Texans off-season thread

ET80

On 3/26/2018 at 9:24 AM, Pastor Dillon said:

My guess is that Jeff Allen starts at LT this season unless Henderson or Davenport that blow people away in the off season

Based on what O'brien said yesterday, it looks like Davenport will be the LT or at least will get first crack at it.

7 minutes ago, Marco79 said:

Based on what O'brien said yesterday, it looks like Davenport will be the LT or at least will get first crack at it.

I'm not completely against this, but it makes me nervous.

2 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Ditto... but I do have more confidence if he is healthy and has full off-season reps to get acclimated.  I think he has the tools to be successful, but I would prefer the LT not learning on the fly.

Now RT... if they are counting on Newton to start..... ochi mochi

2 hours ago, jch1911 said:

Ditto... but I do have more confidence if he is healthy and has full off-season reps to get acclimated.  I think he has the tools to be successful, but I would prefer the LT not learning on the fly.

Now RT... if they are counting on Newton to start..... ochi mochi

Henderson will be the RT

15 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Henderson will be the RT

I figured that would happen by default.... none of the kid's fault, but I am also concerned about Henderson at RT from a health perspective and if NFL will accommodate his marijuana usage to combat his disease.

Also, the 1 year prove it deal has me uneasy.

Unless one of the three that @EliteTexan80 mentioned becomes available, I think we are also drafting a tackle (who may end up playing a great deal).

Also, we absolutely have to get our hands on PJ Hall (Sam Houston State)... looks like he could be next Aaron Donald!

5 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

it makes me nervous as well.  I hope we trade up and get an OT round 2 who can possibly come in and play right away.  Kubiak drafted Charles Spencer and he was a plug and play LT as a rookie before he got hurt, how the hell cant OBrien cant develop an OT to play right away

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

Kubiak drafted Charles Spencer and he was a plug and play LT as a rookie before he got hurt

We realistically don't know what Spencer would have turned into. We had two games, and I can't really remember whether or not he was great, or just better than what we had. Who knows if we would have felt the same way with a full season under his belt.

Once upon a time, Susan had a few good games and we thought he was going to turn a corner, and we saw that go nuclear.

The good news is that we can’t really be any worse on the line than we were last year. So that’s good. Watson and the boys were shredding teams with a garbage line. We have already upgraded the line, so it’s gonna be better. 

In theory a 4th round pick should develop into a decent player. Davenport probably goes a little higher if he played at a better school. 

All that said, the coaching staff know a lot better than anyone what they have in Davenport and well honestly I don’t trust the coaching staff. 

Archived