> 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

14 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I think after valuing the lines, a consistent of Howie 2.0 has been breaking his trends. We’ve discussed it a lot here previously about the value they had for Christian McCaffrey in 2017.

Bijan is in a very similar mold coming out. 3 phase back. So could certainly see them valuing that at 30 in a supposedly light year talent wise in the draft.

RB fifth year option is also not super high, so if they want a cost controlled option for a while there is a little value bump there.

I’m much more in the 62 camp for RB, but I just wouldn’t 100% rule our Bijan if he’s there. That’s all.

As I was saying the move could just be crank up the offense as much as possible. Maximize what they can do.

yeah the chance of us picking at 10 and 30 is pretty slim. One of those top guys drops could move up, or get some value from a team trying to get that 5th year option on a guy.

I'm thinking #30 will be the one we move, back.  Pick up an extra 2nd and something in 2024.  

59 minutes ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

Not at 30.  No way.  Hell, do any of us think that we’re going to stand pat with those two 1sts?  You know darn well, Howie is going to move around.  

I think being so close this year, Howie's arrogance may think making a pick like Robinson puts the offense over the top.

1 hour ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

I'm thinking #30 will be the one we move, back.  Pick up an extra 2nd and something in 2024.  

Yea those late 1st have teams in the second  trying to move up to get that 5th year option. Good way to take advantage of the positioning potentially. 

1 hour ago, downundermike1 said:

I think being so close this year, Howie's arrogance may think making a pick like Robinson puts the offense over the top.

The history of 1st round pick running backs recently is pretty awful for the team drafting them. The chiefs finally won a super bowl after drafting one in the first. But their rookie 7th round pick running back was above him on the depth chart.

Only a team that wants to lose games takes a running back in the first round. It's completely stupid to do so. 

13 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

The history of 1st round pick running backs recently is pretty awful for the team drafting them. The chiefs finally won a super bowl after drafting one in the first. But their rookie 7th round pick running back was above him on the depth chart.

Only a team that wants to lose games takes a running back in the first round. It's completely stupid to do so. 

I’ll have to try and dig up that chart I made, but yeah 2nd or 3rd round is definitely preferred way to go if we are trying to take a swing on getting a true impact back.

You can find guys later on but them turning into great long term starters isn’t as likely as I think it’s thought of.

Sticking with a committee is fine if they wanna wait, but would be great to see someone who can win us games back there.

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

I’ll have to try and dig up that chart I made, but yeah 2nd or 3rd round is definitely preferred way to go if we are trying to take a swing on getting a true impact back.

You can find guys later on but them turning into great long term starters isn’t as likely as I think it’s thought of.

Sticking with a committee is fine if they wanna wait, but would be great to see someone who can win us games back there.

You invest in your offensive line so that it doesn't really matter who your running back is, you don't invest in both.

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Pick 10 will almost certainly be a DT, DE, or CB unless there is an OL prospect that Howie falls in love with or the value isn't there on defense. 

Obviously it's early in the offseason, but there really aren't any top 10 OL guys in this class IMO.

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <