> 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

11 minutes ago, Danger said:

Ravens had like 12 picks. Maddox was the first CB we took in that draft.

I misunderstood you. But still, your “stud” isn’t guaranteed just because you draft him. 

Anyway, we’re rehashing all this stuff from last time. I don’t have to go over it. It never makes sense to me. Doesn’t matter what you have and how much of it. I’d rather get a specialized role player than anything punt related. 

6 hours ago, Jeezla said:

It's not silly if Bryce Baringer is better at punting than Jalen Carter is at playing DT or Willie Anderson is at playing DE. It's weird that you can't separate positional value from "this guy does his job better than other players do their job".

You don't get it Jeezla. It's better to use that pick on Clayton Thorson, K'Von Wallace, John Hightower, Prince Tega Wanogho, Casey Toohill, Kyron Johnson,  Marlon Tuipulotu, Tarron Jackson, Jacoby Stevens,, Patrick Johnson in hopes you find the next Kelce, Cole, Celek or Gainwell.  

If you waste enough picks, you're bound to find a gem here or there right Jroc?

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

You don't get it Jeezla. It's better to use that pick on Clayton Thorson, K'Von Wallace, John Hightower, Prince Tega Wanogho, Casey Toohill, Kyron Johnson,  Marlon Tuipulotu, Tarron Jackson, Jacoby Stevens,, Patrick Johnson in hopes you find the next Kelce, Cole, Celek or Gainwell.  

If you waste enough picks, you're bound to find a gem here or there right Jroc?

lol you’re being a smart *** but that’s EXACTLY correct. Why waste a chance to get a major impact on your team, even a small chance, because you want something that you can literally find in FA for nothing. 

*sigh* you act like punters don’t bust. They do allllll the time. Would you rather take a chance on a kid you can develop that becomes Trent Cole or Thomas Morsted. I hit on a kid, I get Jason Kelce. You hit on a kid, you get Andy Lee? Problem is, adequate punting is found ANYWHERE. John Hekkers a 6 time all pro (1st and 2nd) and he’s undrafted. Anger was taken in the 3rd (!!!!) and he’s a really good punter…..who’s on his 4th (?) team. You don’t NEED great to good punting. Just someone who’s adequate. And those guys are everrrryyyyywhere. Has Howie ever drafted a punter? Seriously? Ever? 

I refuse to engage in the punter debate any longer as it is so ridiculous, but I will leave with these tidbits:

We are in the Super Bowl right now with two of the worst punters in the NFL according to Net Average.

Siposs is a significantly better punter than Kern who we all thought would be a real upgrade when we signed him.

If we had used a 4th on Stout last year we would have gotten.... essentially the exact same punter as we had in Siposs. Not saying Stout can't get better, but if you are spending a 4th on a punter you would probably expect them to be pretty good right away... https://imgur.com/a/aSMbKRN (sorted by net avg from worst to best because the NFL stats page is trash).

Basically... everything Nabbs is saying about missing on players in later rounds applies to punters as well. Using those picks on players who could be significant contributors is better than spending them on a punter who may or may not even be an upgrade and will never be able to contribute in the same way. Drafting punters in the 7th round is fine. 6th is a stretch but I could see it for an insanely good prospect. You just don't draft punters earlier than that. End of story. Thankfully I think Howie agrees with my logic more than some other people's on this board.

• Like 1

We don't need to draft a punter. Sign Araiza.

And yes, we made the SB with bad punting. That doesn't we can't be even better with an actual good punter. Siposs is better than Kern. Siposs is still a bottom 5-10 punter. Unfortunately Kern is probably the worst punter in the league. Also, I have a feeling this terrible punting is going to bite us in the butt when Patrick Mahomes is on the opposite side. Pat starting at the 45 is basically auto-7. I hope Kern takes NO Xplode pre-workout before the game and again at halftime. Shoot his leg up with all the roids. His pee after the game should glow in the dark.

Edited by Jeezla

2 hours ago, Danger said:

@Kiltman feel free to overrule me, but if we're about to have another multiple page heated debate about PUNTERS..... AGAIN

I'm half tempted to lock this thread for 2 days.

We don't need to get Bryce Baringer in round 5, but it shouldn't be that hard to find someone noticeably better than Siposs in the 7th, or UDFA. Our FO just needs to make an actual effort to improve upon these no hang time having poons. Sign someone who can boot the damn thing 65+ once in a while, and can consistently boot it over 50/inside the 15. Sav Rocca shouldn't be the best punter we've had in the last 10 years. We are to punting what the Bears are to Quarterbacking.

Edited by Jeezla

CRAZY How Mock Sites have such different Rankings. So I went off each sites Rankings...

PFN

***Trade PHI Trades #10 to GB for #15 and #45

***Trade PHI Trades #15 to MIN for #23 and 2024 1st

#23 Bijan Robinson, RB Texas

#31 Michael Mayer, TE Notre Dame

#45 Siaka Ika, DT Baylor

#63 Warren McClendon, OT Georgia

#95 DeMarvion Overshown, LB Texas

#221 Malik Cunningham, QB Lousiville

#251 Ahofitu Maka, OC UTSA

PFF

#10 – Joey Porter Jr, CB Penn State

#31 – BJ Ojulari, DE LSU

#63 – Zach Charbonnet, RB UCLA

#95 – Gervon Dexter Sr, DL Florida

#134 – Mekhi Gardner, CB LSU

#209 – Warren Mcclendon , T Georgia

#251 – Alex Forsyth, C Oregon

FanSpeak

10: CB Joey Porter Jr - Penn State

31: G O'Cyrus Torrence - Florida

63: EDGE Lukas Van Ness - Iowa

95: OT Zion Nelson - Miami

217: DL P.J. Mustipher - Penn State

247: EDGE Ali Gaye – LSU

Mock Draft Sim

***Trade PHI Trades #10, #95 and a 2024 2nd to SEA for #5 and #123

#5: Edge Will Anderson Jr. – Alabama

#31: RB Bijan Robinson – Texas

***Trade PHI Trades #63 to ATL for #75 and #110

#75: LB DeMarvion Overshown

#110: DL Jaquielin Roy – LSU

#123: CB Mekhi Garner - LSU

#221: OT Warren McClendon – Georgia

#251: OL Alex Forsyth - Oregon

The Mock Draft Sim Would be a crazy draft class IMO. Followed by PFN then PFF and last FanSpeak. But that mock Draft SIM is SPICCCCY!!

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <