Eagles sign CB James Bradberry

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Thank you for speaking it into existence

I didn't speak it into existence. It was the only logical conclusion. The Giants had multiple trade offers for him from teams, but Bradberry and his agent couldn't come to terms on a contract with any of them. That also pretty much eliminates those teams from signing him after he was cut. Which team needs a corner, but Schoen wouldn't engage in trade negotiations with? A divisional rival, namely the Eagles.

It stings less since I knew it would happen 2 weeks ago though. He matches up super well vs big WRs (Golladay), but struggles mightily against quicker, faster guys, especially if in man coverage. His top end speed is his biggest weakness. Still a good corner though.

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

I didn't speak it into existence. It was the only logical conclusion. The Giants had multiple trade offers for him from teams, but Bradberry and his agent couldn't come to terms on a contract with any of them. That also pretty much eliminates those teams from signing him after he was cut. Which team needs a corner, but Schoen wouldn't engage in trade negotiations with? A divisional rival, namely the Eagles.

It stings less since I knew it would happen 2 weeks ago though. He matches up super well vs big WRs (Golladay), but struggles mightily against quicker, faster guys, especially if in man coverage. His top end speed is his biggest weakness. Still a good corner though.

He is perfect for what the Eagles want to do in the secondary. A lot of zone coverage and 2 high safeties.

Too bad they still don't have any NFL safeties tho.....