Round 1 Pick 22; Quay Walker, LB Georgia

Packerraymond

On 9/6/2023 at 6:25 AM, Old Guy said:

I always want to see kids get their **** together. 

I do too but so far, he doesn’t come off as a kid who has anywhere near earned it.

I just couldn’t lie like he did after what happened to a couple of friends I have. I’d feel crushed and probably never get over it.

I mean, his actions contributed to the death of friends and teammates, not some strangers. Feel like that makes it even worse. 

Edited by MantyWrestler

1 hour ago, MantyWrestler said:

I do too but so far, he doesn’t come off as a kid who has anywhere near earned it.

I just couldn’t lie like he did after what happened to a couple of friends I have. I’d feel crushed and probably never get over it.

I mean, his actions contributed to the death of friends and teammates, not some strangers. Feel like that makes it even worse. 

I'm not condoning his actions, especially in the aftermath. Young 20 somethings race car and do a lot of stupid **** because they think they are bullet proof. 

I get how you feel based on what happen to a few of your friends. You are right, not something you ever get over. 

I'm going to keep on hoping kids who screw up get their **** together and become better people. 

18 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I'm not condoning his actions, especially in the aftermath. Young 20 somethings race car and do a lot of stupid **** because they think they are bullet proof. 

I get how you feel based on what happen to a few of your friends. You are right, not something you ever get over. 

I'm going to keep on hoping kids who screw up get their **** together and become better people. 

Fair enough. He’s not on my Christmas card list.