Marion Barber found dead

chumpy

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/12/2022 at 4:08 PM, plan9misfit said:

Reports coming out today that he died due to heat stroke. Absolutely horrible.

My best friend died of heat stroke in summer of 2006. He came home from work (worked on oil pipelines in Kansas and Oklahoma) went to sleep on the couch, never woke up

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/10/2022 at 1:28 PM, TVScout said:

Ask Dallas94Ware. He brought it up.

Because Barber was an outstanding runner for this team and honoring his memory with talk of some of our greatest runs in team history - including Barbers Barbarian runs just seemed far more positive than just mourning his death. After my 3 year hiatus for health, I guess I just prefer to  celebrate the life than be sad over death.

1 hour ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Because Barber was an outstanding runner for this team and honoring his memory with talk of some of our greatest runs in team history - including Barbers Barbarian runs just seemed far more positive than just mourning his death. After my 3 year hiatus for health, I guess I just prefer to  celebrate the life than be sad over death.

Very well said. I have happy thoughts of watching Barber run.  And to this day still hate in the  coaching staff when they changed things up facing MYG in the playoffs that one year.  Previous in the two wins over them we held Barber back tell 2nd half. 

1 hour ago, quiller said:

Very well said. I have happy thoughts of watching Barber run.  And to this day still hate in the  coaching staff when they changed things up facing MYG in the playoffs that one year.  Previous in the two wins over them we held Barber back tell 2nd half. 

He was outstanding in the second half. He and Julius Jones made quite the pair for a little bit. On their own, either could be very hit or miss, and hot or cold. But together, they were quite the complimentary pair. Barber's second half - especially 4th quarter - running closed out a lot of tight games for those Romo-led squads, and shut down a lot of hopes for second half rallies in probably just as many games.

He was fierce at the finish, reliable (not good, but reliable) catching out of the backfield, and has some of this teams most historic runs to his credit. I truly believe it was Jason Garrett who ruined his career, forcing him into a feature role and pushing for Felix Jones over Mendenhall in the draft when Julius left. It was not a role suited for Marion. He was the football version of Mariano Rivera, the guy you call on to seal the deal...not the guy you call on to make the deal. 

Either way, too soon, too young can be said just as easily about his career as it can be about his life.