The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

Those rumored castings are not confirmed.

Via a rep from Sony in regards to Toby and Andrew reprising their roles for Spider-Man 3. To me, that's sounds like they are trying to make it happen but no ink to paper yet. Lends credence to the wild rumors. 

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2557006/spider-man-3-sony-responds-to-the-wild-rumors-about-tobey-maguire

21 minutes ago, Blue said:

One would assume they want to bring back the Fox superhero cast, but the actors are admittedly a lot older now and they may want to recast the roles, so fair.

Every indication thus far is a complete reboot. Besides the only one that REALLY matter is Hugh Jackman and he already said he hung up the claws. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Blue said:

One would assume they want to bring back the Fox superhero cast, but the actors are admittedly a lot older now and they may want to recast the roles, so fair.

Keep Fassbender and McAvoy if you can, the rest can go.  I loved Jackman as Wolverine, but he's in his 50's now.

5 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Every indication thus far is a complete reboot. Besides the only one that REALLY matter is Hugh Jackman and he already said he hung up the claws. 

Aren't they bringing over the First Class version of Quicksilver?

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Via a rep from Sony in regards to Toby and Andrew reprising their roles for Spider-Man 3. To me, that's sounds like they are trying to make it happen but no ink to paper yet. Lends credence to the wild rumors. 

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2557006/spider-man-3-sony-responds-to-the-wild-rumors-about-tobey-maguire

Would be great if Sony talked Disney into doing this and gave Disney full control over Spider-Man and all his villains and Sony got to introduce their own Spider-Man.  Let Sony **** up their own universe.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blue said:

Literally the whole point of Homecoming is that Peter took down a Big Bad without any help from Tony. Personally, I think you're missing the point of Far From Home, which was that Tony gave Peter the tools to be a better hero than Tony was. That's part of the growing-up process, too.

I didnt have any issues with Homecoming, and no, I didnt miss the point of Far From Home.   It was a meh movie that barely progressed Peters character at all.   For a movie that took place after Endgame, it shouldve been so much more.    

Bottom line....as a standalone movie, FFH was solid, but in terms of advancing Peter as a character or the MCU as a whole, it was a huge missed opportunity.   Movie just felt like a money grab.

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Sony Logo GIF | Gfycat

A lot of movies are money grabs...I get that, and if its entertaining, so be it.

All Im saying is that all the best MCU movies moved a character or the universe forward in a meaningful way.   Far From Home, while enjoyable, felt like Iron Man 3, in the sense that it just exists for the sake of existing.   Nothing necessarily wrong with that, but for the first movie aftet Endgame, I just expected more.

Anyway, I just hope they move him forward more in the next movie.  As a Tom Holland and Spider Man fan, I just want to see something different in regards to where he is in his life and how he has grown.    The high school stuff is played out.

8 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I think your point about post Endgame is valid @43M, but I would counter by saying it was a wrap up movie for the infinity saga. It helped to reset the MCU, show 'normal' life post snap, and get the MCU ready for the next saga. 

Fair point.

Im not all that excited for the future of the MCU outside of SpiderMan. Dr Strange and eventually XMen (was excited for Black Panther, but...), so Im hanging most of my faith in the MCU on Spidey.

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast