Bears draft P Trenton Gill (NC State) 255th overall

CBears019

Actually I dislike this pick since I didn't think he was really a good punter. Granted it was a late 7th so if that is my biggest complaint then it sounds like a good draft. Meh pick here. Oh well. Maybe the ST coach sees something that he thinks is correctable and likes him, or he is consistent and that is what they are primarily after. I prefer punters who can flip fields.

POD was consistently a bottom 10 punter who was a good holder. Can this guy replace that on a rookie contract for the next 4 years at a minimum? You’d hope so. That’s a pretty low bar. And if not then the cost to get rid of him is basically nothing. This was a pick that was nothing more than getting a head start on UDFA instead of hoping to be able to sign him on to compete. It’s a whatever pick. I’m fine with it. 

• Like 1

Of all the punters I thoroughly studied he was one of my top 30.   

Weaknesses: He drops ball a little low before he kicks for my taste and doesn't get enough extension on follow through.

Strengths: He usually hits ball when he swings his leg.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Of all the punters I thoroughly studied he was one of my top 30.   

Weaknesses: He drops ball a little low before he kicks for my taste and doesn't get enough extension on follow through.

Strengths: He usually hits ball when he swings his leg.

I like when my punters USUALLY hit the ball when they swing their leg. Rookie of the year?

• Like 2

On 5/1/2022 at 11:10 AM, Heinz D. said:

So...he won't end up being our punter, in other words. 

I don't know, "average leg and mediocre control" sounds exactly like the kind of punter chicago will inexplicably draft.