NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

Pistons doing anything they can by taking Burks, Noel, and Kemba to ensure the Knicks can overpay Brunson.

The Knicks essentially traded the 11th/13th picks, Kemba, Burks, and Noel to pay Brunson $25M+

Edited by NYRaider

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Pistons doing anything they can by taking Burks, Noel, and Kemba to ensure the Pistons can overpay Brunson.

The Knicks essentially traded the 11th/13th picks, Kemba, Burks, and Noel to pay Brunson $25M+

how did you edit this and still get it wrong

28 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Do you think Kyle Anderson walks and if so what kind of deal will he get? @seminoles1

Yeah, I think Kyle is gone. Financial decisions are already being made for future contracts and Memphis already has multiple potential replacements on the roster. If it comes down to it then Memphis would pick Tyus over Kyle, and I think that's what it'll come down to in the end. Already lost Melton and Kyle is much more expendable than Tyus.

I'd guess he gets the non-tax MLE.

Brunson | Rose
Fournier | Quickley
Barrett | Reddish
Randle | Toppin
Robinson (MLE???) | Gibson

That team doesn't even make the play-in lol. They basically just replace Burks with Brunson since Kemba was benched and Noel played like 20 games.

• Like 1

Why would the Pistons do that? With extending a QO to Bagley and picking up Diallo’s option we are now over the cap.  So much space and wasted on Kemba and these bums?  It would be different if they were expiring but they are just trash players with 2 and 3 years remaining. 

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Why would the Pistons do that? With extending a QO to Bagley and picking up Diallo’s option we are now over the cap.  So much space and wasted on Kemba and these bums?  It would be different if they were expiring but they are just trash players with 2 and 3 years remaining. 

Burks isn't trash. He's a good 3&D piece. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

kemba is getting bought out and burks and noel both have team options for next year

the latter two, burks especially, could actually be good players for this group and weaver might still move them at the deadline

12 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

olynyk is definitely on his way out me thinks

I’d rather pay and play Olynyk than Noel and Burks.  10M a year for two years of a 31 year old Burks and 10M for two more years of Noel is worse than paying Olynyk.  At least he can step outside and hit a shot. 

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I’d rather pay and play Olynyk than Noel and Burks.  10M a year for two years of a 31 year old Burks and 10M for two more years of Noel is worse than paying Olynyk.  At least he can step outside and hit a shot. 

You do realize Burks is a 40% 3 pt shooter, right? He's a good fit with Cade and Ivey. 

Just now, catcheryea said:

kemba is getting bought out and burks and noel both have team options for next year

the latter two, burks especially, could actually be good players for this group and weaver might still move them at the deadline

I know Kemba is being bought out and brought us Duren.  These guys will do nothing for us.  Diallo is a younger version of Burks and Noel plays a little D but with Duren, Bagley and Stewart we don’t need another offensively challenged big. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

You do realize Burks is a 40% 3 pt shooter, right? He's a good fit with Cade and Ivey. 

He is a backup 2 guard. We just dumped the rest of our cap space on a back up SG and a C who shouldn’t get minutes on a young team. Burks might be ok, but he isn’t good enough for that contract or to take on Noel.