NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

The free agent class is terrible and most teams are strapped for cash so I think he'll garner a lot of trade interest. I could see the Knicks, Lakers, Heat, Clippers, and Mavericks all being interested in making a run at him. Even if you don't love his attitude he's still one of the elite scorers in the NBA that has shown he can perform under the brightest lights. 

Knicks, Lakers, and Clippers were the 3 teams I was mentioning.  Think Miami probably isn't fond of him unless they're getting a sweetheart deal.  Not sure Dallas is going to be in on him.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Knicks, Lakers, and Clippers were the 3 teams I was mentioning.  Think Miami probably isn't fond of him unless they're getting a sweetheart deal.  Not sure Dallas is going to be in on him.

Miami is believed to have some level of interest in joining the chase for Irving — should the Nets reach the point of actively trying to trade him — and would figure to be a more legitimate landing spot than the teams initially mentioned given the Heat’s various trade assets. While it certainly ranks as another strain on the imagination to try to picture Irving finding daily comfort in Pat Riley’s rigid South Beach operation, it’s likewise true that the Heat have never shied away from the starriest of stars or personalities painted as challenging

Jovan Buha: Rob Pelinka says the Lakers haven’t made a decision on their team options for Austin Reaves, Stanley Johnson and Wenyen Gabriel. Pelinka said all three have been working out at the Lakers’ facility and he’s seen growth and progress from all three under Darvin Ham already.

14 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

Story out about the Spurs-Hawks, Murray-Collins trade. There was a third team involved, pretty much assumed Kings, SA was to receive atleast four 1sts, Murray was headed to ATL and Collins to that third team. No other real details. Pick protections and potential pick swaps stalled the trade, SA didn’t want it, other two teams did. 

I don't even know why a team is that interested in 1sts if they are lottery protected.  No amount of picks in the teens is going to make a smart team pass on a much better prospect.   "Sure, i'll pass on this generational prospect for 6 Ochai Agbaji's."

12 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Kyrie's missed 1/3 of his career games. You cannot rely on him. If I'm the Nets, I try to recoup the picks that you sent out for Harden by moving out Kyrie and KD.

They desperately don't want to do it, but they need to rebuild and look stupid with all those picks they traded away when other teams get those top picks.  Durant/Kyrie/Simmons isn't getting them a ring.  Durant is getting older, Kyrie can't be relied upon, and Simmons is the epitome of mentally soft.

2 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I don't even know why a team is that interested in 1sts if they are lottery protected.  No amount of picks in the teens is going to make a smart team pass on a much better prospect.   "Sure, i'll pass on this generational prospect for 6 Ochai Agbaji's."

Most of the time the protections lessen overtime so even if the team doesn't receive them immediately the hope is that the team they received the pick is on the decline when they do. Like the Rockets took over control of the Nets first round picks until like 2027 which looked meh at the time but if Kyrie/KD demand out could be very lucrative very quickly.

And the Cavaliers just passed on AJ Griffin for Ochai Agbaji...

Just now, THE DUKE said:

They desperately don't want to do it, but they need to rebuild and look stupid with all those picks they traded away when other teams get those top picks.  Durant/Kyrie/Simmons isn't getting them a ring.  Durant is getting older, Kyrie can't be relied upon, and Simmons is the epitome of mentally soft.

Kyrie - Harris - Durant - Simmons - Someone decent 

Is good enough to be a contender for sure, Simmons is very good and so is Harris. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Kyrie - Harris - Durant - Simmons - Someone decent 

Is good enough to be a contender for sure, Simmons is very good and so is Harris. 

They'd be a playoff team, but I can't see that team winning it all.  And what are the odds all three of Kyrie, Durant, and Simmons all make it through a postseason healthy, productive, and mentally locked in?

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The free agent class is terrible and most teams are strapped for cash so I think he'll garner a lot of trade interest. I could see the Knicks, Lakers, Heat, Clippers, and Mavericks all being interested in making a run at him. Even if you don't love his attitude he's still one of the elite scorers in the NBA that has shown he can perform under the brightest lights. 

I could see the Knicks chasing Kyrie because they are stupid

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

They'd be a playoff team, but I can't see that team winning it all.  And what are the odds all three of Kyrie, Durant, and Simmons all make it through a postseason healthy, productive, and mentally locked in?

If KD was one shoe size smaller they would've beaten the Bucks last season. Durant/Kyrie were healthy for the playoffs this year and Simmons has been relatively healthy throughout his career before this season.