UPDATED: Future Head Coaching Options Discussion

G08

I don't hate the idea of Toub, but don't love it either.  It would be a real mistake to not give Trubisky the offensive continuity you will see from an offensive minded head coach who will maintain his system and play book while he's around.  It's much harder to maintain continuity when you are relying on your coordinators too much to determine what you run.  

3 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

I don't hate the idea of Toub, but don't love it either.  It would be a real mistake to not give Trubisky the offensive continuity you will see from an offensive minded head coach who will maintain his system and play book while he's around.  It's much harder to maintain continuity when you are relying on your coordinators too much to determine what you run.  

This entire quote is kind of similar to how I feel about Toub as well.

It’s not totally impossible though. The current regime tried to do this, getting Loggains in the pipe as an eventual successor to Gase. Baltimore has had mixed results under Harbaugh. Seattle has done it somewhat successfully. Pete Carroll has said that they want assistants who will eventually become coordinators and coordinators who will eventually become head coaches, because having a staff with that sort of pedigree only makes them better.

I will say this about Toub though: the Bears are a team that has had lousy special teams, has played undisciplined football, has managed the clock and game flow poorly, and has lost a lot of one-score games. I’d like to think Toub would clean up a lot of that pretty quickly.

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Nagy’s rumored staff

OC: David Culley, decade as Andy Reid’s WR coach and currently Bills QB coach. We need to develop some WRs.

DC: Mike Pettine

That is a pretty nice start to a staff to walk into an interview with.

Cool with that. QB coach would be good to know. 

10 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Nagy’s rumored staff

OC: David Culley, decade as Andy Reid’s WR coach and currently Bills QB coach. We need to develop some WRs.

DC: Mike Pettine

That is a pretty nice start to a staff to walk into an interview with.

I think this would be a solid start but as AZ said QB coach and maybe even more so OL would really matter.

Archived