2nd Round, 56th Pick overall Cowboys Select

textaz03

Watched himbthoroughly for months. His upperbody gets him stalled too often, but with work, and some strength building, technique stuff too, and getting worked slowly into the fold so he can learn to play with keys and understand when to react and break, he can become quite Parsons like in his versatility. Really like him.

4 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Anyone else happy that the team finally used a 2nd round pick on a player that isnt a glaring red flag talent? 

No more of this looking for bargains on would-be first round picks whos behavior or medicals made them fall. Too risky with a premium pick.

The major off field issue is what concerns me the most. Has maturity issues and that Sexual Battery charge (even though it was dropped) is a huge red flag. 

2 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

The major off field issue is what concerns me the most. Has maturity issues and that Sexual Battery charge (even though it was dropped) is a huge red flag. 

Peyton Manning had a similar issue in college, and Dan Marino was linked to cocaine several times in his college career. I dont consider anything unfounded or unproven as a red flag. When youre a star on your campus, people will ALWAYS talk. Ive seen it personally. If there was some proven foundation to the allegation, id call it a red flag. As there isnt, I consider it more kids being away from home for the first time talking too much or getting a wake up call over putting themself in a bad situation with the wrong people.

Idk if that makes me a jerk to say that considering it was a sexual allegation. But from what Ive read, it seemed pretty unfounded.

1 minute ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Peyton Manning had a similar issue in college, and Dan Marino was linked to cocaine several times in his college career. I dont consider anything unfounded or unproven as a red flag. When youre a star on your campus, people will ALWAYS talk. Ive seen it personally. If there was some proven foundation to the allegation, id call it a red flag. As there isnt, I consider it more kids being away from home for the first time talking too much or getting a wake up call over putting themself in a bad situation with the wrong people.

Idk if that makes me a jerk to say that considering it was a sexual allegation. But from what Ive read, it seemed pretty unfounded.

If he can stay on the field and out of the headlines (for negative reasons) better than Randy Gregory, then it’s a positive move and I will have no issues with that. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.