5 things I'd like to see before Training Camp

ovfd55

1.Sign Terry McClaurin to a long term extension 
Hopefully under 25 mil per year,but Need to get Terry contract figured out to game plan the rest of the signings.

2.Sign a LBer
It blew my mind we didn't draft a LBer in the draft but its a clear need and there are still a few Vets out there that make Sense in the Scheme names include Alexander Johnson, Kyle Van Noy, Anthony Barr(If Holcolm is playing MLB), Anthony Hitchens, Joe Schobert, Aj Klein, Malcolm Smith, and Danny Trevathen.

3.Bring Ryan Kerrigan Home
We need a 3rd Edge in my book as nobosy set the world on fire when Chase and Sweat got hurt and with how often we sub at Dline 3rd edge is valuable and Kerrigan should be cheap.Other Vet Edges are out there I would be happy with to like Dunlap,Ingram,Jpp,Houston,Hughes but seem they would be expensive.

4.Sign all Rookies Asap
This norm gets done quickly now days but is all great not to have to worry about this close to camp

5.Look to improve RG
I Love Wes S but he's coming off injury and so is Charles if cheap enough Reuniting Ron and Trai Turner would be a upgrade or even bringing back Ereck Flowers and switching him to RG would be interesting.

Bonus pick-Look to Trade Daron Payne
While a pick would be great a interesting Player for Player I'd look into is Daron for Deion Jones.

Falcons need Dline help and  Deion took a step back in  3-4 they switched to last year and they have brung in former 1st round Pick Reshad Evans and just drafted Troy Anderson in the 2nd.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

5.Look to improve RG
I Love Wes S but he's coming off injury and so is Charles if cheap enough Reuniting Ron and Trai Turner would be a upgrade or even bringing back Ereck Flowers and switching him to RG would be interesting.

You were 30 minutes too early 😁

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

1.Sign Terry McClaurin to a long term extension 
Hopefully under 25 mil per year,but Need to get Terry contract figured out to game plan the rest of the signings.

2.Sign a LBer
It blew my mind we didn't draft a LBer in the draft but its a clear need and there are still a few Vets out there that make Sense in the Scheme names include Alexander Johnson, Kyle Van Noy, Anthony Barr(If Holcolm is playing MLB), Anthony Hitchens, Joe Schobert, Aj Klein, Malcolm Smith, and Danny Trevathen.

3.Bring Ryan Kerrigan Home
We need a 3rd Edge in my book as nobosy set the world on fire when Chase and Sweat got hurt and with how often we sub at Dline 3rd edge is valuable and Kerrigan should be cheap.Other Vet Edges are out there I would be happy with to like Dunlap,Ingram,Jpp,Houston,Hughes but seem they would be expensive.

4.Sign all Rookies Asap
This norm gets done quickly now days but is all great not to have to worry about this close to camp

5.Look to improve RG

Bonus pick-Look to Trade Daron Payne
While a pick would be great a interesting Player for Player I'd look into is Daron for Deion Jones.

Falcons need Dline help and  Deion took a step back in  3-4 they switched to last year and they have brung in former 1st round Pick Reshad Evans and just drafted Troy Anderson in the 2nd.

I like all of these except for trading Daron Payne.  He's going to give us more on the field this year than anything we'd get in a trade IMO.  Plus we'd just be adding another hole at the 3rd DT spot.  They drafted a DT because they want consistent pressure up the middle all game.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I like all of these except for trading Daron Payne.  He's going to give us more on the field this year than anything we'd get in a trade IMO.  Plus we'd just be adding another hole at the 3rd DT spot.  They drafted a DT because they want consistent pressure up the middle all game.  

I agree why it wasn't a 5 thing but a bonus just expect the former Panther signing of Star before long as well and I'd guess we'd spend some money next year that would cancel that 3rd round comp if we don't sign Payne

21 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Honestly, the only way I would trade Payne now?

Is if a team offered up their 1sr round selection, or we traded him for another player that would START for us.

Other than that, I have no desire to trade him just to get him off the books.

Agreed. The only other way I'd trade Payne is if during the season

1) we have decent DT depth with our 2nd rounder and whomever is behind him

2) we're out of playoff contention (or look to be)

3) a playoff hopeful team has a DT go down and is willing to pay a premium for Payne.

Otherwise he plays for us the entire year.

• Like 1

Good list. I’m wondering if no linebacker because they think/Hope last years 1st has learned the plays after a year of studying. I watched last year a few times and he seemed lost/bust

I’d love Kerrigan back. Leader who will give you all he has left, but a better choice might be a more vocal vet like Hughes who won’t have any problem getting in Young or Sweat face as needed

payne- you have nothing behind the new guy and maybe that why they were desperate to draft him so high. Rather have the guys the ravens got in a later round but new guy can probably be good depth this year and the writing is on the wall Payne walks for a comp pick in 24. 

id like to see that 6-7 260+ pound free agent QB in wildcat at goal line or even single wing as a runner or blocker ( put it in your Google machine if you’re under 60 lol) he’s going to be fun to watch in preseason. Keep in mind he weighs more than any back or tight end and more than Bostic did during his Hog years. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with all of these but, I don’t see Rivera re-signing Kerrigan. Ron wants to play JSW & the guys he drafted. He doesn’t want a 33-year-old DE taking snaps away from his young guys.

I wanted Payne traded before FA even started, then to re-sign Settle & restructure Ioannidis but, it didn’t happen. My guess is that Payne ends up being our next franchise twice player that we let walk and don’t re-sign long term. 

Payne’s contract the next 3 years would be:

2022 - 5th year option. $8.59 million 

2023: franchise tag. $14 million 

2024: franchise tag. $17 million 

2025: Payne walks in free agency

2026: We get a 3rd round comp pick

At Linebacker, this isn’t what I want, but I think we sign AJ Klein to compete w/ Mayo to be our 3rd starting LB. Then, I think we sign someone like Hardy Nickerson, Jr. to be our 6th LB.

Edited by turtle28