The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

For Williams/Maye if their play continues as is? Absolutely.

I highly doubt it personally. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

The Chiefs and Bills both traded up for the third QB that was raw but had elite tools.

We're really gonna compare Richardson to Mahomes and Allen?

If Richardson was actually as good as what you guys are suggesting, why would anyone actually take a trade for him? He'll got top 2 if that's the case.

I’m not sure they can dump Kyler?

They'll likely be screwed one way or another but Kyler simply isn't a top 1/2 tier QB and they are paying him like he is. Not to mention he'll probably miss most/all of next season. You don't skip out on a generational QB because you have $$$$ tied up in a midget oft injured, 3rd tier QB imo.

At least they shouldn't...

Edited by RaidersAreOne
  • Like 1

They'll likely be screwed one way or another but Kyler simply isn't a top 1/2 QB and they are paying him like he is. Not to mention he'll probably miss most/all of next season. You don't skip out on a generational QB because you have $$$$ tied up in a midget oft injured, 3rd tier QB imo.

At least they shouldn't...

Yep, common sense. You still draft the QB. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Yes, you have to swing for the fences. Conservative franchises get nothing. You take risk, that’s how you win championships. It could end horribly, it could end with multiple championship. Swing big. Barry Bonds like swing. With extra steroids. 

If you think we are competing with KC without a superstar QB, you’re crazy.

How is this even a question? Of course they would. Cowboys would drop Dak. Dolphins would drop Tua. Etc. 

we have to compete with Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Lawrence, and Herbert for the foreseeable future in the AFC.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

2015 Broncos. But the rules and game have changed mightily since then. 

100% true.

The rules are favored to the offenses now. The top defenses don’t bring enough to the table because eventually a better offense will overcome them. 

Swinging for the fences isn't the same as trading every draft pick you have on a prayer. I think Ziegler will wisely avoid a move that requires a 2024 1st. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we pick top 5 next year. Nothing has given me confidence otherwise. I would much rather build up the roster and then potentially suck our way into a top 5 draft pick and see what happens. Or make a modest move up for Richardson from 7 to 5 for like a small package of picks. Rather than sell the future.

we have to compete with Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Lawrence, and Herbert for the foreseeable future in the AFC.

The AFC is such a pain in the *** man. Look at the top QBs in the NFC... Carr is arguably in the top 5 lmao.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

We're really gonna compare Richardson to Mahomes and Allen?

If Richardson was actually as good as what you guys are suggesting, why would anyone actually take a trade for him? He'll got top 2 if that's the case.

As prospects? I don’t think it’s unfair to compare him to them. Mahomes was a gun slinger with terrible mechanics coming out of an air raid system. Allen had a cannon but was extremely inaccurate and played at Wyoming. They both had elite physical tools though and so does Richardson.

If Mahomes and Allen were such great prospects why did they get selected behind Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, and Mitchell Trubisky? 

• Like 1

The Chiefs and Bills both traded up for the third QB that was raw but had elite tools.

The Bills traded 12, 53, and 56 for 7 and 255. That's not a horrendous deal and wasn't setting the Bills back. They also moved a ton around and walked away with Josh Allen, and 16, 96, and 121 still in the bag for decent picks. 

The Chiefs traded 27, 91, and 2018 1st to move up to 10. They walked off with Mahomes, and 59, 86, and 139 still in the bag for decent picks. 

Both absolutely pale in comparison to what people are wanting to give up for Richardson. 

• Like 2

Just now, NYRaider said:

As prospects? I don’t think it’s unfair to compare him to them. Mahomes was a gun slinger with terrible mechanics coming out of an air raid system. Allen had a cannon but was extremely inaccurate and played at Wyoming. They both had elite physical tools though and so does Richardson.

If Mahomes and Allen were such great prospects why did they get selected behind Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, and Mitchell Trubisky? 

Too many people using current hindsight with Richardson. It's ridiculous to compare him to the top 2 QBs at this point in time of course but I agree, as prospects they definitely have their similarities. 

AR15 however simply didn't have good college production (Not all due to himself) so people think athleticism + poor production = enormous bust.

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Bro thinks Richardson is falling to 20 lol.

Even if Richardson came out and say he refuses to play QB ever again is declaring as a TE, he'd still go higher than 20 imo.

Sharp is a tool. 

Too many people using current hindsight with Richardson. It's ridiculous to compare him to the top 2 QBs at this point in time of course but I agree, as prospects they definitely have their similarities. 

AR15 however simply didn't have good college production (Not all due to himself) so people think athleticism + poor production = enormous bust.

I actually like Richardson as a prospect. Just not enough to give up what people are suggesting. If another team wants to give up a massive haul to move to 7, we aren't in a good place to outbid them.