2022 draft day 2 let’s go!

LoganF89

Just now, turtle28 said:

NFL.com projects him to eventually be a starter. I think we just drafted Payne’s replacement. The question becomes will we trade Payne this off-season or next or will we franchise him twice and get the 3rd round comp pick like we stupidly did with Kirk & Scherff.

We should have traded him BEFORE we drafted his replacement. We really ruined any leverage we had this draft. He will undoubtedly go for 2023 draft value or player for player At some point.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I think its better keeping him and hoping he blows up this year and nets us a 3rd round comp pick next year...

Comp picks are only awarded if we don't sign anyone and then are at the end of the round. I'd rather lock in the draft pick for sure (assuming it's a 3rd).

• Like 1

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Comp picks are only awarded if we don't sign anyone and then are at the end of the round. I'd rather lock in the draft pick for sure (assuming it's a 3rd).

This team has proven no interest in signing anyone in FA. They want to draft "their guys." Scherff is a good example of their gameplan. They will tank an entire offseason to ensure they get their 3rd round pick the following season.

• Like 1

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Same I rather get a pick now that’s higher than the comp 3rd we would get. 2 years from now……..

with all the pretty good LBs on the board we could use that in one of them. My draft crush of muma I think is gonna slip away

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

We should have traded him BEFORE we drafted his replacement. We really ruined any leverage we had this draft. He will undoubtedly go for 2023 draft value or player for player At some point.

This is why I said we cratered (*) his value with this pick. We should've traded him before FA. 

(*) Not just cratered. But Marianas-Trench-deep-crevasse type of drop in value.

• Like 1

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

This team has proven no interest in signing anyone in FA. They want to draft "their guys." Scherff is a good example of their gameplan. They will tank an entire offseason to ensure they get their 3rd round pick the following season.

Ah the old "have to get back to the old folks home for my pudding cup and reruns of Hazel" approach to running a football team.

1 minute ago, LoganF89 said:

That’s who I want but I don’t see a way of him falling to us to our late third. Would hope a Payne trade could help us net him

We couldn't even use both 4ths to trade into the 3rd. We'd have to use the 3rd comp pick to do it. Because the 4ths only get us to the #32 pick in the 3rd. Just 2 picks before ours.