2023 NBA Draft Discussion Thread

Texansfan713

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

definitely top 10.  Not sure about top 5.  Dont see how he jumps Miller, Amen and possibly Cam. 

I'm glad he starting to come along strong.  We will need this type of play in the tourny.

If he continues to shoot as well as he has been lately I think he'll definitely enter the discussion at the top of the draft. Miller is way older and has self-creation concerns, Amen cannot shoot at all and is playing in the OTE, and Cam is so-so shooting the ball / creating as well. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

If he continues to shoot as well as he has been lately I think he'll definitely enter the discussion at the top of the draft. Miller is way older and has self-creation concerns, Amen cannot shoot at all and is playing in the OTE, and Cam is so-so shooting the ball / creating as well. 

whitmore is also definitely lying about his height

i might take walker at 3 right now

23 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

whitmore is also definitely lying about his height

i might take walker at 3 right now

I think it's clearly Vic / Scoot in their own tiers respectively. But after that it's kind of hard to separate the next tier: Amen, Ausar, Miller, Whitmore, Smith Jr, and Walker. 

Admittedly haven't done a lot of stuff yet on the 23 class but just from watching Brandon Miller, I'd peg him as my #3 behind the two obvious guys. He's long as hell, can shoot and has a chance to be a star scorer at the next level. He's what everyone thinks Jabari Smith is/was offensively.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Admittedly haven't done a lot of stuff yet on the 23 class but just from watching Brandon Miller, I'd peg him as my #3 behind the two obvious guys. He's long as hell, can shoot and has a chance to be a star scorer at the next level. He's what everyone thinks Jabari Smith is/was offensively.

I think he has a pretty high floor too, he can shoot the hell out of the ball. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think he has a pretty high floor too, he can shoot the hell out of the ball. 

Yep. I was admittedly down on Jabari Smith last year, who is a similar mold of player, but Miller's shown stuff consistently that Smith never did. He's a great shooter (44% on 7+ 3s a game is wild) and he can get downhill consistently, or at least tries, unlike Jabari at Auburn.

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yep. I was admittedly down on Jabari Smith last year, who is a similar mold of player, but Miller's shown stuff consistently that Smith never did. He's a great shooter (44% on 7+ 3s a game is wild) and he can get downhill consistently, or at least tries, unlike Jabari at Auburn.

Jabari took 15% of his shots at the rim, Miller has taken nearly 30% of his shots at the rim this season. He's not a great creator but he understands that his shots need to come at the rim or from 3. Only 17% of his FGA have been mid-range shots compared to 41% for Jabari last season.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

he's miles better as a creator than jabari but he still doesn't actually create a lot of separation and he plays way below the rim which for a guy his size is concerning

he's also 6 months older than jabari and almost a year older than jalen duren

1 minute ago, catcheryea said:

he's miles better as a creator than jabari but he still doesn't actually create a lot of separation and he plays way below the rim which for a guy his size is concerning

he's also 6 months older than jabari and almost a year older than jalen duren

No, but he still attacks unlike Jabari and uses his length to finish. If he had the blow by ability of a Durant, he wouldn't be behind Scoot. Age doesn't matter. Play style matters more than age. Jabari could've been 16 last year and I wouldn't have cared. Why? He was too damn passive. That's not something that's easily coached out. LIS last year and I stand by it now, he's going to be Marvin Williams v2.0. He doesn't have that "it" factor that Miller possesses. 

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

No, but he still attacks unlike Jabari and uses his length to finish. If he had the blow by ability of a Durant, he wouldn't be behind Scoot. Age doesn't matter. Play style matters more than age. Jabari could've been 16 last year and I wouldn't have cared. Why? He was too damn passive. That's not something that's easily coached out. LIS last year and I stand by it now, he's going to be Marvin Williams v2.0. He doesn't have that "it" factor that Miller possesses. 

Miller reminds me of Paul George coming out of Fresno State.

• Like 1