Houston Texans added as defendants in Deshaun Watson sexual misconduct civil trials

ET80

2 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Imagine being in fear and not a single woman calling the police...šŸ¤”

That is EXACTLY what happens based on data collected by various legal agencies. Roughly 31% are reported, the other 69% don't actually call anyone:

https://www.rainn.org/statistics/criminal-justice-system

But I'm sure none of this applies to Watson. Because, y'know... he can throw a football really good.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Snyder allegedly paid off an employee $1.6 million for sexual assault back in 2009 and refuses to appear before Congress. He got $10 million in fines. Heā€™s got to have skeletons on every owner in the league.

Oh and now a shadow investigation to bury the findings! The NFL has their balls in a vice here with a player and owner, and Snyder will burn it all to the ground. Iā€™m here for the anarchy.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ET80 said:

That is EXACTLY what happens based on data collected by various legal agencies. Roughly 31% are reported, the other 69% don't actually call anyone:

https://www.rainn.org/statistics/criminal-justice-system

But I'm sure none of this applies to Watson. Because, y'know... he can throw a football really good.

Sweet way of deflecting from the actual point...

Edited by MSURacerDT55

Just now, MSURacerDT55 said:

Sweet way to deflect from the actual point...

No... it covers your point exactly as you presented it.Ā You assume people would run to the police, when over 2/3rds of actual sexual assault never get reported to authorities.Ā 

I apologize that your argument is bad and factual data immediately disproves your statement, but that's what I do - prove people wrong with facts.

Hope you slept well!Ā 

• Like 2

Just now, ET80 said:

No... it covers your point exactly as you presented it.Ā You assume people would run to the police, when over 2/3rds of actual sexual assault never get reported to authorities.Ā 

I apologize that your argument is bad and factual data immediately disproves your statement, but that's what I do - prove people wrong with facts.

Hope you slept well!Ā 

You are talking all around the point, if all of these cases were so afraid (which said otherwise in the transcrips) why didn't at least ONE call the police or file a police report?

A single police report would have canned him, answer the question.

4 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

You are talking all around the point, if all of these cases were so afraid (which said otherwise in the transcrips) why didn't at least ONE call the police or file a police report?

You do know that at least 10 women have filed police reports against Watson right?

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

The more you talk, the more I realize you really haven't been following this case that intently. Because you'd know there were nine police reports filed in Harris County, and one filed in Brazora county.Ā 

So - 24 cases, 10 filed criminal complaints. 41% of the people accusing Watson of a crime pushed forward with criminal complaints, so Watson is actually getting criminal complaints at a 10% greater rate than the national average.

But, I'm sure this is more deflecting on my part - right? Perhaps you need to sleep more.

https://theathletic.com/news/deshaun-watson/UU5Zi5K0Zb26/

After the Harris County grand jury delivered its decision, prosecutor Johna Stallings said her office presented evidence and testimony related to nine of the 10 criminal complaints filed against Watson, but she declined to say what possible charges her office pursued. Court records show the Harris County grand jury declined to indict Watson on six counts of indecent assault, two counts of sexual assault and one count of attempted sexual assault.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Imagine being in fear and not a single woman calling the police...šŸ¤”

That happens the majority of the time.Ā  Here, they're in a small enclosed space with an NFL athlete who just allegedly did what he's accused of.Ā  You, MSU, would be too scared to call the police.Ā  And afterwards, you think it only happened to you and there's no point in coming forward to get humiliated in a he-said-she-said situation.

As I said before, if Buzbee is holding 4 cases for trial, that's very not good for Watson.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

The more you talk, the more I realize you really haven't been following this case that intently. Because you'd know there were nine police reports filed in Harris County, and one filed in Brazora county.Ā 

So - 24 cases, 10 filed criminal complaints. 41% of the people accusing Watson of a crime pushed forward with criminal complaints, so Watson is actually getting criminal complaints at a 10% greater rate than the national average.

