Week 10 GDT - Saints @ Bills, 1pm EST on FOX

whodatworm23

51 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

This will sound really really weird - do you guys ever see Brees as a backup so he can also coach? Remember Brunell? He was a solid backup that if needed, could come in and perform, but likely never would. He played a part on the sidelines.

I know that sounds way beneath Brees, but if he can't play a whole season, perhaps he could fill the coach role, yet still be a backup if there were an injury.

I really don't know if Brees would be a good coach, I mean, he seems to be happy go lucky all the damn time.  I can't see him getting mad at somebody.

And I think he would not be a good color commentator like Romo.  He maybe could work on one of the pregame shows or something though.

Of course, I don't know Brees personally and could be 100% wrong.

1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:

I thought he wanted records, but he seems to have no problem handing the ball off all game and throwing zero TDs.  Maybe he realizes we really have a shot this time, and he would rather another ring.  If we still sucked garbage, maybe he would just mail it in and throw anyway.

Brees realizes he will own many stat records that will ultimately be broken anyways but a 2nd superbowl ring puts him in another class.

12 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

I thought he wanted records, but he seems to have no problem handing the ball off all game and throwing zero TDs.  Maybe he realizes we really have a shot this time, and he would rather another ring.  If we still sucked garbage, maybe he would just mail it in and throw anyway.

This seems to me like he wants to be a team player, and understands that finally, after 4 years of absolute hell, he has a chance to win without all the pressure on HIM.

Can you imagine how this must feel? Not just for Brees, but for the team?

Brees - has a great running game with a dynamic new rookie running for 8 yards a pop, and a receiving stable who's finally gelling.
Running backs - if they hit a slump, there's always Brees, right?
Offense as a whole - We got this, and if we don't the Defense will help carry us, and give us time to rest.

Jordan - Finally has a secondary that is allowing him time to do his job for more than 1.6 seconds.
Secondary - Feeling at the top of the world, and unstoppable.
Defense as a whole - We got this, and if we don't the Offense will help carry us, and give us time to rest.

This team is legit!!

50 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

This seems to me like he wants to be a team player, and understands that finally, after 4 years of absolute hell, he has a chance to win without all the pressure on HIM.

Can you imagine how this must feel? Not just for Brees, but for the team?

Brees - has a great running game with a dynamic new rookie running for 8 yards a pop, and a receiving stable who's finally gelling.
Running backs - if they hit a slump, there's always Brees, right?
Offense as a whole - We got this, and if we don't the Defense will help carry us, and give us time to rest.

Jordan - Finally has a secondary that is allowing him time to do his job for more than 1.6 seconds.
Secondary - Feeling at the top of the world, and unstoppable.
Defense as a whole - We got this, and if we don't the Offense will help carry us, and give us time to rest.

This team is legit!!

HC/Playcaller - Pass or Run, Inny Meeny Miney Moe??? SOMEONE GIVE ME A DARN JUICY FRUIT!!!

lol

3 hours ago, SSK said:

HC/Playcaller - Pass or Run, Inny Meeny Miney Moe??? SOMEONE GIVE ME A DARN JUICY FRUIT!!!

lol

Pretty much. I can be the OC for this team...doesn’t take much skill when Armstead is launching defenders into the air and Peat/Warford are absolutely mauling DTs and LBs. It’s almost unfair. Then you thrown in Ingram and Kamara who almost never go down on first contact...game over. If this OL stays intact, we may not lose another game this year...they are that dominant...it’s like poetry in motion. 

3 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Pretty much. I can be the OC for this team...doesn’t take much skill when Armstead is launching defenders into the air and Peat/Warford are absolutely mauling DTs and LBs. It’s almost unfair. Then you thrown in Ingram and Kamara who almost never go down on first contact...game over. If this OL stays intact, we may not lose another game this year... they are that dominant...it’s like poetry in motion. 

I'd pump the breaks on this one... Look were a good team thats getting better but were by no means a dominate team and while some believe us to be so I cant get onboard with that yet.

