Bold Predictions for 2022 Fantasy Season

NYRaider

What are some of your bold predictions for this season? Some of mine:

• Gabe Davis finishes above Stefon Diggs in the PPR format on the year. 

• AJ Dillon finishes above Aaron Jones in the PPR format on the year. 

• Robert Woods is a top 15 WR. 

• Courtland Sutton, Gabe Davis, and Hollywood Brown are the 3 breakout WRs of the year. 

• Jerry Jeudy isn't a top 50 WR this season.

• Travis Etienne finish the season as a top 10 RB in PPR. 

• James Conner isn't a top 15 RB this year.

D'Andre Swift will be one of the most disappointing early RB's in fantasy this year. Almost all of his value stemmed from Anthony Lynn's system using the RB's so much in the passing game once he left they stopped throwing the ball to their RBs as much. And now that they've added DJ Chark/Jameson Williams he's going to have way more competition for targets between those two and ASB/Hockenson. 

RB’s:

Najee Harris finishes as RB1

Taylor finishes as RB2

McCaffrey finishes as RB3

Lenny finishes as RB4

Eckler finishes as RB5.

Mixon finishes as RB6. 

Henry finishes as RB7. 

Chubb finishes as RB8. 

Aaron Jones finishes as RB9. 

Breece Hall finishes as RB10.

Cam Akers finishes as RB11. 

WR’s:

Justin Jefferson finishes as WR1, by far. Not close. 

DaVante Adams finishes as WR2

Cooper Kupp finishes as WR3. 

Terry McLaurin finishes as WR4.

Courtland Sutton finishes as WR5. 

JaMarr Chase finishes as WR6. 

Michael Pittman finishes as WR7. 

Keenan Allen finishes as WR8. 

Hollywood Brown finishes as WR9. 

Stefon Diggs finishes 12th or worse, making him a 1st/2nd round bust. 

TE’s:

Kelce reclaims TE1. 

Kittle finishes as TE2.

Andrews finishes as TE3. 

Pitts finishes as TE4.

Schultz finishes as TE5. 

Waller finishes as TE6. 

Knox finishes as TE7. 

Engram finishes as TE8 (not many expecting this)

Hockenson finishes at TE9.

Edited by BayRaider

My QB Finishes is where it gets pretty bold:

1) Josh Allen

2) Lamar Jackson

3) Russell Wilson

4) Trey Lance

5) Justin Herbert

6) Patrick Mahomes

7) Kirk Cousins

8 ) Kyler Murray

9) Joe Burrow

10) Derek Carr

11) Trevor Lawrence

12) Dak Prescott

13) Matt Stafford

14) Jalen Hurts

15) Tom Brady

16) Matt Ryan

17) Carson Wentz

18) Aaron Rodgers

19) Tua

20) Justin Fields

21) Zach Wilson

22) Davis Mills

23) Mac Jones

24) Baker Mayfield (if he joins Seattle. If he joins Carolina, he's more like 29)

25) Jared Goff

26) Ryan Tannehil

27) Daniel Jones

28) Kenny Pickett (Should be starting by Week 4, if not by Week 1. Lots of weapons)

Edited by BayRaider

On 6/25/2022 at 6:45 AM, NYRaider said:

D'Andre Swift will be one of the most disappointing early RB's in fantasy this year. Almost all of his value stemmed from Anthony Lynn's system using the RB's so much in the passing game once he left they stopped throwing the ball to their RBs as much. And now that they've added DJ Chark/Jameson Williams he's going to have way more competition for targets between those two and ASB/Hockenson. 

I think health is his biggest factor.  We did add weapons which should unload the box a little.  But also are getting our pro bowl C back who missed the whole year and Sewell will have a year under his belt.  I think he will be a top 10 RB if he stays healthy given our O Line and weapons but he has never proven he can stay healthy. 

I think Kyle PItts will take off this year and be TE1 or 2.  He was just behind Kelce in yards last year but only had 1 TD.  If he gets that number to 7/8 and increases his catches a little, he will be battling for that top spot.  Adding London helps take some pressure off of him but he still will be one of the only targets in ATL, even with Mariotta running the show. 

I think Mitch Trubisky wins the QB job in Pitt and finishes as a top 20 QB.  I know that isnt bold, but I think he has some talent still and finally has stability in coaching as a potential starter. Plus what he learned last year in Buffalo. I think he gets to earn some real value and he is the QB teams are looking to trade for next year when they move onto Pickett. 

Antonio Gibson finally breaks out and finishes as a top 10 RB like he was supposed to last year. 

JK Dobbins finishes as a top 12 RB this year. 

23 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think health is his biggest factor.  We did add weapons which should unload the box a little.  But also are getting our pro bowl C back who missed the whole year and Sewell will have a year under his belt.  I think he will be a top 10 RB if he stays healthy given our O Line and weapons but he has never proven he can stay healthy. 

The majority of Swift's fantasy value came from his work as a WR and with increased target competition plus Lynn being gone I think he'll see a pretty significant decrease in his work in the passing game. With his tendency to get hurt I also think that we'll see a lot more Jamal Williams this year to keep him fresh.

12 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think Kyle PItts will take off this year and be TE1 or 2.  He was just behind Kelce in yards last year but only had 1 TD.  If he gets that number to 7/8 and increases his catches a little, he will be battling for that top spot.  Adding London helps take some pressure off of him but he still will be one of the only targets in ATL, even with Mariotta running the show.  

I personally think Mark Andrews will be the TE1 by a pretty wide margin this year. Pitts is someone that scares me to be honest, Ryan isn't what he once was but he's still a good player. Mariota never put up prolific passing numbers as a starter in Tennessee, is injury prone, and even if he's healthy I think Ridder eventually takes over as the starter at some point.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I personally think Mark Andrews will be the TE1 by a pretty wide margin this year. Pitts is someone that scares me to be honest, Ryan isn't what he once was but he's still a good player. Mariota never put up prolific passing numbers as a starter in Tennessee, is injury prone, and even if he's healthy I think Ridder eventually takes over as the starter at some point.

Delanie Walker was a top 5 and 7 TE his two years with Mariota.  He averaged 110 targets, 70 catches and 800 yards with 5 TDs.  I think Pitts is significantly more talented than Walker, and has nothing else around him to eat into target share. 

4 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think Mitch Trubisky wins the QB job in Pitt and finishes as a top 20 QB.  I know that isnt bold, but I think he has some talent still and finally has stability in coaching as a potential starter. Plus what he learned last year in Buffalo. I think he gets to earn some real value and he is the QB teams are looking to trade for next year when they move onto Pickett. 

Antonio Gibson finally breaks out and finishes as a top 10 RB like he was supposed to last year. 

JK Dobbins finishes as a top 12 RB this year. 

London is definitely going to massively eat into Pitts target share, he’s the most polished 1st Round WR by far. Plus way worse QB in Mariota/Ridder. Way worse. Also, Pitts TE schedule is third toughest among TE’s. 

On 6/25/2022 at 6:45 AM, NYRaider said:

You gonna break my heart with this.....

• 1 month later...