MikeT14

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Basically every Karl Urban role except for Butcher you could swab Sam Worthington and get the same result.

Karl Urban made Dredd as fun/good as it was. Worthington isn't carrying that movie like Urban did. He'd also have been a terrible Vaako in Chronicles of Riddick and he's not doing **** as Kirill in Bourne Supremacy either. Don't think he would've been any good as Bones either. Worthington has the emotional and acting range of a chicken.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Karl Urban made Dredd as fun/good as it was. Worthington isn't carrying that movie like Urban did. He'd also have been a terrible Vaako in Chronicles of Riddick and he's not doing **** as Kirill in Bourne Supremacy either. Don't think he would've been any good as Bones either. Worthington has the emotional and acting range of a chicken.

I said basically every. Dredd is an exception. I don't care about the Bourne movies, so I'll defer to your judgment on that one. Disagree on Vaako though. That was a nothing role.

I'm aware Worthington has no range. That goes in with my point. He's not a lead, but he makes a great supporting character.

Karl Urban was the first to come to mind since he spent half his career in those support roles. I want to be clear: Karl Urban destroys Worthington in every aspect as an actor. The actor comparison was not my intent. The role comparison was my intent.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I said basically every. Dredd is an exception. I don't care about the Bourne movies, so I'll defer to your judgment on that one. Disagree on Vaako though. That was a nothing role.

I'm aware Worthington has no range. That goes in with my point. He's not a lead, but he makes a great supporting character.

Karl Urban was the first to come to mind since he spent half his career in those support roles. I want to be clear: Karl Urban destroys Worthington in every aspect as an actor. The actor comparison was not my intent. The role comparison was my intent.

Eh Vaako was supposed to be a brooding, conniving badass. That's something that I could never see Worthington pulling off.

25 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Eh Vaako was supposed to be a brooding, conniving badass. That's something that I could never see Worthington pulling off.

Do you really remember that movie as well as you think you do? He was pussyfooting the whole time. It was Thandie Newton who had to relentlessly egg him on to make a move. She kept suggesting he do something, he kept warning her. I think Worthington could have done that role for sure. It was a really bad role.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Do you really remember that movie as well as you think you do? He was pussyfooting the whole time. It was Thandie Newton who had to relentlessly egg him on to make a move. She kept suggesting he do something, he kept warning her. I think Worthington could have done that role for sure. It was a really bad role.

Well, he was still supposed to be a brute badass soldier/leader. I just don't see Worthington being that. There are just some guys that can't pull badass off and Worthington is one of them.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Well, he was still supposed to be a brute badass soldier/leader. I just don't see Worthington being that. There are just some guys that can't pull badass off and Worthington is one of them.

Worthington was close in Terminator: Salvation. I think if the dialogue in it was better it might have changed his career trajectory.

Just saw it. I think I made fun of the trailer not looking that improved. I was wrong. This movie was stunning. 

it has the same Cameron repeat tropes and the story was meh at best, but hey, they left it wide open for that sequel. 

which I would go see too. 

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Just saw it. I think I made fun of the trailer not looking that improved. I was wrong. This movie was stunning. 

it has the same Cameron repeat tropes and the story was meh at best, but hey, they left it wide open for that sequel. 

which I would go see too. 

The stories will remain pretty simple overall I'd bet. His way of writing reaches the widest possible audience: simple and easy to follow, but he at least makes them good.

A lot of similar story beats between this one and the first, but I think that was by design with the long gap between the 2. He had to reintroduce the audience to the world with this one. I doubt there will be another hour in a movie of the characters learning the "ways of the clan" again.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2023 at 11:31 AM, Outpost31 said:

Also, I like Sam Worthington as an actor and I'm upset that Avatar made Hollywood try to turn him into a lead.

He'd be a perfect support role actor in action and sci fi horror.

Basically every Karl Urban role except for Butcher you could swab Sam Worthington and get the same result.

I think he’s super meh but agree with your point. Shouldn’t be a leading man. 

I thought Worthington did much better in this one.

Probably not a coincidence that he wasn't the dominant character in this one like he was in the first. I thought his delivery was much more sincere and you could feel a much more emotional and conflicted performance from him.

Edited by seminoles1

The visuals were amazing, but damn it was so slow and kind of boring. It felt more like Cameron flexing all of his new special effects more than a sequel with substance. The water shots in this movie were amazing though, can't wait to see what other movies utilize it in the future. 

• Like 2