Which are you most concerned about going into this season? The Offense, or Defense?

Which side of the ball, concerns you the most?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which one makes ya nervous....?

• Offense
    • Defense
    • Both
    • Neither

20 hours ago, DCNative said:

Until Dean can't hit the field please stop excusing that we passed on him. 

I will voice my opinions as I please and have been on this board for 15 years plus. I would say quit acting like he’s the reincarnation of London Fletcher before he hits the field and shows he can ply as well. That point flys both ways! 😂 

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

I'm wayyyyyy more worried about D over O.

Even if Wentz isn't playing well, I believe we can lean on the running game with Gibson, McKissic, Patterson & now Robinson.

Sure, we may not win a bunch a games in this scenario, but they could possibly eat the clock out so we don't get embarrassed. Lol

Our Defense last year looked like a butterknife cutting through microwaved cream cheese. 

This Defense on paper, should be top 10 in the NFL.

Heck, even EA Sports/Madden22 has the oddasity to give our front 4 ridiculous ratings. Chase Young/X-factor, Sweat & Allen Superstar & Payne Star in development traits. They look like the fearsome foresome (Rams) in Madden.

Then, when you watch them on TV, they look like the 4 Musketeers giving each other reach arounds.

I better see the fearsome foresome this yr! 🔥

Our offense was below average last year, if Wentz as our QB w/ the additions of Dotson, Samuel staying healthy, BRob & Longan getting/staying healthy don’t improve it then we’ll be below average again on offense.

Wentz needs to at least play like middle of the season 2021 Wentz or 2018 & 2019 Wentz if we want to have a good offense & a winning record.

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I will voice my opinions as I please and have been on this board for 15 years plus. I would say quit acting like he’s the reincarnation of London Fletcher before he hits the field and shows he can ply as well. That point flys both ways! 😂 

Cool voice your opinion but HiM working out and participating in all drills like other rookies seems to suggest your and other's opinion are wrong. 

16 hours ago, DCNative said:

Cool voice your opinion but HiM working out and participating in all drills like other rookies seems to suggest your and other's opinion are wrong. 

True, that’s a fair point. Still not sure he’ll end up being better than Holcomb or Jamin Davis who will play 100% of the snaps for us at LB this year. The 3rd LB for us played just 25% of the snaps. The 3rd DT for us last year played 60% of the snaps. With that which the case, drafting a DT with a similar grade made sense. We’ll see if it pans out.

Edited by turtle28

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

True, that’s a fair point. Still not sure he’ll end up being better than Holcomb or Jamin Davis who will play 100% of the snaps for us at LB this year. The 3rd LB for us played just 25% of the snaps. The 3rd DT for us last year played 60% of the snaps. With that which the case, drafting a DT with a similar grade made sense. We’ll see if it pans out.

So what happens after Holecomb contract is up? What happens if he gets hurt? Mayo! A backup and just another Rivera guy. I'm not even gonna write about Davis. We saw what he did last year. Not impressed at all. That's a guy you need see how things pan out. I definitely am. Once again DT became a "need" once Rivera bet against no other team traded for Wentz.

Same reason they couldn't sign James Bradberry. 

8 hours ago, DCNative said:

So what happens after Holecomb contract is up? What happens if he gets hurt? Mayo! A backup and just another Rivera guy. I'm not even gonna write about Davis. We saw what he did last year. Not impressed at all. That's a guy you need see how things pan out. I definitely am. Once again DT became a "need" once Rivera bet against no other team traded for Wentz.

Same reason they couldn't sign James Bradberry. 

We’re on the same page about depth, they need better depth. Right now if Holcomb or Davis got hurt yes, Mayo would play almost 100% of the snaps with Hudson playing some on passing downs I guess. 

I’ve been clamoring for better depth for the linebacking corps for 3 years since Rivera got here and really for the previous 12 years before that since 2009, the year after Marcus Washington retired who they didn’t/couldn’t replace in 09 bc they overpaid for Haynesworth & didn’t draft a traditional 4-3 SLB type.

