Honest critical assessment of your teams top young talent

NJC33

Young may be a bit relative here but:

Hunter Renfrow: honestly, just keep grinding. Limited skill set, but gets the max out of it. 

RBs: in general, someone just needs to take over. I don't have a lot of faith in Josh Jacobs, mostly due to constant injury issues. 

OL: Miller seems just fine. Parham is a rookie unknown. Andre James needs to show that his late season improvement carries over. Mr. Leatherwood needs to show he belongs on an NFL field. 

TE: Moreau has talent, just not much usage behind Waller. Should change under McDaniels. 

DL: show us anything. Max Crosby should feast. 

LB: the only really young one with a lot of probable upside is Deablo. Switched to LB last year and did fine. 

CBs: Hobbs seems like a potential stud at NCB. Mullens needs to stay healthy, but he's an ok #2. We brought in quite a few bodies, with Ya-Sin likely being the CB1. No idea how he'll do. 

S: Moehrig seems like he'll be solid. I want to see more ball hawking from him. The SS spot is up in the air. Abram is terrible and his replacements are older. 

Our young talent is sort of a mixed bag of high potential and near-bust status. Renfrow, Miller, and Crosby have shown improvement each year. Mr. Leatherwood and Abram are bordering on bust level. Mullen is ok, but hurt a lot. Everyone else it's too early to tell (2021 and 22 rookies that haven't been trash) or they're stuck in neutral (Jacobs, Moreau) for some reason. 

COMMANDERS

QB: Most comfortable QB rotation we've had in a very, very long time. All are also fairly  young. Wentz & Heinike are both just 29 & Sam Howell is just 21. Most expect Wentz to fail here, but I'm expecting him to flourish. (Actually, I'm expecting him to have a cookout of crow for everyone to take part in) but that's for another thread. But in the chance I'm wrong & "they" are right? Heinike can win games for this team. He led victories over the Raiders & Bucs last year with a plethora of injuries on this team. Could he win some games with the #1 easiest schedule in the league? I believe so. And Sam Howell? I know very little about this dude. However, I've heard from many people that have said we got the best QB in the draft. I'm like "really"? "In the 5th round"? So even if "they" are not crazy wrong? I'd say we are in decent shape at QB at least for this coming season.

RB: We're young & talented here as well. We've got a strong 3-RB rotation with Gibson (24), McKissic (28) & rookie Brian Robinson at (23). Although, I'm expecting us to be a more 60-40 pass vs run team. I'm expecting all 3 RB's to get significant playing time considering their roles. I think Robinson is a true 3-down back & Gibson & McKissic fit more in a 3rd down back type set for passing situations. I don't believe for a minute we will lead in any RB category in stats, but I do believe all 3 will get their fair share & be successful as a whole unit. Basically....I believe our passing game will open up the running game & not vice versa.

WR: So you're dumbfounded on why I believe Wentz is going to shred the league this year? Well, don't be. This is why... Washington's WR core is gonna be lethal! Scary Terry at the #1 spot. Then we have a healthy Curtis Samuels & Scary Terry's literal clone in rookie 1st Rd pick Jahan Dotson. Don't sleep on Dyami Brown & Cam Sims either. Am I saying Washington is 5 deep at the WR position? That's exactly what I'm saying! This is best unit Wentz has EVER had. They are fast & they a run good routes as well. They will offer Wentz a chance for the long ball. Which is by definition? His best QB skill trait. Oh....did I mention they are ALL young. Terry McLaurin is the oldest at 26.

TE: Very talented TE unit here. Logan Thomas is recovering from his injury last year. Bates did an admiral job at filling in. We have quite a few prospects battling it out in camp, but the one standout to keep an eye on is Rookie Cole Turner. This 6'6" 250 LB TE was Carson Strong's main target in College. I'm expecting him to eventually become the star TE for the team, but he'll have to wait his turn for now. All in all, we're in pretty good shape at this position.

OL: If there's any question mark I have for this team, it's right here. We let Brandon Scherff walk who was our Pro Bowl player along the line. Now, we added pieces to fill any gaps we have like Trai Turner & Andrew Norwell. So I'm hopefull they can & will keep Wentz upright. But I'm concerned about the depth we have in case of injuries. We've got a good Center in Chase Roullier, but he's battling an injury from last year as well. I like our squad & think they play well as a unit, but there isn't any 1 player that stands out & makes you think elite. We are young at this position as a whole, but can they continue to play well without Scherff will be the main question? Because if Wentz fails? This will be the reason why. Not because there wasn't enough skill position players on the field. One thing that should be noted....this group pass blocked a lot better for Heinike, than the Colts O-line did for Wentz last year. If they continue that trend, than I will have no more worries.

I'll work on Defense later...I'll edit it here.

CD has inconsistent hands.

Schultz sucks at blocking.

Almost all of the mid round OL we have drafted the last few years have not developed the way we hoped.

LVE is crazy inconsistent. All pro rookie, bad stretch, was a top ~5 LB the final 10 games of last year. WTH?!?

Kearse has only done it 1 year. Parsons has only done it 1 year. Parsons has only done it 1 year. Brown was really solid.. just for 1 year.

Packers:  

I only consider the team to have 4 top young talents.  I am taking only guys on their first contracts, and rookies are all projection at this point.  Other young players don't really make the cut for being "top" players in my estimation.  

RB AJ Dillon - Very good RB, and a fan favorite.  He is a tank.  He catches the ball better than he was supposed to.  I don't think he is ever going to be the top tier, all-pro, first pick in fantasy football RB.  Probably tops out at good-very good.  I think he is what we wanted Eddie Lacy to be.

EDGE Rashan Gary - He just keeps getting better, and he works extremely hard to improve.  He is good against the run, and good at rushing the passer.  He was very raw as a prospect, and his early stats show this.  He should not be dropping into coverage.  He still has a lot of potential, but in order to be considered one of the top pass rushers in the league, he is going to have to break out even more.  

OL Elgton Jenkins - The only real question here is how well he comes back from a torn ACL.  He has played every position on the offensive line, and he is good at all of them as well.  Absolute steal of a second round pick.

CB Eric Stokes - He is as fast as advertised.  He was also better in coverage than advertised.  He doesn't get ints.

• Like 1