RaidersAreOne

22 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Corners:

Pure Coverage:

1a) Witherspoon

1b) Gonzalez

1c) Banks

4) Porter Jr

All three neck and neck imo. And Porter is not bad. 

Dog:

1a) Witherspoon

1b) Banks

3a) Porter Jr. 

3b) Gonzalez

I wouldn’t say any of the four are push overs though. Even Gonzalez is feisty and an aggressive tackler, even if he’s more finesse/coverage. 

Size:

1a) Porter Jr. 

1b) Gonzalez

1c) Banks

4) Witherspoon

Speed: 

1a) Banks - 4.35

1b) Gonzalez - 4.38

3a) Witherspoon - 4.42-4.46

3b) Porter Jr. - 4.46

All good here. 

Hips:

1) Gonzalez

2a) Witherspoon

2b) Banks

4) Porter Jr. 

Press Ability:

1a) Banks

1b) Porter Jr. 

3) Witherspoon

4) Gonzalez

Instincts: I’m not gonna rank this. Gonzalez, Witherspoon, and Banks have shown elite instincts. Porter Jr. has not. 

Pretty solid four prospects, can’t go wrong with any of them. Even Porter Jr. like someone said, his size and speed against Kelce might prove really useful. 

Banks ran 4.35 at the combine

Spoon ran 4.42 and 4.46 at his private workout for teams.

Edited by raidr4life

26 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Banks ran 4.35 at the combine

Spoon ran 4.42 and 4.46 at his private workout for teams.

Pretty standard to take off 0.05 to 0.07 off a Pro Day 40 or Private Workouts. Sometimes even a full 0.1 is appropriate. It’s no where near as accurate as combine 40’s and never will be. 

And I did just that for both Banks and Witherspoon. 0.05 - 0.07 from 4.35 on Banks and 0.05 - 0.07 from 4.42 on Witherspoon. And I love Banks, a lot. 

I still remember the 2020 Draft where there wasn’t a combine and every WR/CB and their mama ran a 4.3 lol. 

Edited by BayRaider

I didn’t realize Banks 40 was indeed AT the combine. I thought it was a Pro Day or Private Workout. I stand corrected. Banks is 4.35, actually legit combine number. Makes me like him even more. I will go edit my post. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

I also remember when Arnette ran a 4.56 at the combine and Mayock timed him at like 4.46 and everyone on the forum is like “he’s 4.4 speed!!!”. No he wasn’t lmao. Arnette was a clear Mid 4.5 guy on tape all day. Combine is the truth. Pro Day 40’s and Private Workout 40’s are not completely useless, they definitely run somewhere between 0.05 to 0.12 slower than their private time. It’s at least a decent baseline. Like if his Private Workout 40 is 4.45, his real speed definitely isn’t 4.65. 

Edited by BayRaider

53 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I also remember when Arnette ran a 4.56 at the combine and Mayock timed him at like 4.46 and everyone on the forum is like “he’s 4.4 speed!!!”. No he wasn’t lmao. Arnette was a clear Mid 4.5 guy on tape all day. Combine is the truth. Pro Day 40’s and Private Workout 40’s are not completely useless, they definitely run somewhere between 0.05 to 0.12 slower than their private time. It’s at least a decent baseline. Like if his Private Workout 40 is 4.45, his real speed definitely isn’t 4.65. 

I’m still convinced that the clock started early… I’m not saying he’s 4.4 speed or whatever and the dudes a maggot.. but either the person who made that slow mo tape faked the edit or my eyes are going bad.

and Mayock wasn’t the only one to time him at 4.4X there were several other teams who did to.

I think Arnette could have flinched his hand and it triggered the start…. That’s my theory.

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2020/05/03/report-rival-afc-team-timed-raiders-cb-damon-arnette-running-a-4-47-40-yard-dash/

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Pretty standard to take off 0.05 to 0.07 off a Pro Day 40 or Private Workouts. Sometimes even a full 0.1 is appropriate. It’s no where near as accurate as combine 40’s and never will be. 

And I did just that for both Banks and Witherspoon. 0.05 - 0.07 from 4.35 on Banks and 0.05 - 0.07 from 4.42 on Witherspoon. And I love Banks, a lot. 

I still remember the 2020 Draft where there wasn’t a combine and every WR/CB and their mama ran a 4.3 lol. 

Banks ran 4.35 at the combine official so why you adding to his? And I tend to believe private workout more than Pro day. Plenty of teams there to verify Witherspoon fast.

Edited by raidr4life

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

But the clock did actually start early

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

But the clock did actually start early

As it does for a ton of prospects… you fell for Arnette’s PR team quite hard. The combine 40 time is their speed, period. Just like if there’s an “injury” I don’t care, even if it’s documented. If he was truly injured he wouldn’t be running. It’s all PR cleanup. 

Edited by BayRaider

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

As it does for a ton of prospects… you fell for Arnette’s PR team quite hard. The combine 40 time is their speed, period. Just like if there’s an “injury” I don’t care, even if it’s documented. If he was truly injured he wouldn’t be running. It’s all PR cleanup. 

Lmao!

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

So you’re just making your own 40s now lol 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Geezy said:

So you’re just making your own 40s now lol 

No pretty common to take off at least 0.05 from non combine times, almost everyone does and knows that. Pro Day and Training Day 40’s are notorious for being inaccurate and faster than the combine. As for my own personal belief, I do think more than 0.05 is necessary sometimes. 

Edited by BayRaider