Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

29 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

30 signings have been done in the past hour--none by the Cavs who are just diddling around with a 8M MLE waiting for the 3rd wave of FA to begin lol

At least announce the Garland MAX extension to give us something to hang onto in the meantime. 

We don’t have money. We kinda have to just wait and see.

I do agree about extending Garland though. Him and Mobley are priorities.

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

We don’t have money. We kinda have to just wait and see.

I do agree about extending Garland though. Him and Mobley are priorities.

right, just out of the kindness of their souls. Just give us that Garland 5yr/192091M extention so I can be held over until they inevitably sign Raul Neto in 3 weeks from now as our only move of the offseason.

Also! Bing bong

If I were to guess.....that contending team is the Clippers and they would be sending us back Luke Kennard + picks in the trade. Dark horse is the Mavericks sending us back Dorian Finney-Smith + picks.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

right, just out of the kindness of their souls. Just give us that Garland 5yr/192091M extention so I can be held over until they inevitably sign Raul Neto in 3 weeks from now as our only move of the offseason.

Also! Bing bong

If I were to guess.....that contending team is the Clippers and they would be sending us back Luke Kennard + picks in the trade. Dark horse is the Mavericks sending us back Dorian Finney-Smith + picks.

I like the Kennard idea.

Garland / ???

Kennard / Levert

Markanen / Okoro

Mobley / Love

Allen / ???

That’s a strong playoff 8 man rotation.

40 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I like the Kennard idea.

Garland / ???

Kennard / Levert

Markanen / Okoro

Mobley / Love

Allen / ???

I secretly love Kennard. Ever since he was undercover destroying us when he was with DET. He is the perfect 3/D wing shooter that can do a bit more than just shoot and wont come with a astronomical price tag. He also plays bigger than his size and I think he could play SF a lot easier than others on the roster could.

A small ball lineup of Garland/Agbaji/Kennard/LeVert/Love would be wooooooo So much shooting lol

Edited by AkronsWitness

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I like the Kennard idea.

Garland / ???

Kennard / Levert

Markanen / Okoro

Mobley / Love

Allen / ???

back up PG would be Rubio and Isaiah Mobley playing C???

13 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

He might not be a perfect fit from a creation standpoint, but he would still fill a needed role of being a vet backup. At this point, Im not sure the 'perfect' option is going to be out there and if there is, the Cavs likely cant afford him.

I guess a option of rolling with Sexton/LeVert as the backup ball handlers from OCT-JAN until Rubio gets healthy is there but that is a lot to ask from a roster gymnastics standpoint.

Lets see who keeps coming available in the next few days. They need a backup PG, backup C and a SF. Ive lost hope in them actually caring about SF, so if they can just use that MLE to address PG/C that would be as good as its going to get i guess. There are only so many roster spots left, this roster is already filled out without a trade of somekind so I highly doubt they just start bringing in guys left and right.

If Rubio takes scraps b/c of his injury timeline, could we go out and sign him and a guy like Serge Ibaka for backup C? We'll see. We have the a little bit of money to basically fill Rubio/Ed Davis roles from last year.

Oh I feel you on that, I’d be more than fine with signing Patty Mills especially if the alternative is relying on Rubio to come back mid-season and I love Rubio.

Do you think it’s a realistic chance we roll with the Mobley brothers sharing the backup C minutes? That’s asking a lot from Isaiah especially at the beginning of the year but would allow us to add Rubio + another PG or SF.

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

Oh I feel you on that, I’d be more than fine with signing Patty Mills especially if the alternative is relying on Rubio to come back mid-season and I love Rubio.

Do you think it’s a realistic chance we roll with the Mobley brothers sharing the backup C minutes? That’s asking a lot from Isaiah especially at the beginning of the year but would allow us to add Rubio + another PG or SF.

Doubtful Isiah sees any sort of meaningful mins this year. He is on a 2-way contract and will likely be the 15th guy on the bench who will play garbage time here and there. Where the Cavs are at trying being real contenders for the playoff spot, they are not going to be relying on any 2nd round rookies. They will bring in a vet, even if its just resigning Ed Davis.

Im not sure why they didnt just bring back Moses Brown tbh. He was actually pretty good down the stretch last year when they needed him. That move to let him go was sort of baffling. They did the same thing with Hartenstein 2 years ago. Why not just keep one of these guys instead of always churning the bottom of the roster.

Edited by AkronsWitness

24 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

love it!!

Sweet, hopefully we can get even 75% of what he brought to us last year. I imagine he won’t be fully back to himself and integrated into the team until just before the postseason.

Now announce the Garland extension!!

10 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Doubtful Isiah sees any sort of meaningful mins this year. He is on a 2-way contract and will likely be the 15th guy on the bench who will play garbage time here and there. Where the Cavs are at trying being real contenders for the playoff spot, they are not going to be relying on any 2nd round rookies. They will bring in a vet, even if its just resigning Ed Davis.

Im not sure why they didnt just bring back Moses Brown tbh. He was actually pretty good down the stretch last year when they needed him. That move to let him go was sort of baffling. They did the same thing with Hartenstein 2 years ago. Why not just keep one of these guys instead of always churning the bottom of the roster.

The reason I asked is Ed Davis wasn’t even really supposed to see the floor last year. Evan Mobley would get the backup C minutes and Isaiah or an outside guy would be the emergency backup if Allen or Evan went down.

I agree though, Hartenstein and Moses Brown were both fine for that role. Although I think Hartenstein is the one who wanted to leave. 

32 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

The reason I asked is Ed Davis wasn’t even really supposed to see the floor last year. Evan Mobley would get the backup C minutes and Isaiah or an outside guy would be the emergency backup if Allen or Evan went down.

I agree though, Hartenstein and Moses Brown were both fine for that role. Although I think Hartenstein is the one who wanted to leave. 

Yeah whoever it is would likely only see spurts of 5-10 mins per night, if that. Whoever they bring in I hope they are more of a bruiser type. We have a lot of bigs, but they are all long, mobile bigs. I wouldnt mind bringing in an enforcer type. Deandre Jordan would have been great but he went to DEN.

Serge Ibaka? Depending on cost now with Rubio on the books.

Edited by AkronsWitness

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck