Minshew
Boston

Not sure what to do
Miles

FA
Matt Ioannidis DT
Tremaine Edmunds LB?

Edited by Jeezla

I get it but still don’t understand why Kelce would want to retire. Still playing phenomenal except for a few awkward snaps. If we win it, nice way for him to say goodbye. But dude is still playing very well. Don’t think he has any plans to move away from the area. Would step right in anywhere to be a sports personality on the radio or TV locally. But I get why he would either way. 

Just now, Jroc04 said:

I get it but still don’t understand why Kelce would want to retire. Still playing phenomenal except for a few awkward snaps. If we win it, nice way for him to say goodbye. But dude is still playing very well. Don’t think he has any plans to move away from the area. Would step right in anywhere to be a sports personality on the radio or TV locally. But I get why he would either way. 

His kids are the only reason, and how that plays into his health. I think max we are getting one more year. He’s starting all these outside of football things up.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

You listen to New Heights? Kelce says something about this body hurting every podcast. I'd say it's 55/45 in favor of retirement right now. Anything can happen once the season is over and Jason has had a chance to really heal up, but I lean toward this being his last ride. If it isn't, then I hope Jurgens is starting at RG next season. He doesn't need to sit on the bench for 2 years. If it is, then I hope Kelce sticks around as an assistant OL coach, and I would expect Jurgens to look like one of the better C's in the league his first year starting. Maybe not top 3 like Kelce, but definitely top 10.

Edited by Jeezla

11 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

You listen to New Heights? Kelce says something about this body hurting every podcast. I'd say it's 55/45 in favor of retirement right now. Anything can happen once the season is over and Jason has had a chance to really heal up, but I lean toward this being his last ride. If it isn't, then I hope Jurgens is starting at RG next season. He doesn't need to sit on the bench for 2 years.

I don’t listen fully. Some clips here and there. I think everyone is hurting this time of year. Dudes, especially guys like Jason, need some time off after the season to reflect but more time off usually sways them to give it another go. Just like anything else, the further you are from trauma the easier it is. Nick sent him a keg this passed off-season. He could up the bounty. But like I said, I can totally see him walking away. Would make complete sense, he’s got little to prove. And agree about Jurgens. Don’t know why they haven’t gotten him more time in at guard just in case. 

15 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I don’t listen fully. Some clips here and there. I think everyone is hurting this time of year. Dudes, especially guys like Jason, need some time off after the season to reflect but more time off usually sways them to give it another go. Just like anything else, the further you are from trauma the easier it is. Nick sent him a keg this passed off-season. He could up the bounty. But like I said, I can totally see him walking away. Would make complete sense, he’s got little to prove. And agree about Jurgens. Don’t know why they haven’t gotten him more time in at guard just in case. 

he specifically talks about how his body hurts more than it used to/recovers slower/etc.

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

he specifically talks about how his body hurts more than it used to/recovers slower/etc.

I don’t deny it lol. Just saying. He was essentially talked into it this year too. He’s not retired until he’s having his presser crying. 

On 12/6/2022 at 6:02 AM, EagleBlueDon said:

True lol. Tampa still has all that talent idk why they aren't better. 

I'm not sure either. I think they're in their heads tbh. Once Brady has that vintage game they'll be back to being a good team imo. One minute he looks old the next he looks like normal Brady. It's very confusing

17 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Hopefully someone loves him, hate for this to be the year teams learn they shouldn’t reach on a QB.

Stroud needs to play well against Georgia. His struggles with pressure will make a lot of teams lose interest in him.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Hopefully someone loves him, hate for this to be the year teams learn they shouldn’t reach on a QB.

They aren't drafting him for what he will be in year 1. Multiple GM's are going to want him just because his pro day will be Zach Wilson tier, and they will covet what he could potentially become, regardless of all his shortcomings/how bad he might be as a rookie. Herbert wasn't good vs pressure at Oregon either. Hurts stunk vs pressure until this season.

Someone is taking him top 4 for what he could be in year 2/3, based on what Josh Allen/Hurts did in year 3, what Lamar and Mahomes did in year 2, and what Herbert did in year 1. Justin Fields looking better doesn't hurt either, although he just stunk vs GB, which is a bears QB tradition at this point. I wish we owned the Cowboys the way Aaron Rodgers owns the Chicago Bears.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

What is the move with Miles Sanders? Does it depend on what he/we do in the playoffs? Do we let him walk regardless, unless it's a hometown discount? 

Guessing we let him hit FA, see what the market is for Hunt, Jacobs, etc. and then give Sanders a fairly low ball offer before ultimately signing David Montgomery or D'Onta Foreman on a cheap 2 year deal.

18 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

What is the move with Miles Sanders? Does it depend on what he/we do in the playoffs? Do we let him walk regardless, unless it's a hometown discount? 

Guessing we let him hit FA, see what the market is for Hunt, Jacobs, etc. and then give Sanders a fairly low ball offer before ultimately signing David Montgomery or D'Onta Foreman on a cheap 2 year deal.

He’s gone. Howie doesnt usually mess around. If you’re apart of the future, he’ll lock you up. We’ll draft someone and get a 2nd tier vet with some starting experience. 

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

I could see him coming back cheap on a low year deal. RB market is packed, he’s not gonna get a big deal anywhere.

They’ll let him test free agency. Probably looking at like the Broncos, Rams, etc. Once those jobs are filled the rest will be cheap.

Which I’m actually fine with, puny using a day 2 pick on a RB a year or two. Build up the DL, DBs, get the luxury of maybe taking a good backup TE or WR day 2 just to load up.