week 11 Game Day Thread Steelers vs. Titans TNF

Steeler Hitman

On 11/19/2017 at 8:48 AM, warfelg said:

Couldn't agree anymore.

It's just like as much as many of us want Haley gone, there's some reality of the situation as to how he will be gone at the end.  They aren't going to outright fire Haley.  They aren't going to outright fire Tomlin.  Either they would let the contract run out or they would have the coach in question "retire".  And that isn't going to happen any time soon for Tomlin considering he recently signed a contract extension through 2020, which is a sign that they want him here post-Roethlisberger.  And I'm perfectly fine with that.

Let me be clear on what my own hope is - the team wins another Super Bowl in the era they're most likely to win it in. One Super Bowl is worth god knows how many post-season wins because it's about winning it all.

Post-Ben, I don't actually trust Tomlin to find the right QB or build an offense. Because he basically is Tony Dungy. Which is what made that whole interview perfect - to start with his own attitude towards the Ben retirement talk.

Plenty of coaches can provide a short term spark. I don't care about the sustained success at this point. This team went decades between Super Bowls because it lacked the QB. Not the pretty competent coach. As I've seen many times, your entire approach to this question shows a lack of faith in the Steelers ability to find the right coach. I'd trust the process of finding a competent coach with the Steelers structure more than that of finding a QB, personally.

And here we are.

Archived