Ravens TC 2022

DreamKid

Just going to say my piece and then i’m completely done talking about it because I’m tired of typing it so i KNOW you all are tired of reading it.

Would love to know what guys like Brandon Stephens and Tyre Phillips have done to earn a spot on this team over guys that in my opinion are better football players besides

a. both being “versatile” (read: both sucking at multiple positions), and

b. both being reach drafted in the 3rd and the team not wanting to admit they blew the picks.

Done discussing it though. The team is the team at this point and let’s go win the super bowl.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

We have a really strange roster composition after the initial cuts

Outside Linebacker Depth Chart:

Odafe Oweh
Justin Houston
Tyus Bowser *Torn Achilles not playing the first quarter+ of the season*
David Ojabo *Torn Achilles not playing the first half+ of the season*

9 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Outside Linebacker Depth Chart:

Odafe Oweh
Justin Houston
Tyus Bowser *Torn Achilles not playing the first quarter+ of the season*
David Ojabo *Torn Achilles not playing the first half+ of the season*

I’m thinking Means has to be one of those wink wink cut and sign situations. He actually played pretty well this PS and like you said that depth chart is scary.

Also think they’re going to be playing Malik Harrison at OLB on some early run downs this year. He seems to be best when he can just set an edge and react to the ball carrier.

It's nice to see us not clinging to late round picks who are disappointing. Daelin Hayes taking a step back was a pretty big bummer. Looked like he lost too much weight imo. Badie didn't impress either, so I'm glad we didn't force him on the roster. 

Oliver was hyped similar to Likely last year, and had people thinking he'd take over the 19' Hurst role... but that clearly didn't happen. So his inclusion is somewhat odd. The offense must really be built around the TEs if they're prioritizing depth that much.

Colon is still only 24 Y/O and has flashed a decent upside, so it would've been rough to just cut him. It will be interesting to see how things shake out on the OL with 11 currently on the roster. 

As others have pointed out there's a lot of moves we're still going to make so it's hard to have final opinions on anything yet. 

10 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Colon is still only 24 Y/O and has flashed a decent upside, so it would've been rough to just cut him. It will be interesting to see how things shake out on the OL with 11 currently on the roster.

Jeff Z alluded to this but keeping TCC seems to be that Mekari is likely going to be our primary swing tackle until Stanley gets back (who knows when that'll be), so until that point in time TCC is our backup center.