Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS)

bucsfan333

Personally, I think we like McBride as a 2nd rounder, but it's not likely that he's there at 60. Depending on how the board looks at 27, it wouldn't shock me at all if we pull the trigger on him there just to ensure we get him. Ideally, we'd trade down into the early 2nd to nab him, but it's whatever at this point. 

PR also didn't completely rule out taking a swing on Ojabo at 27. Said that he's "top 10-15" on our board. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Personally, I think we like McBride as a 2nd rounder, but it's not likely that he's there at 60. Depending on how the board looks at 27, it wouldn't shock me at all if we pull the trigger on him there just to ensure we get him. Ideally, we'd trade down into the early 2nd to nab him, but it's whatever at this point. 

PR also didn't completely rule out taking a swing on Ojabo at 27. Said that he's "top 10-15" on our board. 

With Ojabo, I do wonder how Licht views a non contact injury.  I guess it might depend how severe the achilles injury.  

4 minutes ago, indifference said:

Lord I hope we learned a lesson and not draft a TE r1. Trade back into the second and im fine with that though

I have to admit, it would be very meh for me to go TE in the 1st rd.  I would rather take a chance on Ojabo. 

Hate to give props to @bucsfan333, but Cine is a real possibility.  Jets drafted Adams and Mayes back to back.  Is Winfield's partner on the roster? Debatable.  Good chance Hamilton will be the only safety off the board when the Bucs are on the clock.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I have to admit, it would be very meh for me to go TE in the 1st rd.  I would rather take a chance on Ojabo. 

Hate to give props to @bucsfan333, but Cine is a real possibility.  Jets drafted Adams and Mayes back to back.  Is Winfield's partner on the roster? Debatable.  Good chance Hamilton will be the only safety off the board when the Bucs are on the clock.

Not a fan. We have Ryan, Edwards, Winfield, and Neal getting safety reps this year. Cine would not get much burn unless someone got hurt. Yes only 1 is the long term starter but Bucs are trying to win games right now and not years from now. To me I think we’ll go BPA between Guard, DT, or CB. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, indifference said:

Not a fan. We have Ryan, Edwards, Winfield, and Neal getting safety reps this year. Cine would not get much burn unless someone got hurt. Yes only 1 is the long term starter but Bucs are trying to win games right now and not years from now. To me I think we’ll go BPA between Guard, DT, or CB. 

I'm not convinced Neal is viewed that highly.  Now on his 3rd team and signed for relatively cheap.  Could he live up to the hype when ATL drafted him?  Possible.  Edwards will be a UFA and Bowles has not trusted him to be a starter for 3 yrs.  Ryan could be just the slot CB.  Again speculation on my part, but Cine checks a lot of boxes for a Bowles safety.

Agree, I have a feeling the plan is for Ryan to play slot.  He'll compete with SMB and if(when) an outside guy goes down SMB moves outside and Ryan plays slot. If thats the case a safety becomes a need.

Neal is on a prove it contract I don't think he's being penicled in as a starter. And Edwards doesn't really fit that SS role. Seems more likely he'll stay in his part time role and Neal will compete with a rookie for SS. As much as I don't want a safety in the first I do think Cine would be a great fit on a Bowles defense. 

I wish we had more picks...  I guess my draft hope is that Jordan Davis falls but if not I'm really hoping for a trade down at this point. Somehow get Logan Hall and Cine as well as a TE, RB and WR 4th round or higher would be ideal

Edited by SBucfan
  • Like 1

I think people are underestimating Neal because he signed for peanuts. He is EXACTLY the same type of player Whitehead is except he is bigger in size. Just because he isnt a high priced player doesnt mean Bowles he is here to be a special team guy and rotate in. This secondary has a weakness and safety isnt one em. Whitehead was really only on the field for running situations anyway…A part time player. The pairing of Neal and Edwards together indicates Bowles will run that 3 man rotation. If Cine is the pick then Neal pickup isnt justified/make any sense. We’ll see tomorrow at 27.

If Bucs seriously want to improve defensively they’ll add a CB or DT or OLB before a S.

Edited by indifference