Jump to content
titansNvolsR#1

WK 11: Titans (6-3) at Steelers (7-2) TNF!

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Yeah. Some salty cats in that subforum. They spend more time talking Titans than Jags sometimes.

To be fair though, if the Jags were to implode against the Browns, I'd be celebrating pretty hard on Sunday afternoon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

so much blame needs to be put on players, like @Titan89 wrote out. But damn -- do we gameplan at all? Do we identify clear weaknesses in the opponent and expose? Because it sure doesn't seem like it. Great teams need to adapt and gameplan. We bash our heads into the wall Game after game. Sometimes the wall is paper thin and we can break through easily. Most times it's like against Pitt or Cleveland

I have been saying that for weeks. But apparently you are a hater if you say it while the team has a winning record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

It sucks getting out butts whooped, but that's the NFL. Pitt is awesome, it was on the road, short week. We still control our own destiny after 10 games. Gotta love that 

 

so much blame needs to be put on players, like @Titan89 wrote out. But damn -- do we gameplan at all? Do we identify clear weaknesses in the opponent and expose? Because it sure doesn't seem like it. Great teams need to adapt and gameplan. We bash our heads into the wall Game after game. Sometimes the wall is paper thin and we can break through easily. Most times it's like against Pitt or Cleveland

I agree that the main problem with our offense is the lack of attacking a team. We just calling plays it seems. Hoping they work. Rather than do something crazy like attack the weakest CB. Offense depends so much on it's scheme working. Rather than just trying to find ways to get the ball to certain players. You can tell, at least it feels like, that Pittsburgh was going to find ways to get Brown the ball no matter what.

While in our offense, it would have been, the reads never took the QB to him. 
Not in the headquarters, but it feels that way at time.  
I know we find ways to get the ball to Walker and Matthews, but dont seem to take advantage of the other guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I agree that the main problem with our offense is the lack of attacking a team. We just calling plays it seems. Hoping they work. Rather than do something crazy like attack the weakest CB. Offense depends so much on it's scheme working. Rather than just trying to find ways to get the ball to certain players. You can tell, at least it feels like, that Pittsburgh was going to find ways to get Brown the ball no matter what.

While in our offense, it would have been, the reads never took the QB to him. 
Not in the headquarters, but it feels that way at time.  
I know we find ways to get the ball to Walker and Matthews, but dont seem to take advantage of the other guys.

That's a bit unreasonable. Basically no other player will see the amount of action Brown does (at least on our roster) because no other player is Antonio Brown. They have a quarterback who can call the plays from the line of scrimmage, because he's smart and experienced enough to read and pick apart most defenses like that. He also has very arguably the most talented WR in the league who he can trust to dominate his matchup when he wants to go to him with the ball, against just about anyone he could face. Pretty much what happened IIRC on that helmet TD catch. Still, as individually talented as they are, and they're among the top 3 or so teams in the league in that regard, they very much underachieved badly, offensively. I'm pretty sure before the game they were ranked below us as a scoring offense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2017 at 6:36 PM, titans0021 said:

To be fair though, if the Jags were to implode against the Browns, I'd be celebrating pretty hard on Sunday afternoon.

I went in the Browns forum to wish them luck on Sunday and one of the Jags fans started coming at me just for wishing them luck. Most of the Jags fans really are an angry bunch. xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

I went in the Browns forum to wish them luck on Sunday and one of the Jags fans started coming at me just for wishing them luck. Most of the Jags fans really are an angry bunch. xD

I have maybe been in the jags forum three times in the 10+ years I've been on this site and I don't think I've ever posted in there

it's like the jags fans on this site all get notifications whenever an anti-jag post is made on FF and they all freak out and get butt hurt

ive come to grips with the fact that we are a loser franchise. jags fans are taking a bit longer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×