2022 draft day 2 let’s go!

LoganF89

Just now, MKnight82 said:

It just seems like they're trying to blame our DTs for our defensive issues last year.  Which is kind of nuts considering how bad Young and Sweat played. 

It’s nuts considering how poorly the entire D played at times except for Allen & Payne.

This is what you get for allowing this dummy to fire Kyle Smith. I don’t ever want to hear again how that wasn’t a mistake or it wasn’t a big deal. Last years draft was an absolute non-factor and it appears the same will be of this one after doing absolutely nothing in free agency. Mayhew has no business being a GM after what he did in Detroit. Friggin dumb. 

• Like 2

Just now, MKnight82 said:

So I looked it up.  Matt Ioaniddis played 55% of defensive snaps last year.  They rotate quite a bit.  Still I feel like this is something they could have addressed in the 4th round. 

Or even with Star Lotulelei the former Panther that we will probably sign anyway...

9 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Didn’t they say he lead the nation as a defense of tackle in sacks

Phidarian Mathis

Mathis recorded 53 tackles, nine sacks and one forced fumble. He has some interior pass-rush ability alongside some quickness and athleticism. He made significant strides as a pass-rusher Mathis has very good intangibles as a leader, worker and teammate. While he has not gotten a lot of attention, Mathis could be a sleeper steal. Some teams are eyeing him late in the second round and early in the third round of the 2022 NFL Draft.