Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

45 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Nerd stats really like Allen and Garland

https://dunksandthrees.com/epm

They are the two most valuable players on the Cavs (last year at least). There was such a noticeable difference in the offense when Garland wasnt on the floor and such a difference in the defense when Allen wasnt on the floor.

They are both the pillars of each unit and when either is missing, its gets ugly.

15 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Would you start Ochai or Okoro…?

Garland / Sexton / Rubio

Agbaji / Okoro / Osman

Markkanen / LeVert / Stevens / Windler

Mobley / Love / Wade

Allen / Lopez

I bet Okoro gets first crack at it, but depending on his development this offseason as a shooter/scorer I could see that position changing hands to LeVert at some point. I just highly doubt a team with serious goals this season to make the playoffs in sort of a pivotal year is going to be comfortable starting a rookie when they are finally at a point in their rebuild where they dont have to--unless Agbaji is wildly better than anyone's expectations.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I bet Okoro gets first crack at it, but depending on his development this offseason as a shooter/scorer I could see that position changing hands to LeVert at some point. I just highly doubt a team with serious goals this season to make the playoffs in sort of a pivotal year is going to be comfortable starting a rookie when they are finally at a point in their rebuild where they dont have to--unless Agbaji is wildly better than anyone's expectations.

Yeah I’d probably just keep the starters the same and run the rookie with the second unit.

Sexton, Ochai, LeVert, Love, and a random big is a pretty nice second unit and should be helpful for the regular season.  

The Dallas Mavericks are rumored to have interest in Cleveland Cavaliers guard Collin Sexton, but the Cavs reportedly aren't "very attracted" to potential Mavs pieces that could be used in a sign-and-trade.

The topic was discussed on the Wine & Gold Talk podcast with Cleveland.com's Chris Fedor and Hayden Grove:

"The Dallas Mavericks have been rumored as a team that may have interest because they lost Jalen Brunson. They don’t have cap space. So it would have to be a sign-and-trade worked out with the Cavs. And I’m told that the Cavs are not very attracted to any of the pieces that Dallas would be willing to send back to them in a potential sign-and-trade."

The Cleveland Cavaliers are "still hopeful and optimistic" they can agree to a new deal with restricted free agent Collin Sexton, according to Chris Fedor of Cleveland.com.

Per that report, "potential Sexton suitors continue to dwindle, with few cap-space teams capable of giving him the lucrative offer he covets and one the Cavs wouldn't want to match."

"He has no market," a league executive told Fedor.

I can’t think of anything I’d want from Dallas.

Edited by candyman93

16 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Just can't see LeVert on the team.

What does he bring?

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck