2022 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion

AFF

6 minutes ago, BradfordSteeler said:

Well one things for sure, there is absolutely no excuses for Matt Canada this season. We have just about every type of weapon you could ask for on offence now.

Disagree.  It’s going to be a very young and likely mistake prone offense.  The most seasoned guys will be Cole (5), Daniels (5), Trubisky (5), Okorafor (5), Johnson (4).  That’s not all that much.  Especially at skill positions of Claypool (3), Pickens (R), Austin (R), Freiermuth (2), Harris (2).

I actually really like the Austin pick.

Just because he has a similar stature to Dri Archer means nothing.   They arent the same player.    Dri Archer was a speedy gadget back that was much more suited to the college game.    Calvin Austin has more skills that translate better to the pros.

Does that mean he will be great or even good?   Of course not....but it wont be because he is similar to Archer, because he isnt.

Austin can gain 10 lbs of muscle and not lose any speed or burst.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I like this one too. 

RIP #anthonymillerSZN 😔

His speed and shiftiness in jet sweeps, tosses, reverses, WR screens, bubble screens.  Just so so awesome.  And him and Claypool in motion before and at the snap can create so much havoc.

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

Disagree.  It’s going to be a very young and likely mistake prone offense.  The most seasoned guys will be Cole (5), Daniels (5), Trubisky (5), Okorafor (5), Johnson (4).  That’s not all that much.  Especially at skill positions of Claypool (3), Pickens (R), Austin (R), Freiermuth (2), Harris (2).

I more mean excuses for not being able to fulfill his offense/vision. Inexperience is expected and mistakes coming from that I wouldn't blame on Canada. But we should see at least the start of what he wants to do.

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

While I agree, I think what @BradfordSteelermeant is that this offense needs to show some progression this year.    I can handle growing pains and stuff like that, but there will no longer be the excuses "he doesnt have a QB who can move around or run his RPO well" or "he doesnt have anyone who can stretch the field".

If this offense looks as bad as 2021 and doesnt make adjustments, which was the case most of last year, I will call for his job every chance I get.    I already dont think he should be here.     He has an uphill battle. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 43M said:

While I agree, I think what @BradfordSteelermeant is that this offense needs to show some progression this year.    I can handle growing pains and stuff like that, but there will no longer be the excuses "he doesnt have a QB who can move around or run his RPO well" or "he doesnt have anyone who can stretch the field".

If this offense looks as bad as 2021 and doesnt make adjustments, which was the case most of last year, I will call for his job every chance I get.    I already dont think he should be here.     He has an uphill battle. 

I think it will look bad because of mistakes and growing pains rather than just “bad”.

8 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Excuses already being made for this guy 😂

The Bengals just got to the super bowl off the backs of Burrow, Higgins, Chase, and Mixon. 

We have a 1st or 2nd round pick at QB, RB, TE, and three receivers. And he had the pick of the litter for a QB to run his system.

No excuses for Canada this year, at all.