2022 draft day 2 let’s go!

LoganF89

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I don't understand the logic to say that a run stuffing DT like Payne is not worth extending, and then using a 2nd round pick on a run stuffing DT a year before we need one.  

I mean we may as well try to trade Payne now and get picks for this draft then. That pick is a head scratcher if he’s not getting traded tonight.

even if we did trade Payne and got picks for him I don’t think the front office we do Shizz with them..   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

I don't understand the logic to say that a run stuffing DT like Payne is not worth extending, and then using a 2nd round pick on a run stuffing DT a year before we need one.  

Didn’t they say he lead the nation as a defense of tackle in sacks

1 minute ago, LoganF89 said:

I mean we may as well try to trade Payne now and get picks for this draft then. That pick is a head scratcher if he’s not getting traded tonight.

even if we did trade Payne and got picks for him I don’t think the front office we do Shizz with them..   

Agreed. Doesn't much make sense not to trade him now. His value is low though... hopefully they can get a third rounder for him.

1 minute ago, LoganF89 said:

You know how we mentioned that Payne's trade value was tanked before the draft? It's absolutely destroyed now.

• Like 2

Just now, taylor made said:

Agreed. Doesn't much make sense not to trade him now. His value is low though... hopefully they can get a third rounder for him.

We won't. Our only hope is to keep him through the offseason and then trade during the season to a team that loses one of their starting DTs. That's the only way I can see us improving his trade value

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

We won't. Our only hope is to keep him through the offseason and then trade during the season to a team that loses one of their starting DTs. That's the only way I can see us improving his trade value

I think its better keeping him and hoping he blows up this year and nets us a 3rd round comp pick next year...

• Like 1