Broncos WR Tim Patrick tears ACL; Out for season

RaidersAreOne

It's going to likely be an ACL injury.  Awful for him - only silver lining is he took the security of a team-friendly extension, so at least he got that second contract.

Patrick was going to play outside, and probably alternate with KJ Hamler (when they need verticality, Hamler; otherwise Patrick), or sub in when Sutton needed a break (or take Sutton's big body role if he got hurt).    It always sucks to lose a top 3 roster WR, but at least here, we have guys to fill in - if Sutton goes down, then we've got issues, since Patrick/Sutton occupied very similar roles.   

This probably ends any thought of trading from our top 7-8 WR's, though.   I'd like to say I'm hoping for the best, but it would be a major upset if it's not an ACL.

44 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

It's going to likely be an ACL injury.  Awful for him - only silver lining is he took the security of a team-friendly extension, so at least he got that second contract.

Patrick was going to play outside, and probably alternate with KJ Hamler (when they need verticality, Hamler; otherwise Patrick), or sub in when Sutton needed a break (or take Sutton's big body role if he got hurt).    It always sucks to lose a top 3 roster WR, but at least here, we have guys to fill in - if Sutton goes down, then we've got issues, since Patrick/Sutton occupied very similar roles.   

This probably ends any thought of trading from our top 7-8 WR's, though.   I'd like to say I'm hoping for the best, but it would be a major upset if it's not an ACL.

I absolutely hate making things about fantasy football usually, but I have to ask now before i forget: do you think Jeudy is worth a 5th round keeper this year or would you pass on that?

2 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

I absolutely hate making things about fantasy football usually, but I have to ask now before i forget: do you think Jeudy is worth a 5th round keeper this year or would you pass on that?

Depends on your alternatives, but that's paying for the 70th percentile outcome (which could absolutely happen).    In PPR, keep-forever format (or true dynasty), yes.   Shorter-term, or alternatives, depends.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Now probably yeah, but early reports in camp were that Wilson and Sutton has a very strong connection and that he was clearly the WR1 in the offense.

Patrick going down is only going to amplify that, though Jeudy should see a uptick as a WR2. Time to put up or shut up for him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

Where were they practicing? On a K-Mart parking lot? Live minefield?

Its the field from Mutant League Football with the caters and mines on it. Its also on another planet so if they go out of bounds they vanish.