Jump to content

Ravens TC 2022


DreamKid
 Share

Recommended Posts

Feels like just yesterday Hayden Hurst was sidelined during his Rookie Year TC with injury.

Nice to see Kolar keeping up the tradition of the first of the two double dip TE selections missing time. All 👀s on Likely I guess. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Things I’ll be paying most attention to:

•Health of PUP players

•LG competition (Predicting Phillips gets the nod, hoping for Cleveland)

•Slot CB competition (Predicting Fuller gets the nod, hoping for Washington or Pepe)

•WR2 competition (Predicting and hoping Proche gets the nod)

•How Mike Davis/Tyler Badie look, as they’ll most likely be getting a good amount of work the first few weeks of the season

•How quickly Linderbaum cements himself as a + pro center

•Odafe Oweh/Daelin Hayes’ development as 2nd year pass rushers

•TRAVIS JONES

•Michael Pierce’s weight 

•Jordan Stout’s directional punting and holding ability 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To me the signing of Gaither indicates the team isn't too interested in adding a "proven" veteran receiver at this point. That could change if at the end (or maybe midway if things look real bad) of camp the young guys haven't impressed but I kind of like what they're doing. As long as the line holds up it really seems like the team is going back to the 2019-20 offense. 🤷‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

To me the signing of Gaither indicates the team isn't too interested in adding a "proven" veteran receiver at this point. That could change if at the end (or maybe midway if things look real bad) of camp the young guys haven't impressed but I kind of like what they're doing. As long as the line holds up it really seems like the team is going back to the 2019-20 offense. 🤷‍♂️

I’m still holding out hope that a Darius slayton/ Scottie Miller type gets cut and we can bring them in. 
 

we need someone else to supplement our top 4, imo. Nothing crazy, but a contributor 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

I’m still holding out hope that a Darius slayton/ Scottie Miller type gets cut and we can bring them in. 
 

we need someone else to supplement our top 4, imo. Nothing crazy, but a contributor 

I don't think even the 4th receiver is going to see enough significant snaps to make any kind of impact. No sense in worrying about adding another guy to the mix. The injury wildcard is always there of course but they don't have to cap space to prepare for every contingency. 

From my point of view it's Bateman, Duvernay, and whatever guy wins out between Wallace and Proche. More rotation would be fine in my eyes but until we actually see that happen I'm not going to hold my breathe. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, coordinator0 said:

I don't think even the 4th receiver is going to see enough significant snaps to make any kind of impact. No sense in worrying about adding another guy to the mix. The injury wildcard is always there of course but they don't have to cap space to prepare for every contingency. 

From my point of view it's Bateman, Duvernay, and whatever guy wins out between Wallace and Proche. More rotation would be fine in my eyes but until we actually see that happen I'm not going to hold my breathe. 

I think Duvernay will be the #2 on snaps but Proche will have more targets.

 

it’s not pretty but Lamar won MVP with worse receivers than we currently have. I just would like to see someone with a bit more suddenness in their route running because Duvernay and Proche have similar profiles as guys with awesome hands who can’t beat man coverage 

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Any chance Dobbins is ready Week 1?

Dobbins thinks he's ready now. Apparently his teammates had to call him down during our first TC practices because he had so much energy over wanting to participate. Which means he and the club have a different timetable for his return in their heads. Which makes sense as any player is always going to want to come back as soon as possible and with the Ravens horrific injury luck in 21'.... they're going to approach any injured/returning player with extreme caution.

So short answer I would assume yes, but no one should be surprised if the Ravens slow play him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Any chance Dobbins is ready Week 1?

If this is a question for fantasy, I say you draft him assuming he's healthy and ready for week 1.

If this is just a reality question, I say you shouldn't be surprised if the Ravens take it easy with him coming back because of how much depth we have there. But when he returns, he's clearly RB1.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If this is a question for fantasy, I say you draft him assuming he's healthy and ready for week 1.

If this is just a reality question, I say you shouldn't be surprised if the Ravens take it easy with him coming back because of how much depth we have there. But when he returns, he's clearly RB1.

For fantasy, specifically bestball. Drafting him now, he’s going in the 7th Round. 

If he confirms for Week 1, he will jump to the 4th. 

Basically need to draft him before it’s confirmed and thought fans might know more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...