Looking to attend Training Camp

n8ghee

Hey boys and girls. I’m headed to the Green Bay area around training camp. I’ll be living out of my truck (with a roof top tent), and I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere in the area to camp/park.

I’ve never attended packers training camp before, and the timing works out where I should be able to this year.

Im also looking for any other recommendations from experienced people on what I should do or see in the area. Food, sights, etc.

Thanks for any info!

I’ll be living out of my truck (with a roof top tent)"

Tell me you are a redneck without telling me you are a redneck.  (All in jest)

If you are "camping", there's a ton to do around GB.  Me?  I'd head up to Door County.  Lots of hiking trails, kayaking, fishing and camping spots.  All within about 50 minutes north of GB, and some spots are closer.

Washington Island is a great place to visit, take the ferry and go across for the day.

Great beach in Egg Harbour.

Peninsula and Potawatomi State Parks are pretty cool.  Peninsula just built a new observation tower.  Pretty neat to go up there and look around.

Lots of wineries in Door County to tour and taste.

Locally, there's the whole Packer experience along with Pro Shop and Stadium Tour.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I’ll be living out of my truck (with a roof top tent)"

Tell me you are a redneck without telling me you are a redneck.  (All in jest)

If you are "camping", there's a ton to do around GB.  Me?  I'd head up to Door County.  Lots of hiking trails, kayaking, fishing and camping spots.  All within about 50 minutes north of GB, and some spots are closer.

Washington Island is a great place to visit, take the ferry and go across for the day.

Great beach in Egg Harbour.

Peninsula and Potawatomi State Parks are pretty cool.  Peninsula just built a new observation tower.  Pretty neat to go up there and look around.

Lots of wineries in Door County to tour and taste.

Locally, there's the whole Packer experience along with Pro Shop and Stadium Tour.

Thanks, great info!

8 hours ago, mikebpackfan said:

Not helping n8, but I had a thought about trying to hit the first Saturday practice so I checked out hotels in the area.  

As an example, I think there was an Econolodge for like $700 or something.  Umm, yeah, no thanks. 

If you want a hotel in GB during TC don't stay at one on the west side near the stadium.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2022 at 1:49 AM, mikebpackfan said:

Not helping n8, but I had a thought about trying to hit the first Saturday practice so I checked out hotels in the area.  

As an example, I think there was an Econolodge for like $700 or something.  Umm, yeah, no thanks. 

Lol, that’s why I’ll be living out of my truck! I’ll find some cheap place to park/camp somewhere. Maybe meet someone at a bar that lets me park on their property. I’ve done that before. Otherwise, there is camping within a half hours drive.