Health will determine alot reguarding this team moving fwd. Also, the Eagles, Rams, Vikings and even the Panthers are ALL NFC championship worthy in my opinion. I also recognize thr fact that Kirk Cousins may very well be the best QB our defense has faced in the last 6 weeks. 

Im not trying to poo poo what were doing but lets keep things in perspective. The next couple weeks has us facing Cousins and Goff, 2 NFC teams fully capable of beating us. Then we get into the heart of the NFC South divisional run... We have a long way to go.

2 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

I'd pump the breaks on this one... Look were a good team thats getting better but were by no means a dominate team and while some believe us to be so I cant get onboard with that yet.

Of course you would. You always do ;)

5 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Of course you would. You always do ;)

Acknowledging were a good team is very different from saying we will or could run the table... 

Can we, sure but there are still flaws in this roster. I also want to see how our rookies play down the stretch. There is such a thing as the rookie wall, maybe it affects some of our guys and maybe it dosent but its a concern when you have such a young team. I think Payton is doing a great job keeping them focused but they are human. Also lets hope we remain healthy down the stretch. Thats all im saying... Im just as excited as anyone over this clubs potential but im not putting the cart before the horse just yet.

Cousins will give us a good idea of where the pass defense is headed. I don't expect them to keep every QB under 200 yards. Their passing game isnt great on the road so for this season. 

The Rams thrive on big plays which the Saints havent allowed since the win streak started. That has to continue in this game. 

I wouldnt say we're unbeatable but I like our chances in most games outside the division. Division games bring out a different animal in teams. 

On 11/15/2017 at 12:08 PM, whodatworm23 said:

Health will determine alot reguarding this team moving fwd. Also, the Eagles, Rams, Vikings and even the Panthers are ALL NFC championship worthy in my opinion. I also recognize thr fact that Kirk Cousins may very well be the best QB our defense has faced in the last 6 weeks. 

Im not trying to poo poo what were doing but lets keep things in perspective. The next couple weeks has us facing Cousins and Goff, 2 NFC teams fully capable of beating us. Then we get into the heart of the NFC South divisional run... We have a long way to go.

I agree with this, let's keep things realistic.  The truth is, we haven't beaten the best teams in the league yet.  We can all enjoy this win streak and have high expectations for this team, but all this talk of "best in the league" and "running the table" is just fantasy right now.  

15 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I agree with this, let's keep things realistic.  The truth is, we haven't beaten the best teams in the league yet.  We can all enjoy this win streak and have high expectations for this team, but all this talk of "best in the league" and "running the table" is just fantasy right now.  

Exactly... The NFC is so stout right now but I did have a dream that we beat the Steelers in the SB. Lol

Just now, whodatworm23 said:

Exactly... The NFC is so stout right now but I did have a dream that we beat the Steelers in the SB. Lol

My personal preference would be to beat the Patriots...in a blowout.  But we all know that won't happen.

2 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Just want to point out that it wasn't a Saints fan that made the "best in the league" thread.

11 minutes ago, Raves said:

Just want to point out that it wasn't a Saints fan that made the "best in the league" thread.

I know, but there have been some Saints fans building us up as some unstoppable juggernaut, and I just don't think that's the case, or at least not yet.  We haven't beaten the best teams in the league yet, and we've had some really close calls against some bad teams.  If we play like we did against the Bills, we can beat anybody, but I just think it's unrealistic to expect us to perform that well against everyone.  Almost everyone(including me) probably overrated the Bills to be honest.  The Panthers were a good win, but Cam was awful that game.  Same with Lions and Stafford.  

There are still exploitable holes on this team, we can give up a big play here and there, our LBs are a noticeable weak spot, our stud LT Armstead gets hurt every other game, our RBs have been fumbling too often, Brees still has a noodle arm and everyone knows he's fully capable of throwing picks when he wants to.

That being said, the Bills game was one of the most impressive displays I've ever seen in the NFL, and my jaw was on the floor pretty much the whole game.  But I still gotta see more.  I need to see how this defense reacts to a QB like Cousins, and an elite, explosive offense like the Rams.  

Archived