LETSGOBROWNIES

Cavaliers Thread: Embrace The Tank

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think they WANT Korver for the shooting and spacing.

Oh for sure, I'm saying from our perspective it is all about getting under the tax if we ship him for Bayless, who is basically an expiring, smaller contract.

1 minute ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Oh for sure, I'm saying from our perspective it is all about getting under the tax if we ship him for Bayless, who is basically an expiring, smaller contract.

Ah, gotcha.

Yeah they definitely want to shed that cap, and I don’t blame them. Gilbert payed a ton the last few years, I’m cool with the guy wanting to save a few bucks now.

2 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Every single team beat writer (Vardon, Lloyd, etc.) has said on the record that Love is GONE at the end of the year. Like, 0% chance he stays. And that's guys who practically always hedge as a matter of professional cover.

I didn't see anything about a pick. Bayless makes half Korver's salary and is a 1 year contract to Korver's 2. This would be to get us closer to being out of the luxury tax so that we can reset the "repeater" penalty. Could there be a loose future 2nd? Maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it and I certainly wouldn't expect a 1st.

you would think a potential pick would be in there because Korver would be wanted by a lot of teams. Hell I would want him to stay on the time because he has helped a lot of guys fix their shooting motions. He really helped Lebron and Cedi. Heck, Cedi looks like he just copied Korvers. It be great to have Korver work on Sexton's shooting motion