As far as Davis goes, only way we’re going to see if he’s hit the Choi’s is for him to play which he will this year. It seems they’re giving him every opportunity to be our starter st WLB w/ Hudson as his bsvk up, which is ttd right move IMO. What they need is an upgrade over Mayo as a veteran MLB/SLB type. My guess is they’ll Sign former Panther & Bill AJ Klein, Rivera & Hurney did draft him. He’d be a good veteran presence for Holcomb & Davis.

They couldn’t sign Bradberry bc they don’t have the cap space. 

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

We’re on the same page about depth, they need better depth. Right now if Holcomb or Davis got hurt yes, Mayo would play almost 100% of the snaps with Hudson playing some on passing downs I guess. 

I’ve been clamoring for better depth for the linebacking corps for 3 years since Rivera got here and really for the previous 12 years before that since 2009, the year after Marcus Washington retired who they didn’t/couldn’t replace in 09 bc they overpaid for Haynesworth & didn’t draft a traditional 4-3 SLB type.

As far as Davis goes, only way we’re going to see if he’s hit the Choi’s is for him to play which he will this year. It seems they’re giving him every opportunity to be our starter st WLB w/ Hudson as his bsvk up, which is ttd right move IMO. What they need is an upgrade over Mayo as a veteran MLB/SLB type. My guess is they’ll Sign former Panther & Bill AJ Klein, Rivera & Hurney did draft him. He’d be a good veteran presence for Holcomb & Davis.

They couldn’t sign Bradberry bc they don’t have the cap space. 

They don't have cap space because of the Wentz trade. Signing those other guys aren't better alternatives than drafting Dean, waiting for the Colts to release Wentz, waiting for the Watson situation to play out, now you have Mayfield available. They are in this situation because They made bad moves. Why can't you admit that? Don't defend the moves they made. Answer my question to the better decisions I suggested. 

1 hour ago, DCNative said:

They don't have cap space because of the Wentz trade. Signing those other guys aren't better alternatives than drafting Dean, waiting for the Colts to release Wentz, waiting for the Watson situation to play out, now you have Mayfield available. They are in this situation because They made bad moves. Why can't you admit that? Don't defend the moves they made. Answer my question to the better decisions I suggested. 

They do. They just refuse to create the space they can to do these things. Which tells me that they don't want to spend the $$. Not that they don't have the cap space to do it.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2022 at 12:48 AM, aceinthehouse said:

That's probably why I was very happy with the pick of S Percy Butler.

He was the 2nd fastest Safety in the draft at 4.36/40 & plays fast as well.

I'm really hoping he's starting at FS, with Cam Curl at SS. That will be huge in defending the long ball for us.

I like the little that I've seen out of Percy Butler. He pops out on the film and I can see why you are excited about him. But the odds are against him that a fourth rounder adds much value to the team. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

They do. They just refuse to create the space they can to do these things. Which tells me that they don't want to spend the $$. Not that they don't have the cap space to do it.

It tells me they’re not sold on Wentz being the answer despite what they say. They don’t want to expend him to free up $10 plus mil of cap space but creating guarantee/dead $ in his deal the next two years. If Wentz disappoints they want to be able to cut him after this year.

4 hours ago, taylor made said:

I like the little that I've seen out of Percy Butler. He pops out on the film and I can see why you are excited about him. But the odds are against him that a fourth rounder adds much value to the team. 

My expectation of Butler is as a special teams ace this year. Maybe he’ll play Buffalo nickel like Rivera has suggested is a possibility but I’d put more $ on Hudson playing Buffalo nickel or Curl playing Buffalo Nickel while Reaves comes in to play SS when they go to the 3 S look.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It tells me they’re not sold on Wentz being the answer despite what they say. They don’t want to expend him to free up $10 plus mil of cap space but creating guarantee/dead $ in his deal the next two years. If Wentz disappoints they want to be able to cut him after this year.

Thank goodness.  The only smart thing they have done.  You don't commit to a guy long term who has been rejected at his last two locations.  If we like him, we extend him next year.