> 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

34 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

WTF is a madden trade 🤣 

Any trade that involves 2 or more players and nets us anything of value in return.

So if I say we should package Dillard, Reagor, and someone else for a 3rd round pick- that's a madden trade, even though crazier trades happen all the time in real life.

11 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Any trade that involves 2 or more players and nets us anything of value in return.

So if I say we should package Dillard, Reagor, and someone else for a 3rd round pick- that's a madden trade, even though crazier trades happen all the time in real life.

Madden trades happen all the time. Especially nowadays

It's shocking what some of these teams get in return for great players. 

Wouldn't surprise me if our FO looked at this draft class, and decided to re-sign TJ Edwards before Hurts/CGJ/Hargrave/Etc. 

Probably the weakest MLB/ILB class I have ever seen, and maybe the weakest LB class in general.
I miss the days when a Laurinitis or Poz or Hawk or Demeco or Sean Lee or Willis or Kuechley or Beason or Wagner was coming out every year.

Edited by Jeezla

40 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

My list of dudes we should pay attention to, that won't be drafted in round 1:

Backup QB: Hooker (4) - Duggan (5) - O'Connell (5/6) -DeMorat (7/UDFA) 
RB: Charbonnet (2/3) - Spears (2/3) - Abanikanda (3) - McBride (4/5) - Valladay (6)
TE: Durham (4)
WR: Downs (2) - Rice (3) - Perry (3) - Jarrett (3) - Moreno-Cropper (4) - Reed (4) - Ngata (5) - Douglas (5/6) - Wicks (6)
OT: Duncan (3)
OG: Mauch (2) - Morris (3/4) - Gaines (4)
C/G: Avila (2/3)- Oluwatimi (3) - Stromberg (3/4) - Tippman (3/4) - Scruggs (4/5)

Pass rusher: McDonald (2) - Mathis (3/4) - Diaby (5) - Thompson (5) - Incoom (5) - Ramirez (5)
DT: Benton (2) - Brooks (2/3) - Ojomo (2/3) - Young (3) - Pickens (3/4) - Stills (4) - Turner (4) - Mustipher (4)
DT/DE tweener: Adebawore (2)
LB: Drake Thomas (3/4) - Pace Jr (3/4) - Pappoe (3/4) - Dennis (4) - Mapu (4/5) - Woodbey (5) (Note that these are all OLBs. Super weak MLB/ILB class)
S: Skinner (2) - S Brown (3) - Dean (3/4) - Jammie (4) - J Brown (4) - Mapu (4/5) - Woodbey (5)
CB: Forbes (2) - Blu Kelly (2) - Stevenson (2) - Brents (2/3) - Rush (2/3) - Boykin (4) - Brooks (4) - N Jones (4/5) - Shelton (5) - Scott Jr (6)
Slot CB: Clark (3) - Thomas V (4) - Jamison (4)

P: Barringer (5/6) Turk (5/6) Korsak (6/7)

This edge class stinks. If we trade #10, gotta be for a DE. We can get good some really good DT's in round 2 and a good CB at #30.

Drafting a CB or Edge at #10 would be a mistake, imo.
Witherspoon is CB1, but I think he and Gonzalez are closer to Kaiir Elam/McDuffie than Sauce/Stingley.

Too soon to have this paged. Shameless re-post. And yes, we need to trade #10 for either a pass rusher, Bradberry replacement, or more picks.

Edited by Jeezla

45 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Wouldn't surprise me if our FO looked at this draft class, and decided to re-sign TJ Edwards before Hurts/CGJ/Hargrave/Etc. 

Probably the weakest MLB/ILB class I have ever seen, and maybe the weakest LB class in general.
I miss the days when a Laurinitis or Poz or Hawk or Demeco or Sean Lee or Willis or Kuechley or Beason or Wagner was coming out every year.

The league is going away from the high profile/highly drafted MLB.   Obviously the Lowie has never truly valued the position.  

4 minutes ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

Obviously the Lowie has never truly valued the position.  

Only once. In 2017. Hicks, Kendricks, and Bradham. Granted, a 3rd round pick was the most compensation we used to acquire one, but at least Howie gave us 3 above average LB's.

Edited by Jeezla

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Only once. In 2017. Hicks, Kendricks, and Bradham.

Hicks was a 3rd

Kendricks was higher as 2nd 

Bradham was a FA

My point is they have never valued it enough to draft one in the first or spend big FA money on.  I’d say their focus on the position has decreased even mor since drafting Hicks and Kendricks.   

1 minute ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

Hicks was a 3rd

Kendricks was higher as 2nd 

Bradham was a FA

My point is they have never valued it enough to draft one in the first or spend big FA money on.  I’d say their focus on the position has decreased even mor since drafting Hicks and Kendricks.   

No question, I'm just saying it's odd how the only time we won a SB, we had not 1, not 2, but 3 solid LB's. Despite them not mattering much in 2017 either.

Edited by Jeezla

TJ definitely might be back if the price isn’t too crazy on him. Hargrave seems like a fine candidate to let walk imo. Good pass rusher but his run defense leaves a ton to be desired and is on the wrong side of 30. Likely going to be really expensive as well. 

If I had to guess CJGJ will be back as long as the money isn’t too wild. Epps we can let walk and give Reed more time unless he is dirt cheap for some reason. 

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <