> 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

11 hours ago, Jeezla said:

That doesn't even make sense.

If Bryce Baringer has all-pro potential at P, then he is a top 5 player at the SB. Nobody saying he will be one of the first 5 people drafted. Or are you saying every senior bowl should have at least 5 all-pro potential players? Because that would be stupid.

No and no lol. 

I guess if this is madden he’s rated in the top 5. I get it. Like he’s a 91 and there’s 4 other guys rated higher than him. But the CB that’s a 90 or a 75…way more important.  I know that’s understood. Just seems silly to tweet about a punter being top 5 or whatever’s he’s saying. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

No and no lol. 

I guess if this is madden he’s rated in the top 5. I get it. Like he’s a 91 and there’s 4 other guys rated higher than him. But the CB that’s a 90 or a 75…way more important.  I know that’s understood. Just seems silly to tweet about a punter being top 5 or whatever’s he’s saying. 

If we had a good punter we would have won the NFC Championship game 31-0.

So Punters do matter. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

No and no lol. 

It's not silly if Bryce Baringer is better at punting than Jalen Carter is at playing DT or Willie Anderson is at playing DE. It's weird that you can't separate positional value from "this guy does his job better than other players do their job".

20 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

It's not silly if Bryce Baringer is better at punting than Jalen Carter is at playing DT or Willie Anderson is at playing DE. It's weird that you can't separate positional value from "this guy does his job better than other players do their job".

It is absolutely silly lol. The best punter in this league has less impact on the game than average starters on either side of the ball by a large margin. Punters impact the game 3-4 times in total. Average defensive starters get 40+ chances a game to impact the game.

You can say he is a top 5 player at the senior bowl and be correct. That said it is a silly thing to say because they won't impact the game as much as the top 40-50 players(in some cases, obviously some will just not play much in the NFL).

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

It’s absolutely silly.

I get the concept. I painted it for you with the Madden ratings analogy. His positional value is A+ as punters go, sure. His real world, gametime value is F+. 

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

It is absolutely silly lol. The best punter in this league has less impact on the game than average starters on either side of the ball by a large margin. Punters impact the game 3-4 times in total. Average defensive starters get 40+ chances a game to impact the game.

You can say he is a top 5 player at the senior bowl and be correct. That said it is a silly thing to say because they won't impact the game as much as the top 40-50 players(in some cases, obviously some will just not play much in the NFL).

And that has nothing to do with saying a Punter is a top 5 player.

33 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

If we had a good punter we would have won the NFC Championship game 31-0.

So Punters do matter. 

Kern(s) is awful. Siposs is a 1/4 better than him. And we’re in the SB. Average punting is all you really need. 

Just now, Jeezla said:

no, what's silly is bringing up positional value at all.

In terms of PUNTERS? LOL.

No it isn't. You could make that argument when your talking about DT vs DE or S vs CB. When we are talking about PUNTERS! PUNTERS. You absolutely can.

We will never see eye to eye on this. You completely overvalue punters. It is ok.

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

In terms of PUNTERS? LOL.

No it isn't. You could make that argument when your talking about DT vs DE or S vs CB. When we are talking about PUNTERS! PUNTERS. You absolutely can.

We will never see eye to eye on this. You completely overvalue punters. It is ok.

in terms of acting like that guy was saying a punter is one of the 5 most important people there when all he's really saying is that Punter is a really freaking good punter.

The tweet could have been:

Joe Blow is having a phenomenal senior bowl. Easily top punter and potential draft pick this year.

I’d have zero issue. He’s a top 5 player at the bowl is like saying a hot dog is a top seller in its category at Taco Bell. 

19 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

The tweet could have been:

Joe Blow is having a phenomenal senior bowl. Easily top punter and potential draft pick this year.

I’d have zero issue. He’s a top 5 player at the bowl is like saying a hot dog is a top seller in its category at Taco Bell. 

maybe if you're a goofball, but I think most people will read Top 5 player at Senior Bowl as "This punter is really good".

50 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

maybe if you're a goofball, but I think most people will read Top 5 player at Senior Bowl as "This punter is really good".

I don’t know how many times I gotta say I get it. It’s just silly to tweet about and reference it that way. No one cares about punters. Except for a handful of you draftnerds. 

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <