Falcons to start putting check marks on the board instead of question marks. I would rather take a safer pick with a slightly lower ceiling than reaching for a need.

2 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

WR is a need as well, you have so many needs. I have Wilson as a higher rated prospect then Jermaine Johnson and Karlaftis. I like Johnson, Wilson is my top rated WR. I dont think your OL is awful. 

👀

What? Did you see the Falcons play last year? We would have been better off without a LG on the field, at least then the offense would have compensated instead of trusting him to do something. Our RT really just can't stand up as a tackle, we have 2 above average pieces even "good" pieces 1 that might be okay, 1 that is in need of an upgrade and 1 that was literally the worst in NFL history.

25 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

For what the falcons like at WR, Wilson would be like WR5. Not WR1. which is a big reason why Wilson won’t be the pick. Maybe WR is, but London and Williams aren’t really worth No. 8 for certain reasons either. The best fit for Atlanta available is the top rated EDGE, the top rated OL, Willis or Hamilton. 

The OL is bad. Especially at LG and RT. But they do have some talent at C, RG and LT. But you need at least 5 average or better OL to have a good line in the NFL. 

25 minutes ago, iloxygenil said:

I hear ya, but if I'm always waiting for the team to be ready for a RB, by the time I get the RB it might be too late. Just give me the best player on the board at every pick if possible. If there's a clump then try to match need to best player, in this case I think Walker is a top 25 player in this draft and you're getting him in the 50s I would feel very good about that pick. I see the point you're making of not wanting to get a RB then by the time his contract is up needing another one. But what if you hit on Walker and he makes your OL look even better because he can work through a tighter hole and he breaks a couple of big runs which loosens up the coverage a little on your best player? 

For me, I feel like it's more important for the Falcons to start putting check marks on the board instead of question marks. I would rather take a safer pick with a slightly lower ceiling than reaching for a need.

I can get that. I’m also not nearly as high as you are on Walker. I think they have what they need to make it through this year though. Bring in a RB in the draft in 2023. 

LOL good lord the falcon fans are in all out discussion mode in your mock thread XD.  Theirs only a few of us but were a handful :D  

As for the draft im not the biggest fan of it and i'll always hate the WR at 8 pick even though it is a possiblity.   I don't believe in taking WR's in the top 15 because their not worth the pick.  WR doesn't help the team win enough for me to take that position that high.   That and i don't think theirs a WR in this class worthy of a
top 15 pick.  When i have Olave, Pickens, Jameson, and Watson as my top 3 WR's and all  of them are considered by most to be late 1st to early 2nd round picks that lets me know i don't need to target it at 8.   

I also don't think we really need a safety that much in the 2nd round as the only safety i personally would target if other players were gone is hamilton and thats only because i think he might be Best player in the draft.  I could see him as generational talent and i don't pass on that usually unless other elite players are there at that same spot at more important needs like O-line and D-line. 

As for the RB i don't hate the pick but i wouldn't take one that early unless i already had a O-lineman or D-lineman in the bag in the 1st 2 rounds.  RB to me is a dime a dozen just like WR and can be had with good talent later.   A good line can make either one of those positions look really good with the right QB and time to throw and a line to make a hole for the RB.

Now based on who was available at each pick in your mock this is what i would have went with based on my rankings and which positions i view as more important for us to fix.

1st - Hamilton - S - best player in the draft possibly could be generational this is if Fontenot picks BPA like he says he does.

1st - Alternate Pick - Jermaine Johnson - This would be my choice here as he to me is my #3 Edge Rusher and a true top 10 pick at HANDS DOWN out biggest position of need with the least amount of talent there.

2a - George Pickens  - WR - One of my top 3 WR's in this class and also a bit of a need.

2B - Nick Bonitto - Edge - I have a 1st round grade on Bonito and he is my 5th favorite edge rusher in this class behind only  Hutch, Thibs, Johnson, and maybe Walker.  I view Bonitto and Walker really close to each other.

Now let me make my case for why Edge is needed more than WR.    At WR we have Pitts, Tate, Oz, Byrd, Hodge, and Darby.  Heck we might even keep Ridley next year as well you never know.    Atleast 4 of those guys have went over 500+ years and a few TD's.   I would put that similar to a 5 sacks guy or so nothing great but workable and solid.

