Week 10 GDT - Saints @ Bills, 1pm EST on FOX

whodatworm23

For the record, that 10 play, 94 yard, all run TD drive may be the most impressive drive I have ever seen by the Saints. Ever. If you are a defender, how to you come back to the field with any sense of pride? The Saints mercilessly moved the ball at will. I mean, that looked flat out humiliating for the D out there. Saints had me feeling like this by the 4th.

1 hour ago, NS922 said:

I wouldn't say that yet, however when you look at the other contenders, they don't have anything we don't. You could say the Saints still need to prove themselves, and we haven't had a tough schedule, but the Eagles are a young team that weren't very successful the past few years, same with the Vikings and same with the Rams. So they need to prove themselves too. On the AFC side, the Steelers and Chiefs have been inconsistent and while you can never count the Patriots out, they have had some problems on defense. So while I wouldn't say just yet that we have the best team, I wouldn't say for sure that we don't. What we're doing is unprecedented for our franchise and our new formula is very solid.

I don't think anyone can say that. We have had a very tough schedule so far. Below is the records of all our opponents so far this season. In parentheses is their records playing against other teams not including playing us.

Vikings 7-2 (6-2)

Patriots 7-2 (6-2)

Panthers 6-3 (6-2)

Dolphins 4-4 (4-3)

Packers 5-4 (5-3)

Lions 5-4 (5-3)

Bears 3-6 (3-5)

Buccaneers 3-6 (3-5)

Bills 5-4 (5-3)

Season total 45-35

Season total (43-25)

As you can see our opponents season record is well above .500, and even more impressive when you factor how the teams we have played have done against other teams in the NFL that don't include the result of our games against them. Either way 7 out of 9 opponents have had a .500 or better record this season. That shows that we have had a very tough schedule.

4 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I don't think anyone can say that. We have had a very tough schedule so far. Below is the records of all our opponents so far this season. In parentheses is their records playing against other teams not including playing us.

Vikings 7-2 (6-2)

Patriots 7-2 (6-2)

Panthers 6-3 (6-2)

Dolphins 4-4 (4-3)

Packers 5-4 (5-3)

Lions 5-4 (5-3)

Bears 3-6 (3-5)

Buccaneers 3-6 (3-5)

Bills 5-4 (5-3)

Season total 45-35

Season total (43-25)

As you can see our opponents season record is well above .500, and even more impressive when you factor how the teams we have played have done against other teams in the NFL that don't include the result of our games against them. Either way 7 out of 9 opponents have had a .500 or better record this season. That shows that we have had a very tough schedule.

Some really bad offenses though.

Just now, tyler735 said:

Some really great defenses though. The fact remains, we have had a very tough schedule, with many of the best teams in the NFL, and have come out on top 7 times in a row.

We've played some good teams, but got smacked by the two best teams we played, and played Green Bay without Rodgers.  

I'm not saying what we've done hasn't been impressive, it has, but I think our tougher games are ahead of us and maybe we come back down to Earth.  I have a feeling Falcons will get their act together by the time we play them twice.  I said 10-6 before the season, now I'm thinking 11-5.  Of course I would prefer 14-2.

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

WELP. HAHAHAHAHA

He's a really solid player when healthy. If you get a fluke season where he's healthy he's a really solid all around backer.  Our defense was significantly better when he was on the field with us, it just got to the point we couldn't keep paying him to be hurt.

However, I think healthy Ellerbe is a myth.

2 hours ago, NS922 said:

I wouldn't say that yet, however when you look at the other contenders, they don't have anything we don't. You could say the Saints still need to prove themselves, and we haven't had a tough schedule, but the Eagles are a young team that weren't very successful the past few years, same with the Vikings and same with the Rams. So they need to prove themselves too. On the AFC side, the Steelers and Chiefs have been inconsistent and while you can never count the Patriots out, they have had some problems on defense. So while I wouldn't say just yet that we have the best team, I wouldn't say for sure that we don't. What we're doing is unprecedented for our franchise and our new formula is very solid.

You're no longer my favorite. 

When a team is playing as solid as this team is, EVERYONE wants to play their best on every play as to not let anyone down, on either side of the ball. So important! 

We often see a good offense with a bad defense, and vice versa. The bad side will drag down the good side. 

These Saints are pushing each side up and up, and getting stronger and better each week. Did you see KamaKamara running to congratulate Rankin on his Int? That's support of both sides on both sides. 

I'm stoaked!

45 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

We've played some good teams, but got smacked by the two best teams we played, and played Green Bay without Rodgers.  

I'm not saying what we've done hasn't been impressive, it has, but I think our tougher games are ahead of us and maybe we come back down to Earth.  I have a feeling Falcons will get their act together by the time we play them twice.  I said 10-6 before the season, now I'm thinking 11-5.  Of course I would prefer 14-2.

We got beat against 2 great teams in our first 2 games. We have a ton of different players making impacts from those first 2 games.

If I'm not mistaken Armstead was out, Unger was coming back from injury and getting healthy, Ramcyzk/Peat were getting moved all over. Basically our OL has completely shifted and had a chance to grow together into a great unit since the beginning of the year.

Alvin Kamara has become a force.

Marshon Lattimore/Ken Crawley have become a lethal duo. Vaccaro has been able to play in a role that suits his abilities. No Harris at CB.

Our Dline has become much better as well since the first 2 games.

Basically what I'm getting at is we have improved and I could easily make excuses as to why we lost 2 games much like the excuses you've made regarding the beating the Packers at Lambeau (one of the toughest places to win in the NFL) without Rodgers. Or playing teams without great offenses. In the grand scheme of things there is no other way to put it then we have been excellent this season and are certainly in the convo for best in the NFL right now

Archived