Good News On The Injury Front

Just Want A Title

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2022/10/17/23409538/detroit-lions-injury-updates-josh-paschal-john-cominsky-jerry-jacobs-romeo-okwara

Sounds like Paschal, Cominsky and Jacobs should be back next week.  That should help the D a ton.  Sucks that Levi won't get a chance and with backs at his position I dont expect much going forward.  

Jameson Williams still isn't practicing and will likely be a mid November return at this point. I was happy with that pick, I knew it would be a delayed start and am still hopeful he is a star, but it sure would be nice to have one of the two guys I wanted with that pick when we traded up (Jordan Davis or Kyle Hamilton).   

No mention on how Swift and ARSB are doing.  I am guessing ARSB is back and playing and hopeful that Swift can return.  I think he could be huge in the screen game against Parsons.  

• Like 1

On 10/18/2022 at 6:41 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2022/10/17/23409538/detroit-lions-injury-updates-josh-paschal-john-cominsky-jerry-jacobs-romeo-okwara

Sounds like Paschal, Cominsky and Jacobs should be back next week.  That should help the D a ton.  Sucks that Levi won't get a chance and with backs at his position I dont expect much going forward.  

Jameson Williams still isn't practicing and will likely be a mid November return at this point. I was happy with that pick, I knew it would be a delayed start and am still hopeful he is a star, but it sure would be nice to have one of the two guys I wanted with that pick when we traded up (Jordan Davis or Kyle Hamilton).   

No mention on how Swift and ARSB are doing.  I am guessing ARSB is back and playing and hopeful that Swift can return.  I think he could be huge in the screen game against Parsons.  

St. Brown was back full participant but Swift was only a partial participant in practice. 

16 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Yup, makes RB a need again in the draft in the next year or two. The curse of Barry Sanders seems to be striking again.  

I wouldn't be opposed to grabbing Bijian Robinson if he's the top rated guy with our second 1st if he's there (I don't expect he will be but you never know). There was a chart showing the percentage of drafted RB's having 1,000+ yards on an annual basis. 1st round RB's had a significantly higher percentage for 5 years than every other category. 

For a team that wants to run the ball and control the clock, having a guy of that caliber can be a dangerous weapon. It's especially important for when we eventually bring in a rookie QB to take over. Having a strong and consistent rush attack is going to take pressure off. 

2 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2022/10/20/john-cominsky-josh-paschal-injury-update-lions-week-7-defensive-line/

Cominsky and Paschal should be back this week per Aaron Glenn.  Jacobs is a maybe for this week.  That should help and will be nice to see what Paschal can bring to the team.  

i'm not expecting anything from Paschal. I think cominsky will help a lot.

22 hours ago, LionArkie said:

i'm not expecting anything from Paschal. I think cominsky will help a lot.

I am.  He was a second round pick and although he missed camp, he has had a few weeks of practice.  I’m not expecting him to be the best DL we have but he needs to flash and show something. Can’t be much worse than our DL has played recently so any improvement should be noticeable. 

30 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I am.  He was a second round pick and although he missed camp, he has had a few weeks of practice.  I’m not expecting him to be the best DL we have but he needs to flash and show something. Can’t be much worse than our DL has played recently so any improvement should be noticeable. 

I think we differ on our meanings of "expecting much". You expect flash, I expect production. I don't expect much production from Paschal this year. He might "flash", but flashing isn't something you can hang your hat on this year... or any other year for that matter.

20 hours ago, LionArkie said:

I think we differ on our meanings of "expecting much". You expect flash, I expect production. I don't expect much production from Paschal this year. He might "flash", but flashing isn't something you can hang your hat on this year... or any other year for that matter.

I don’t expect flash. I expect more production from Paschal than what we have been getting from our DL.  If he flashes some bright spots, great but that’s not what I’m expecting.  I don’t expect him to be the best version he will become but want to see how he plays and shows his worth as a second round pick. 

• Like 1