Edge Rusher we have Lorenzo Carter who has 4 to 5 sacks a year a few times.    The rest of our entire edge rushing department doesn't have 5 SACKS TOTAL BETWEEN THEM FOR THEIR CAREERS.

Last year the 2nd worst team in the league in sacks finished with 29  we were more than double digit sacks behind them in 32 with 18.    Their was multiple people in the league with more sacks by themselves than our entire team lol.   We were historically bad at Edge Rush and atleast WR does have some capable guys where as Edge only has 1 in Carter and even he isn't that good.

So to me i think you should go double dip at Edge in Johnson and Bonitto to 1st round guys and then grab a WR in the 2nd thats similar talent to guys people have in the 1st.

Hope this made some sense and made a good point coming across and trying not to be negative about your mock but more so trying to make more sense on why i think it would be smarter to go the route i said.

38 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

LOL good lord the falcon fans are in all out discussion mode in your mock thread XD.  Theirs only a few of us but were a handful :D  

As for the draft im not the biggest fan of it and i'll always hate the WR at 8 pick even though it is a possiblity.   I don't believe in taking WR's in the top 15 because their not worth the pick.  WR doesn't help the team win enough for me to take that position that high.   That and i don't think theirs a WR in this class worthy of a
top 15 pick.  When i have Olave, Pickens, Jameson, and Watson as my top 3 WR's and all  of them are considered by most to be late 1st to early 2nd round picks that lets me know i don't need to target it at 8.   

I also don't think we really need a safety that much in the 2nd round as the only safety i personally would target if other players were gone is hamilton and thats only because i think he might be Best player in the draft.  I could see him as generational talent and i don't pass on that usually unless other elite players are there at that same spot at more important needs like O-line and D-line. 

As for the RB i don't hate the pick but i wouldn't take one that early unless i already had a O-lineman or D-lineman in the bag in the 1st 2 rounds.  RB to me is a dime a dozen just like WR and can be had with good talent later.   A good line can make either one of those positions look really good with the right QB and time to throw and a line to make a hole for the RB.

Now based on who was available at each pick in your mock this is what i would have went with based on my rankings and which positions i view as more important for us to fix.

1st - Hamilton - S - best player in the draft possibly could be generational this is if Fontenot picks BPA like he says he does.

1st - Alternate Pick - Jermaine Johnson - This would be my choice here as he to me is my #3 Edge Rusher and a true top 10 pick at HANDS DOWN out biggest position of need with the least amount of talent there.

2a - George Pickens  - WR - One of my top 3 WR's in this class and also a bit of a need.

2B - Nick Bonitto - Edge - I have a 1st round grade on Bonito and he is my 5th favorite edge rusher in this class behind only  Hutch, Thibs, Johnson, and maybe Walker.  I view Bonitto and Walker really close to each other.

Now let me make my case for why Edge is needed more than WR.    At WR we have Pitts, Tate, Oz, Byrd, Hodge, and Darby.  Heck we might even keep Ridley next year as well you never know.    Atleast 4 of those guys have went over 500+ years and a few TD's.   I would put that similar to a 5 sacks guy or so nothing great but workable and solid.

Edge Rusher we have Lorenzo Carter who has 4 to 5 sacks a year a few times.    The rest of our entire edge rushing department doesn't have 5 SACKS TOTAL BETWEEN THEM FOR THEIR CAREERS.

Last year the 2nd worst team in the league in sacks finished with 29  we were more than double digit sacks behind them in 32 with 18.    Their was multiple people in the league with more sacks by themselves than our entire team lol.   We were historically bad at Edge Rush and atleast WR does have some capable guys where as Edge only has 1 in Carter and even he isn't that good.

So to me i think you should go double dip at Edge in Johnson and Bonitto to 1st round guys and then grab a WR in the 2nd thats similar talent to guys people have in the 1st.

Hope this made some sense and made a good point coming across and trying not to be negative about your mock but more so trying to make more sense on why i think it would be smarter to go the route i said.

I considered Jermaine Johnson and Kyle Hamilton, it all makes sense. Well see what happens draft day

And It's all good, the point of the mock is to discùss. The other guy made good points. With so many needs and not reaching for Willis, Stingley, Hamilton and Wilson were my BPAs leading up to that pick.

As for Willis, I think he'll be closer to Tyrod Taylor and Kordell Stewart for dual threat QB then Mike Vick or Lamar Jackson. What a bad year to be in your QB situation