UPDATED: Future Head Coaching Options Discussion

G08

8 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Yah man. Taking care of wife with food poisoning, two kids under 4 with HFM, and that list was still the sickest thing I've seen

You have my condolences. Had wife and one daughter (age 6) with strep and my son (age 7) had croup right before Thanksgiving.  Baby just was starved for attention with the wife sleeping whenever she wasn't feeding her so little miss never left my arms.

Actually not that bad, essentially very much like having a buddy too hungover to do anything but sleep for 15hrs out if the day. Kids and I smoked a bunch of fish filets, read a lot of books, and put up shelves.  Youngest is a little bummed she has to be "football girl” instead of "football baby" .  She and I are going to x mas Eve party a little late so we can watch Bears tomorrow.  Honestly, between that and my very seasonal work schedule, the Bears could punt on first down every time and I would still probably watch. Nice to sit down for a bit!

Hope you get some sleep Suga, that's just enough time between kids to forget!

23 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Be a change from being 1 pick right before us.

Aaron Donald, Leonard Williams, Jack Conklin, Myles Garrett.  Granted, the last two were while we traded up, but the point still stands.

To be fair... in 2014 we also had Ryan Shazier picked immediately after us.... 2015 had Vic Beasley right after us.... 2016 you can make a better argument with Conklin, but I also remember very few people being a fan of his going into that draft (I was, but admittedly almost entirely based off his PFF stats)... and we where much further away from the elite talent in that draft (Bosa/Ramsey/Elliiot)

Having a 1 pick advantage only matters when you don't suck at making the pick to begin with.

Just now, Epyon said:

To be fair... in 2014 we also had Ryan Shazier picked immediately after us.... 2015 had Vic Beasley right after us.... 2016 you can make a better argument with Conklin, but I also remember very few people being a fan of his going into that draft (I was, but admittedly almost entirely based off his PFF stats)... and we where much further away from the elite talent in that draft (Bosa/Ramsey/Elliiot)

Having a 1 pick advantage only matters when you don't suck at making the pick to begin with.

I was a huge fan of Conklin and thought he was vastly underrated, and was belting about how he was superior to Ronnie Stanley during the college season, had a few arguments on the old forum over it. lol.

You make a valid point though, I just like to have all options available when the pick is up.

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

Actually not that bad, essentially very much like having a buddy too hungover to do anything but sleep for 15hrs out if the day. Kids and I smoked a bunch of fish filets, read a lot of books, and put up shelves.  Youngest is a little bummed she has to be "football girl” instead of "football baby" .  She and I are going to x mas Eve party a little late so we can watch Bears tomorrow.  Honestly, between that and my very seasonal work schedule, the Bears could punt on first down every time and I would still probably watch. Nice to sit down for a bit!

Hope you get some sleep Suga, that's just enough time between kids to forget!

Sleep. Oh how I miss it. 

I'm on vacation in Fort Myers right now. We have been to the beach 4 of the last 5 days and a big fleamarket then puttputt the other day. It is amazing how no one wants to get up at home but here they actually get up before me. Love my kids, but they are running me ragged and KNOW they're doing it. lol

17 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

If Pace is really building a NO North style of team I don’t see Patricia on our radar tbh. I’d be good with it though. I think BOB can land another HC gig next year if he gets canned in HOU though. Like Vrabel a lot and think he’s soon to be a HC himself. Really if BOB and Vrabel are let go I’d just hire them as our HC/DC. 

Agreed.

15 hours ago, WindyCity said:

If you had to out money down on ignore today, who do you think is the Bears HC?

I am going Defilippo

In addition to the offense/Qb focus I think he has the energy and charisma to be the “face of the franchise” that Fox failed so miserably to be.

DeFillipo would make sense...I also think Nagy & LaFleur would be the 3 first timers I would expect to be targeted...which one we pick should come down to who gels with Trubisky best (who I would have in the interview for an hour) and who has the contacts to build a quality and experienced staff around him...

Just looking at the overall staff he would be able to bring in and the fact he is going from such a great franchise I still am really intrigued by Todd Haley. 

43 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Rapaport

I love Ron Rivera

I mean it still irks me that he was let go for Lovie's buddy Bob Babich. He'd probably still be the Head Coach right now if given the job. This seems like a pipe dream though. Carolina wont let him walk. Dave Toub deserves his shot. I think we should give it to him. 

32 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

I mean it still irks me that he was let go for Lovie's buddy Bob Babich. He'd probably still be the Head Coach right now if given the job. This seems like a pipe dream though. Carolina wont let him walk. Dave Toub deserves his shot. I think we should give it to him. 

I'm not so sure he would want to come back here over a place like Indy where he would be getting a totally fresh start.

Anyone else see the 49ers drop 44 points on the NFLs best scoring D today...man that Shanahan/McVay offence is really perfect for the NFL right now...that playbook is the one thing that makes me still think LaFleur is the right guy for us...the way Jimmy G plays is exactly how we should be using Trubiksy with his skill set.

Archived