But, I'm sure this is more deflecting on my part - right? Perhaps you need to sleep more.

https://theathletic.com/news/deshaun-watson/UU5Zi5K0Zb26/

After the Harris County grand jury delivered its decision, prosecutor Johna Stallings said her office presented evidence and testimony related to nine of the 10 criminal complaints filed against Watson, but she declined to say what possible charges her office pursued. Court records show the Harris County grand jury declined to indict Watson on six counts of indecent assault, two counts of sexual assault and one count of attempted sexual assault.

So only 10 of the complaints are true???

Ā 

@MSURacerDT55 you still have 16 complaints that are obvious fakes, Watson stopped at 10 I guess.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dome said:

So only 10 of the complaints are true???

Ā 

@MSURacerDT55 you still have 16 complaints that are obvious fakes, Watson stopped at 10 I guess.

I'm just waiting for him to mention that the Grand Jury didn't convict. I've got a war chest of information on that!

10 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

That happens the majority of the time.Ā  Here, they're in a small enclosed space with an NFL athlete who just allegedly did what he's accused of.Ā  You, MSU, would be too scared to call the police.Ā  And afterwards, you think it only happened to you and there's no point in coming forward to get humiliated in a he-said-she-said situation.

As I said before, if Buzbee is holding 4 cases for trial, that's very not good for Watson.

Then why even take the money, you would decline the service if they were "so scared'.

He didn't hold a gun to their heads and make them do the service, they could have blocked him, or even ignored the inbox.

I'm sorry, I just don't buy that. You all are painting all of these grey area scenarios.

Edited by MSURacerDT55

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm just waiting for him to mention that the Grand Jury didn't convict. I've got a war chest of information on that!

You are taking this way too personal,listen to yourself, its like you are getting paid for this. Your life is going to be the same if he plays or if he doesn't.Ā 

As a matter of fact, I'm done, its not that serious, none of this is.....Ā 

9 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Then why even take the money, you would decline the service if they were "so scared'.

I'm sorry, I just don't buy that. You all are painting all of these grey area scenarios.

Well, let's ask HPD Det. Kamisha Baker - the lead detective on this case, a decorated and battle hardened Sex Crimes detective with HPD:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/06/15/deshaun-watson-cases-houston-pd-detective-testified-believes-he-committed-crimes

A Houston Police Department detective who investigated all 10 criminal cases against Deshaun Watson recently testified that she believed theĀ BrownsĀ quarterback did commit crimes, according to the pretrial deposition transcript obtained byĀ USA TodayĀ andĀ Yahoo Sports.Ā 

The detective,Ā Kamesha Baker, also said under oath that she did not know why the two grand juries did not indict the former Texans star.Ā 

Baker was reportedly not called to testify in front of the Harris County grand jury despite sharing her opinion with theĀ District Attorneyā€™s Office. According toĀ USA Today, Baker felt Watson ā€œcommitted criminal indecent assault, sexual assault and prostitution in cases where money was exchanged and there was consensual sex.ā€

Baker was reportedly not called to testify in front of the Harris County grand jury despite sharing her opinion with theĀ District Attorneyā€™s Office. According toĀ USA Today, Baker felt Watson ā€œcommitted criminal indecent assault, sexual assault and prostitution in cases where money was exchanged and there was consensual sex.ā€

This was all submitted under oath, so she's either telling the truth - or she's in cahoots with the other 26.Ā 

Is that still gray to you?

• Like 1

Just now, MSURacerDT55 said:

You are taking this way too personal,listen to yourself, its like you are getting paid for this. Your life is going to be the same if he plays or if he doesn't.Ā 

Perhaps. Doesn't make me wrong.

And as I said in the beginning of our discussion today:

41 minutes ago, ET80 said:

When you love what you do... every day is a vacation.

Now, go take a nap and reflect on what you learned today!

• Like 1